Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

41 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I am sure you are aware that Eddie was rumored to be lending Ken the money to pay wages and then paying it back when cash flow recovered, this latest salary delay has only been paid because it has been forced on Ken by the potential buyers, he wanted them to pay it but they refused, he has done nothing out of the goodness of his own heart and acted solely to protect his own interests.   

So your riposte starts with a rumour 

Let's face it non of us know what's going on

When you say things like that Its no worse than the Twitter mob 

1 minute ago, DirtySanchez said:

So your riposte starts with a rumour 

Let's face it non of us know what's going on

When you say things like that Its no worse than the Twitter mob 

No fussed what folk believe or don’t believe, it’s time to move on. 

• Site Supporter

In one respect, Ken's quite good in the way he writes; however his infantile rants and blaming of others over the months have not helped his cause.

Now the last couple of pieces have shown a little more decorum but toy a little with facts.

Whatever the rights and wrongs are of all this, I can't help feeling he bit off more than he could chew.

The king is dead, long live the king (or Queen).

• Site Supporter
17 hours ago, Biganddaft said:

Don't understand the hatred of Iles yes he is probably up his self but the hatred of him on here is a little bit sad, one or two people on here need to look. At themselves 

No mate, I promise you they don't. 

• Site Supporter

Do need to add that the endless stories of doom over the last couple of days in the BN have been unnecessary, whether accurate or not.

Just wish they'd hold fire until everything is sorted, get as many facts as possible then do a piece.

All this squabbling has been unedifying and totally unhelpful. It's fuelled splits in the fans and created in unhealthy disregard for the local media that might take some time to repair. 

What is shows is that local rag knows very little of what’s going on. And this is simply down to their lack of relationship with the club due to how they’ve portrayed the current ownership.  

As such they’ve found themselves alienated and completely out of the know. But instead of trying to foster some sort of a relationship to add some actual truth to their reporting they’ve decided for some reason to go the other way and just vilify the ownership and drive a bigger wedge  between themselves and the club. Then repeat. 

Journalism is all about sources and accuracy of information. This lot have neither and instead have taken to promoting utter propaganda and to incite the twitter idiots 

9 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Do need to add that the endless stories of doom over the last couple of days in the BN have been unnecessary, whether accurate or not.

Just wish they'd hold fire until everything is sorted, get as many facts as possible then do a piece.

All this squabbling has been unedifying and totally unhelpful. It's fuelled splits in the fans and created in unhealthy disregard for the local media that might take some time to repair. 

See I don't agree. Their job is to report. Had they stayed silent whilst staff were unpaid the training ground locked and DD payments blocked....that wouldn't have made sense and is unrealistic.

And you say "hold fire till everything is sorted"...that isn't what news outlets do. Nor is it what they should do.

The problem is that they speculate based on little information and get caught in every twist and turn of negotiation rather than sometimes seeing the bigger picture above. But asking them not to report "breaking news" is well, not realistic. 

25 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

In one respect, Ken's quite good in the way he writes; however his infantile rants and blaming of others over the months have not helped his cause.

Now the last couple of pieces have shown a little more decorum but toy a little with facts.

Whatever the rights and wrongs are of all this, I can't help feeling he bit off more than he could chew.

The king is dead, long live the king (or Queen).

Pretty much agree with that.

My worry is that we are now all clear that BWFC as it stands is not sustainable in the the Championship without someone pumping large sums of money in and will be even less so in league 1. I can't see why anyone would buy us as the chances of getting to the riches of the Prem anytime soon are remote. Do they see some other other benefit from buying us?

Anyway lets hope that it's sorted soon and a new chapter can begin.

29 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Of course it was neccesary. Hundreds of staff haven't been paid for a week, the police/Heathcotes both released statements saying they were owed substantial money, DD from fans weren't taken, Bolton Council threatened to pull Saturday's game.

There was no firm response from the club as to when any of this would be sorted, with the only word to the media being that Ken was watching the Steel City derby with pals.

That's all... news. What should they have been reporting instead?

Edited by Tombwfc

9 minutes ago, Walkden White said:

Pretty much agree with that.

My worry is that we are now all clear that BWFC as it stands is not sustainable in the the Championship without someone pumping large sums of money in and will be even less so in league 1. I can't see why anyone would buy us as the chances of getting to the riches of the Prem anytime soon are remote. Do they see some other other benefit from buying us?

Anyway lets hope that it's sorted soon and a new chapter can begin.

Fully agree and I’m pretty sure that relates to anlare percentage of clubs outside the prem. Football is fooked

• Site Supporter

For once, the BBC coverage has been about right. 

They seem to have recognised that from the outside looking in, there really isn't much to report.

The wages not being paid - as shitty as that is by Ken - is the only thing that's happened that anyone can be sure of.

The rest is dizzyingly cross-eyed speculation

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Tombwfc said:

Of course it was neccesary. Hundreds of staff haven't been paid for a week, the police/Heathcotes both released statements saying they were owed substantial money, DD from fans weren't taken, Bolton Council threatened to pull Saturday's game.

There was no firm response from the club as to when any of this would be sorted, with the only word to the media being that Ken was watching the Steel City derby with pals.

That's all... news. What should they have been reporting instead?

Reporting news is one thing. Several articles saying the same thing, often with a slant, no thanks.

Repeated letters, comments etc; I'm really glad to see the back of ken, but I'd hoped they would behave in a superior manner and take the moral high ground which they haven't.

The wording within sentences was of a personal nature and whilst incoming owners may well look to improve relations, they may well be conservative with information until they can trust the BN.

They were putting stuff out during talks which wasn't helpful neither.

1 hour ago, Benny The Ball said:

Bolton MPS have sent a joint letter to EFL demanding investigation into club Finances 

Calling for Full Transparency

At this rate we' ll have the  Serious Fraud Office rolling up on monday  

They're about ten years too late :)

9 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

accounts probably look the healthiest they’ve been for a decade at least! 

I’d say that the accounts are a hell of a lot worse than they were a decade ago 

that would seem quite obvious based on our current predicament 

I’ve worked for a guy like Ken and I’ve been in distressed businesses. Given what he bought and the circumstances he bought it he gets my respect. I genuinely hope we can move on to purely footballing concerns now and build our reputation back to where it was and get some pride back in that majestic white shirt