Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

• Site Supporter

http://twohundredpercent.net/is-this-how-bolton-wanderers-die/

Good article. Last paragraph below...

'So, is this how Bolton Wanderers die? A founder member of the Football League? A Premier League member as recently as seven years ago? The club of Nat Lofthouse, Eddie Hopkinson andFrank Worthington? It’s difficult to avoid the feeling that the whole of professional football – every governing body that allowed this to build up unchecked, every player, manager and agent who put taking money before anything else, everybody – should be hanging their heads in shame at what has happened to this club, but they won’t. They never do. Should the worst come to the worst, there’ll be the usual trite statements of regret for what has happened before everybody shrugs their shoulders, whispers “that’s business” under their breath and carries on as though nothing has happened. That this should be happening to a club of Bolton’s standing should be one of English football’s greatest shames, but it won’t be, and that’s no small part of the reason why the likes of Ken Anderson end up as emboldened to treat one of the Football League’s great institutions in such a way as they do. It’s the mantra of the modern world, and it’s the mantra of modern football. If you can’t make a buck from it, it’s not worth a penny.'

Edited by Steejay

4 minutes ago, Steejay said:

http://twohundredpercent.net/is-this-how-bolton-wanderers-die/

Good article. Last paragraph below...

'So, is this how Bolton Wanderers die? A founder member of the Football League? A Premier League member as recently as seven years ago? The club of Nat Lofthouse, Eddie Hopkinson andFrank Worthington? It’s difficult to avoid the feeling that the whole of professional football – every governing body that allowed this to build up unchecked, every player, manager and agent who put taking money before anything else, everybody – should be hanging their heads in shame at what has happened to this club, but they won’t. They never do. Should the worst come to the worst, there’ll be the usual trite statements of regret for what has happened before everybody shrugs their shoulders, whispers “that’s business” under their breath and carries on as though nothing has happened. That this should be happening to a club of Bolton’s standing should be one of English football’s greatest shames, but it won’t be, and that’s no small part of the reason why the likes of Ken Anderson end up as emboldened to treat one of the Football League’s great institutions in such a way as they do. It’s the mantra of the modern world, and it’s the mantra of modern football. If you can’t make a buck from it, it’s not worth a penny.'

That last paragraph is excellent. Touches the heart of every Wanderers supporter. . Sad, poignant but brilliant 

+1

1 hour ago, barrycowdrill said:

I like Whatmore seems like a right simpleton 

Aye, "24 carrot" has had me chuckling like a loon & could be the 1st time i've really laughed today, but i still think that he'll need to work his way up to simpleton level.

1 minute ago, dazl1212 said:

That's slightly more reassuring.

Sadly, I find nothing that comes out of that Jock prick reassuring.

He's more of a dickhead than our esteemed news nonce.

3 minutes ago, Traf said:

Seems to be more on the ball and closer to news than our esteemed news nonce though 

which begs the question even more, what does the bald prick actually do? 

Been trying to be positive at our house and hope things work out in the end but last night my lad who is almost 17 said "so second worst scenario is we end up watching a club called Bolton Town or summat and worst is that I have to pack in watching football", deffo gave me pause for thought.

When finally KA, his son, and PP do leave (I've more sympathy for PP than a lot have) then it would be good to think Iles and Bonnar might fuck off as well but the amount of people sucking them off on social media makes me think otherwise. They could have come out of this looking brilliant but I'd piss on neither if I saw them on fire.

This whole thing has been a bit of an eye opener in a lot of ways, this place has actually been more balanced on both sides than pretty much anywhere else and it's also shown up other folk in different lights altogether. From a distance people like Firth and Shortland and others in that circle have showed their true colours and me along with others have probably ended up at odds with some they've known for years.

I know someone who has worked in football professionally all his life, who is BWFC through and through and whose opinion is as solid as it gets but turned out even he is friends with Firth et al and I'm having trouble processing it all.

Any road let's hope we're still here next week, I need to go to and have a smoke and a sleep with it being a Tuesday night and it being bad enough staff not getting paid without me not getting paid for being pissed and ducking tomorrow.

Edited by ErnestTurnip

4 minutes ago, Traf said:

Thing is if Nixon speaks people think its gospel

He gets some stuff right, as he obviously has a lot of contacts, but also gets stuff wrong

"One way or another I think there’s a new owner by end of week" - crucial bit is he THINKS!!

This is turning into one of the longest 3 weeks of my life.

Just want something to get settled.

Yes I was  vocal in my support of Ken , and yes he did take over a bloody financial disaster. But I was wrong ,this is a slow destruction of my club, the club that gets me through the shit that life throws at you.

None of us , the staff and players deserve this !!!!!

• Site Supporter

Shortland is a small time, self appointed ambassador of absolutely fuck all.

Him and Firth thrive on the drama and the interaction and attention it brings them, when they would, ordinarily, get none.

what they do well, granted, is write in a manner that suggests they are very knowledgable. Unfortunately for them, they get called out on their ‘facts’ and either block or simply ignore it.

Basically, they’ve acted like cunts.

Edited by Spider

32 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

Thing is if Nixon speaks people think its gospel

He gets some stuff right, as he obviously has a lot of contacts, but also gets stuff wrong

"One way or another I think there’s a new owner by end of week" - crucial bit is he THINKS!!

Thinks because clearly until something is signed off, how the hell could it be anything other than thinks? 

Nixon’s ego is bigger than his belly but I reckon his info is far better than Iles. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Thinks because clearly until something is signed off, how the hell could it be anything other than thinks? 

Nixon’s ego is bigger than his belly but I reckon his info is far better than Iles. 

I'd ask my dog for his opinion before lies

And I'd get more sense back

13 minutes ago, Spider said:

Shortland is a small time, self appointed ambassador of absolutely fuck all.

Him and Firth thrive on the drama and the interaction and attention it brings them, when they would, ordinarily, get none.

what they do well, granted, is write in a manner that suggests they are very knowledgable. Unfortunately for them, they get called out on their ‘facts’ and either block or simply ignore it.

Basically, they’ve acted like cunts.

Haha

Spot on

Shorty puts Isles and Nixon on instant tweet notifications so he can reply straight away

Neither of them want a pint with you mate

Anyway

You know when you drop a log and a fart gust pops out straight after?

Shortland is the shite vapour.

Isles is the log maker.

4 hours ago, Ruba Mustafa said:

I wonder if the Fleetwood fella, Andy pilley, is interested in us? 

Hes took fleetwood about as far as he can, could hand them over to his lad.

hes looking for a new challenge, we could fit the bill.

id be delighted if he got us.

He was at Bloomfield Road today.....