Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The striking seniors

jules_darby

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Big E said:

this is bang on. 

Folk think this is ok some how but dont like Harvey price, Connell etc. they are  all the same and i dont want them part of our new start. too much has gone on. they are tarnished. 

WTF has Dwight Yorke's blind kid got to do with it?

1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

Fact stands. Whether they were injured or not they would be paid in full as football creditors. They are all insured as well. 

They are fucking shithouse cunts and we should all be giving them lifts to get the fuck away from our club 

If they get injured and the club liquidates they join the queue with everyone else for their % of fuck all.

Being paid in full only happens if and when we exit administration, and only then if they refuse alternate payment plans.

Edited by Tombwfc

3 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Why is it ok for kids to play and not the seniors? How can you come close to saying "that's ok". Let the kids ruin their careers....

I wouldn't think they were shithouse cunts who can fuck off out of our club if they refused to play either.

Each to their own. As with any industry, younger members of staff will put up with what their older peers won't.

But, we've had 30+ players strike in the past couple of years. That alone tells you that this goes beyond having pashunnn or being a cunt or whatever.

32 minutes ago, Big E said:

they have tried later on. he did  it before last season finished.

I’m sure if they had all handed in their notice so early on before the season had even finished it would have looked worse 

They handed them in during mid season and were refused 

IF we get liquidated, they get nothing, all this ‘they are secured creditors’ is bollocks unless a deal is done. If the deal is done then they should get paid anything outstanding and that will be the end of it I’m sure 

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

I’m sure if they had all handed in their notice so early on before the season had even finished it would have looked worse 

They handed them in during mid season and were refused 

IF we get liquidated, they get nothing, all this ‘they are secured creditors’ is bollocks unless a deal is done. If the deal is done then they should get paid anything outstanding and that will be the end of it I’m sure 

aye, and when you keep getting told it will be done and sorted soon and you will get paid, then you keep playing, and then still don't get paid, and see other players getting injured, then why the fuck would you play?

especially if you've tried to hand in your notice and the adminstrators have said no (and presumably also said "sit tight lads, be done soon")

I don't blame any of them for not playing miself

soon as the takeover is done, fresh start and clean slate for everyone

4 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Why is it ok for kids to play and not the seniors? How can you come close to saying "that's ok". Let the kids ruin their careers....

The kids don't have to play if they haven’t been paid, I’m sure having not been paid they would be free to walk if someone came in for them 

However, given most youth players will never get a chance to play a full league game it’s massively in their own interest to take this opportunity in order for them to forge a professional career 

3 hours ago, MickyD said:

How can you possibly have an opinion on what you think past Wanderers stars would or wouldn't do? I'm sure you're now writing shit for the sake of writing shit.

Tell you what, if this had been any other league club with which you had no emotional attachment, what would your opinion be? Would you be naming past players and opining that they wouldn't have taken the same stance or would you have shrugged your shoulders and come to the conclusion that they must have valid reasons to take such action?

Are you for real?

I'm not allowed to have an opinion???

Give your head a big fucking shake.

Fwiw, the players I named are winners, they are winners because it is in their nature not to give up and quit when the going gets tough.

These players are leaders of men, they are not followers of others who are weaker of heart or soul.

These players inspire men to follow them, not hide behind children.

These players commanded respect, not contempt.

These players would go over the top and not hide shaking in the trenches and let the kids do the job of a man.

James Weir did on the day, is he a better man than the likes of Hierro, Djorkaeff and Jay-Jay? 

I doubt it (full credit to him though).

So, yes, I do have an opinion, a very strong one in fact, that they would have stood up and been counted when it mattered and been on the pitch helping the kids on that and every other day that they had to.

One of us has definitely written shit but is it the one with the opinion or the one who doesn't believe he should even be allowed to have one???

Just as a reminder for everyone, the number on the right of the players name is their age...

Have a nice day.

Edited by Sluffy
Grammar errors

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Hiding behind kids! That really is a bollocks statement.

Maybe they should have played, maybe they shouldn't; reasons for both sides. In time they might look back and think it was the wrong thing to do, but the idea of them cowering and shirking is ridiculous.

Aye, it's not like they've ducked out and left the kids in the firing line

If the seniors don't want to play, fine, and the kids don't then they don't have to either, I'm glad they did but wouldn't hold it against them or anyone who chooses not to

4 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Fact stands. Whether they were injured or not they would be paid in full as football creditors. They are all insured as well. 

They are fucking shithouse cunts and we should all be giving them lifts to get the fuck away from our club 

If you're referring to wages owed they wouldn't be paid in full, or likely at all, if the club was liquidated.

22 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Aye, it's not like they've ducked out and left the kids in the firing line

If the seniors don't want to play, fine, and the kids don't then they don't have to either, I'm glad they did but wouldn't hold it against them or anyone who chooses not to

That's the point though, in every sense they have ducked out and left the kids directly in the firing line - if the seniors refuse to play there are only the kids left to do so.

If the kids had said no to playing then that would have meant the game called off due to strike action - and whatever sanctions the EFL finally decides to punish us with over the Brentford strike would be meted out again for this one and every other missed game during the strike.

Christ even Iles who normally is 100% behind the players even states "there are right and wrongs on BOTH sides"  in his tweet I posted above.

So even he's not fully convinced they were right not to play.

Edited by Sluffy
Grammar errors

22 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

That's the point though, in every sense they have ducked out and left the kids directly in the firing line - if the seniors refuse to play there are only the kids left to do so.

If the kids had said no to playing then that would have meant the game called off due to strike action - and whatever sanctions the EFL finally decides to punish us with over the Brentford strike would be meted out again for this one and every other missed game during the strike.

Christ even Iles who normally is 100% behind the players even states "there are right and wrongs on BOTH sides"  in his tweet I posted above.

So even he's not fully convinced they were right not to play.

I think your confusing a League 1 football match with a world war 

It’s in the kids interest to play a full league game, great experience for them, something they are all striving for 

They haven’t been sent out of a bunker to face certain death so the older lads can dodge a bullet 

• Site Supporter
32 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

The latest excuse for the shithouses seems to be that their fear of injury stopped them playing.......& yet the kids played.

It's not such a big leap to say that they were hiding behind the kids.

None of us really know the situation. There may be technical differences behind that of the seniors and the youngsters.

Even if they're all in the same boat; how many of the youngsters will still live at home, no mortgage nor family to support?

As stated above, if the same situation applies to the youngsters, they'd be in their rights to fuck it off too.

Equally, the seniors have been playing (not well admittedly) for months unpaid and with false promises. 

Initially, when I heard they weren't playing I was pissed off, but not going to go overboard with it. If Bassini is the cause of it, I'll save my ire for him.

JM was different, he refused when all appeared to be sorted and the others played.

If they really wanted to hide, a half hearted stroll around the pitch for 90 minutes on Saturday would have sufficed.

We'd have lost, fans feeling down, and still non the wiser.

21 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

I think your confusing a League 1 football match with a world war 

It’s in the kids interest to play a full league game, great experience for them, something they are all striving for 

They haven’t been sent out of a bunker to face certain death so the older lads can dodge a bullet 

The average age of a combat soldier in World War two was twenty six.

In Vietnam it was nineteen. 

8 minutes ago, Ani said:

Senior players back in consideration for tomorrow. 

It is very strange. 

We are playing a weakened team so they must be back

Murphy and Oz where awful at Wycombe and the goalie fucked up for the first goal so fuck the so called seniors - want seniors who will stop this nonsense striking so fack this lot off. 

When the take over goes through, and it will eventually, these bastards will get paid. Just wish the new owners could get away with not paying them 

1 hour ago, Sluffy said:

Are you for real?

I'm not allowed to have an opinion???

Give your head a big fucking shake.

Fwiw, the players I named are winners, they are winners because it is in their nature not to give up and quit when the going gets tough.

These players are leaders of men, they are not followers of others who are weaker of heart or soul.

These players inspire men to follow them, not hide behind children.

These players commanded respect, not contempt.

These players would go over the top and not hide shaking in the trenches and let the kids do the job of a man.

James Weir did on the day, is he a better man than the likes of Hierro, Djorkaeff and Jay-Jay? 

I doubt it (full credit to him though).

So, yes, I do have an opinion, a very strong one in fact, that they would have stood up and been counted when it mattered and been on the pitch helping the kids on that and every other day that they had to.

One of us has definitely written shit but is it the one with the opinion or the one who doesn't believe he should even be allowed to have one???

Just as a reminder for everyone, the number on the right of the players name is their age...

Have a nice day.

That is a mad post. Proper Bassini-level, writting a love letter to Chris Custard bonkers.

It's not about bravery or who'd be better in trenches. It's about what your options are. Luca Connell is not a worse bloke than Joe White just because Celtic wanted him.

I brought up the likes of Okocha, Hierro, Djorkaeff because it seemed impossible that anyone could possibly believe that world class footballers who could've easily walked into other clubs would put up with the shit our senior pros have. More fool me.