Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Of Instead Of Have

Alf Hartigan

Don't get me started. 

A few of my pet hates have been covered. 

"Literally", "Basically" .... "can I get a packet of crisps". 

Here's some more of mine. 

People who refer to everybody from Harold Shipman to next door's dog as "Hon" or "Hun" or however the fuck you spell it.

The word "iconic". It has to be the most over-used word in the English language. The way we are going the lamp post at the end of the street will be deemed to be iconic some time soon.

The word "surreal". A particular sin of sportsmen and women who have just excelled at something but now also creeping in elsewhere. "How do you feel after that win?", "Oh it feels surreal"

Finally, right up there with "can I get a packet of crisps" and starting every sentence with "So", I give you "kind of". So many people in the world kind of cannot complete a sentence without kind of using the phrase kind of. It kind of gets right on my fucking Bristols.

Edited by paulhanley

Also......slightly off topic, but what really annoys me is when you're having a piss at the urinals, and then somebody comes and stands next to you, and before they start pissing, they'll spit into the urinal. I've noticed it happening quite a bit recently (not that I've been hanging around toilets on a regular basis)  -  perhaps it's just me who notices this.......

• Site Supporter

Also......slightly off topic, but what really annoys me is when you're having a piss at the urinals, and then somebody comes and stands next to you, and before they start pissing, they'll spit into the urinal. I've noticed it happening quite a bit recently (not that I've been hanging around toilets on a regular basis)  -  perhaps it's just me who notices this.......

Just clearing out after gobbling the previous pisser in your place.

• Members

Finally, right up there with "can I get a packet of crisps" and starting every sentence with "So", I give you "kind of". So many people in the world kind of cannot complete a sentence without kind of using the phrase kind of. It kind of gets right on my fucking Bristols.

......and airheaded teenagers (most often flatdicks) who insert the word 'like' with infuriating regularity.

Yeh i've noticed this.

I think it's a bit of a 10 men thing.

In a "I might only have a little knob,but i'm hard as fcuk" kind of way

Edited by Burndens Bogs

I always piss in the traps now if they're free.

Someone on here mentioned noticing a misty essence of splashback against their skin (using a urinal) when they had a piss wearing shorts at the gym.

I noticed the same phenomenon and piss in the traps now. Who wants L'Eau de Pissoir on their britches?

I couldn't care less if other dickheads think I'm going in the traps on account of a small cock - I know better. :)

Edited by Youri McAnespie

Slightly related but ‘well respected’ newspapers insisting on click bait titles instead of the title of the article.

Manchester evening news are at it constantly.

Bolton evening news not as bad but slowly creeping in.

“Andy burham has this to say and some people aren’t happy”

Translates as

Andy burnham announces reduced transport budget