Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter
54 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

From that article:

"The actions of this man were completely irresponsible, not only was he leaving the house while he should been self-isolating, he also held a house party, which breached further regulations and subsequently put others at risk. 

"We must all continue to play our part in reducing the spread of Covid-19 and our action towards this individual should serve as a stark warning to any others who believe that they can blatantly ignore COVID-19 regulations without consequence."

I see even journalists, who we should expect to know, aren’t playing the “should have / should of game. But to leave it out totally, unforgivable!

I’m pretty sure that the increase in cases in Bolton are not down solely to pubs but they seem to be taking the blame. 
I’ve only gone in 3 pubs in the town centre. Northern Monkey and Great Ale in the Vaults. Both adhered to the regulations and I never felt uncomfortable while I was in there. 
On Saturday, I called into what used to be one of the best pubs in Bolton. The Sweet Green. For some reason, the bar has been stuck in the room to the left that used to be the pool room. About 8 people were stood around the bar drinking. To get to the bar, I would have had to stand among them. I walked out.

Ive no idea how many other pubs in the town operate like this but it’s because of places like this that many good pubs have had to close. It’s also meant the closure of restaurants that, as far as I’m aware, have never had a problem.

When the restrictions are relaxed, regular inspection of these places should be introduced with severe penalties.

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Aye it seems like theyve targetted all the pubs because one had people in it that didnt quarantine after their hols.

Couldve been any pub. 

Making it up as they go along.

Its not just one pub though. OK, its kicked off from one pub, but if others are also taking the piss, then what option is there. Boby's suggestion makes sense, but I don't know how it would be monitored and enforced.

A few twats spoiling it for all. Nowt new.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Nowack said:

How does this tally with Hancock saying too many people are having tests that do not need them and the system is oversubscribed. 

No point wasting your time trying to understand anything this government does. Shambles top to bottom. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

• Site Supporter
25 minutes ago, Nowack said:

How does this tally with Hancock saying too many people are having tests that do not need them and the system is oversubscribed. 

Presumably part of our local measures. More cases here, so need to clamp down quickly.

Maybe smithills also houses councillors. 

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Presumably part of our local measures. More cases here, so need to clamp down quickly.

Did Moon Boy elaborate on his madcap thoughts yesterday that Bolton can't possibly have more cases than anywhere else?

23 minutes ago, Nowack said:

We're high risk so we should be prioritised. 

Karen from the shires who wears her mask driving her own car and feels a mild tickle on her throat asking for a test every two days shouldn't be prioritised. 

It's the right thing to do to understand and control the local outbreaks. 

My worry however is the big song and dance now is rising cases... Not Deaths and hospitalisations, they don't get a mention. 

In wave one we had no testing in the community so cases wasn't reliable. But the big numbers of cases now are giving everyone the fear again. 

If hospitalisations and deaths don't start to climb we need to be opening back up otherwise we are fucking lives over for not a lot. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Nowack said:

Correct. Just looked and you can have a test if you have symptoms or your council ask you. 

A few weeks back I felt a bit snotty, like I might be getting something. Went on the website and checked the procedure. Didnt actually have one of the key indicator symptoms so didn't bother.

Right as rain within a day.

It seems some are playing the system a bit.