Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

2 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

But we're talking about paying his staff who I assume aren't demanding he fucks off.....

It was a ridiculous thing to say. 

I bet the majority of them are. They may not be abusing him on Facebook etc but they’re fans no different to you or me

ive got a legal obligation to provide for my kids but tell them they’re getting fuck all in future because they don’t appreciate anything. They still get it. Doesn’t stop me saying it. Whilst it’s hardly professional, it doesn’t stop him feeling it either. 

The boundaries of respect between everyone associated with the club and Ken were broken a long time ago 

What a sorry mess this last few years has been..........from ex players ripping us off, media that reports slant-eyed views on everything with little investigation, an owner who being very kind is eccentric, woeful football.

Let's hope we can all move on soon with a Club still to support.

2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Do you believe he has paid hard cash out of his own pocket and not received it back?  I would also bet he has charged the club a little extra for the privilege.  

I don’t believe that for a second but I do believe he’s sat there and thought, fuck ya. In anger, frustration whatever it may be. 

I also firmly believe the new mob have told him to get his house in order before anything is completed so he has begrudgingly done it 

Just now, barrycowdrill said:

I don’t believe that for a second but I do believe he’s sat there and thought, fuck ya. In anger, frustration whatever it may be. 

I also firmly believe the new mob have told him to get his house in order before anything is completed so he has begrudgingly done it 

That's probably a fair summary.

Guest Nordkurve
11 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

But we're talking about paying his staff who I assume aren't demanding he fucks off.....

It was a ridiculous thing to say. 

Technically they aren't his staff. They work for the Club and he is not responsible for paying the wages. The Club are. Whilst morally it looks bad for him not to pay, legally he doesn't have to, and when you look at some of the stuff posted about him and his family on Faceache and Twatter, it's not surprising that he feels that way.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, freds dad said:

TLDR: I've earnt every penny of my £6M in consultancy fees during my time here

seriously though, I've read his review of the debts a couple of times, and I'm not getting anywhere near a quarter of a billion

unless I'm missing something, it's more like £26M - so guess he (or his writer) think one billion is a hundred million

I guess the proof reader hasn't been paid yet

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

The anger/frustration shows his immaturity on a personal level & the resulting Trump comparisons.

He just needs to get the deal done, forget any praise that he thinks he deserves & fuck off out of our club.

We all have differing views about him & he'll always cause debate but as fans, we just want an end to this fucking purgatory.

31 minutes ago, Spider said:

He just needs to go.

For everyone's sake.

Thanks God for the Supporter's Trust though. They moved heaven and earth to help with wages.

Ha ha they were on it .....

Would have been a loan payable back with competitive interest.

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

You can't know anything he said there? Really? How about "I didn't pay my staff because I feel unwanted"? You can't knock that?

Really really poor to misquote people in this day and age when you can cut and paste their actual words. "but it is difficult to accept putting a further £1m into a club that does not want you there and worse still it is not safe to even go to the club."

If you want to argue about it, and clearly you do, at least have the decency to be accurate. Piss poor.

1 minute ago, Carlos said:

Really really poor to misquote people in this day and age when you can cut and paste their actual words. "but it is difficult to accept putting a further £1m into a club that does not want you there and worse still it is not safe to even go to the club."

If you want to argue about it, and clearly you do, at least have the decency to be accurate. Piss poor.

I think it was accurately paraphrased. But regardless - whilst much of what Ken wrote was reasonable - that line alone, surely is not defensible? If he'd said he did not want to put more of his own money in as he thought it was sold - that would have been fine. But because your customers don't like you - doesn't mean you stop paying your staff. 

7 minutes ago, Steejay said:

The anger/frustration shows his immaturity on a personal level & the resulting Trump comparisons.

He just needs to get the deal done, forget any praise that he thinks he deserves & fuck off out of our club.

We all have differing views about him & he'll always cause debate but as fans, we just want an end to this fucking purgatory.

Absolutely. 

Many can see why he’s said what he’s said and many others think he’s a bare faced fucker for saying it

hes divisive without even trying. As I said earlier damned either way 

7 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Could that anger be because Eddies Trustees have stepped in and have decided to sideline him and have taken over  negotiations with prospective buyers ?

Nixon commented this morning "Ownership battle taking some interesting twists .  More than one way to skin a cat "

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

I think it was accurately paraphrased. But regardless - whilst much of what Ken wrote was reasonable - that line alone, surely is not defensible? If he'd said he did not want to put more of his own money in as he thought it was sold - that would have been fine. But because your customers don't like you - doesn't mean you stop paying your staff. 

To quote Carlos

15 minutes ago, Carlos said:

As Carlos wrote - "At least have the decency to be accurate" why, unless you're paraphrasing a Sluffy epic, where it's more likely to be a précis than a paraphrase, would you need to shorten about ten words into eight?

42 minutes ago, royal white said:

He didn’t have to though.

I am sure you are aware that Eddie was rumored to be lending Ken the money to pay wages and then paying it back when cash flow recovered, this latest salary delay has only been paid because it has been forced on Ken by the potential buyers, he wanted them to pay it but they refused, he has done nothing out of the goodness of his own heart and acted solely to protect his own interests.   

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I am sure you are aware that Eddie was rumored to be lending Ken the money to pay wages and then paying it back when cash flow recovered, this latest salary delay has only been paid because it has been forced on Ken by the potential buyers, he wanted them to pay it but they refused, he has done nothing out of the goodness of his own heart.  

A heart? Ken?

31 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

TLDR: I've earnt every penny of my £6M in consultancy fees during my time here

seriously though, I've read his review of the debts a couple of times, and I'm not getting anywhere near a quarter of a billion

unless I'm missing something, it's more like £26M - so guess he (or his writer) think one billion is a hundred million

I guess the proof reader hasn't been paid yet

He is talking about the 180 million Eddie wrote off, utterly ridiculous for him to even mention it.   

6 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I am sure you are aware that Eddie was rumored to be lending Ken the money to pay wages and then paying it back when cash flow recovered, this latest salary delay has only been paid because it has been forced on Ken by the potential buyers, he wanted them to pay it but they refused, he has done nothing out of the goodness of his own heart and acted solely to protect his own interests.   

And you know this because you're part of the inner circle? (see what I did there) - or just off what people have said on the interweb?

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

He is talking about the 180 million Eddie wrote off, utterly ridiculous for him to even mention it.   

ok, though he's still being generous with his rounding up

anyway

sounds to me like the Basran deal is the one, given he ends with:

"...will get behind the new owners by supporting them and giving them the time to settle in and deal with everything and hopefully retain Championship status"

sounds like it's pretty near to a done deal, which probably wouldn't be the case with any Kenyon bid if he's only rocked up in the last day or so

13 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

and you know this how? Basically another rumour unless you are aware of all the conversations going on between the various parties

49 minutes ago, Nordkurve said:

Technically they aren't his staff. They work for the Club and he is not responsible for paying the wages. The Club are. Whilst morally it looks bad for him not to pay, legally he doesn't have to, and when you look at some of the stuff posted about him and his family on Faceache and Twatter, it's not surprising that he feels that way.

Nothing technical about it. They are employees of a limited company. Now lets make a list shall we of owners, shareholders or directors who, since the club was incorporated in 1895, have subsidised or paid players wages out of their own pockets. I'll start with Eddie Davies. Can anyone name any others and, better still, tell us how  much?