Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Moderators
7 hours ago, jules_darby said:

I said this months ago and the Peely gang wouldn’t have it 

Now Vallance has admitted it

JSL

what does "purely a policy decision" mean?

I mean, did they just assume post 10pm is when people are at their most drunk and carefree, so we'll see if that works, becausse we need to do something to get this infection rate down?

to be honest, how on earth would you compile evidence to show it was at it's worst post 10pm?  it was certainly never a scientific decision

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

what does "purely a policy decision" mean?

I mean, did they just assume post 10pm is when people are at their most drunk and carefree, so we'll see if that works, becausse we need to do something to get this infection rate down?

to be honest, how on earth would you compile evidence to show it was at it's worst post 10pm?  it was certainly never a scientific decision

Certainly needs more research to try to get some sort of validation; but its not like its unique to us.

Many countries have used similar.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Hospitality was never a major cause for the spread of the virus, it was just that Boris and Co didn't want the rest of the country getting pissed and enjoying themselves whilst a small minority were catching the virus and suffering.

My neighbour and family friend joined the 60,000 plus victims this morning.

Not sure his family would quite share your view at the moment.

The overloaded hospitals seem to have their workload increased when we open up. When they're closed numbers fall.

Whatever the numbers are specifically, the link between mixing and virus levels is self evident. 

10 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

My neighbour and family friend joined the 60,000 plus victims this morning.

Not sure his family would quite share your view at the moment.

The overloaded hospitals seem to have their workload increased when we open up. When they're closed numbers fall.

Whatever the numbers are specifically, the link between mixing and virus levels is self evident. 

My comment was with  tongue bunged firmly in  cheek.

Wifes had the virus (works for the NHS , tested positive in the antibody test)

Daughters had it - caught at school, untested but only had mild symptoms and was isolating at the time.

No doubt i've had it, but haven't had any symptoms - touch wood.

I probably know around 25 personally who've tested positive - one who's died.

• Site Supporter

No lifting of restrictions for New Years eve

Thank fuck for that

Every year I end up getting dragged to some hastily arranged party, full of forced jollity and over priced everything.

They should restrict it every year

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

My comment was with  tongue bunged firmly in  cheek.

Wifes had the virus (works for the NHS , tested positive in the antibody test)

Daughters had it - caught at school, untested but only had mild symptoms and was isolating at the time.

No doubt i've had it, but haven't had any symptoms - touch wood.

I probably know around 25 personally who've tested positive - one who's died.

Fair enough. 

It's truly a shit fest.

Can't even call on the family as they've all got it too.

Jabs can't come quickly enough m

• Site Supporter

School kids can only catch Covid in London and the SE apparently.  I know rates are going down in the NW and increasing there but it still grates.

I am not having that London hasn't been the Governments main focus from day one. I know they are hugely important  economically but a struggling pub owner is a struggling pub owner regardless whether his pub is in London, Leicester, Bolton or Bradford. 

• Site Supporter

When the North was flying high we had a disproportionately large amount of testing capacity stationed up here. Still shit loads about.

Liverpool used to pilot the new mass testing set up.

Now its up and running, why wouldn't you use the new method and its numbers where the incidence is worse?

If these new machines were available in numbers and working earlier, they'd have been used in the North earlier. 

Do we need them now, given the drop in numbers- maybe not. Send the capacity to where its needed.

Theresa Villiers can do one though; pleading for London not to be put into tier 3.

That's dependant upon the state of the virus, like everywhere else.

25 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

Bolton down to 105th.

Kay Burley suspended for 6 months, Beth Rigby 3 months.

Wales through the roof.

That is all.

Nice to see a lot of regions seeing declining new cases.

Trouble is though -Cases in Bury,Rochdale,Manchester, Wigan,Bolton,Oldham etc are still way above the National average.

6 minutes ago, royal white said:

What on Earth happened with wales and their lockdown? 

2 week firebreak. Then relaxed the restrictions. All the evidence was there that 2 weeks was not enough. Played politics with people’s lives, now it’s all the people’s fault.

4 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Nice to see a lot of regions seeing declining new cases.

Trouble is though -Cases in Bury,Rochdale,Manchester, Wigan,Bolton,Oldham etc are still way above the National average.

Averages can be misleading though. When you look at the highest area in England (Swale) is 624/100,000 and Bolton is 164. It puts it into perspective.

17 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

Averages can be misleading though. When you look at the highest area in England (Swale) is 624/100,000 and Bolton is 164. It puts it into perspective.

Comparing those figures to the figures from just a couple of days ago - London,South East and the East of England are rising the fastest.. Everywhere else levelling off or showing only slight movements either way.

3 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Comparing those figures to the figures from just a couple of days ago - London,South East and the East of England are rising the fastest.. Everywhere else levelling off or showing only slight movements either way.

Yep. It’s almost the reverse of 6/7 weeks ago when we were put in tier 3. Interesting week coming up.

• Site Supporter
54 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Those three areas are cycling over the recent weeks. Strange. 

Perhaps areas not dropping, should have their Christmas opening reduced or cancelled altogether...