Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Takeaways and delivery

globaldiver

A recipe for the best burgers by Wanderer1984 -

1lb butchers welsh minced beef (not supermarket grey shite).

Teaspoon of salt.

1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.

Teaspoon of mustard.

1/2 Teaspoon of Levi Roots reggae rub (contains paprika, red bell pepper, all spice, garlic, tomato powder, basil, cumin, ginger, habanero chilli)

Mix all above in a bowl. Form in to patties 1.5 cm thick, place on a plate.

Sprinkle beef oxo cube on one side of each burger (just enough to cover) and leave for 20 mins.

Griddle brioche bun (prefer sainsburys own) until slightly toasted

Griddle burgers on a high heat for 2 mins each side.

My preferred build is as follows, bottom to top - Bun, mayo, thinly sliced (raw) white onion, sliced tomato, two burgers, sliced gherkin, tomato sauce, bun. 

Best burger you'll eat and easy to make

(I don't do cheese)

On 20/12/2020 at 01:02, embankment said:

New Turkish Grill opening opposite the White Lion. Noticed the sign today. Old pizza perfect emporium.

Hope it’s a goodun.

5 pints of Joeys and a grilled lump of meat in the. Beer Garden next summer!!!

Pasha Turkish grill, been a few times

Chicken Shwarma (wish they had lamb)

Grilled chicken and kofta 

All been good 👍

2 hours ago, wanderer1984 said:

Teaspoon of salt.

Teaspoon of mustard.

1/2 Teaspoon of Levi Roots reggae rub (contains paprika, red bell pepper, all spice, garlic, tomato powder, basil, cumin, ginger, habanero chilli)

Sprinkle beef oxo cube on one side of each burger (just enough to cover) and leave for 20 mins.

My preferred build is as follows, bottom to top - Bun, mayo, thinly sliced (raw) white onion, sliced tomato, two burgers, sliced gherkin, tomato sauce, bun. 

(I don't do cheese)

It's not a burger without cheese you monster

2 hours ago, wanderer1984 said:

Teaspoon of salt.

Teaspoon of mustard.

(I don't do cheese)

I can assure you that after only 2 minutes on each side your burger will not be cooked properly. I don't mind a rare or medium rare steak but mince needs cooking properly

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, dave2980 said:

I can assure you that after only 2 minutes on each side your burger will not be cooked properly. I don't mind a rare or medium rare steak but mince needs cooking properly

Bolton Council shut down Gourmet Burger Kitchen in the vaults for serving undercooked mince burgers.

10 minutes ago, dave2980 said:

Reverse searing is the way to go for both burgers and steaks. Especially steaks. Once tried you will never go back 

5 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Reverse searing is the way to go for both burgers and steaks. Especially steaks. Once tried you will never go back 

I believe so. As part of my newly refurbished house I'm having an oven with a meat probe which is ideal for reverse searing stuff

2 minutes ago, dave2980 said:

I believe so. As part of my newly refurbished house I'm having an oven with a meat probe which is ideal for reverse searing stuff

Very fancy. 

ive just about mastered it on a standard thickness of fillet steak and burgers now. The difference in taste for the steak is bizarre its so extreme. 

1 hour ago, MickyD said:
1 hour ago, dave2980 said:

I make them quite thin tbf... on a really high heat too. I'd say two mins on each side is perfect. Never been ill or had the shits after eating them.

1 hour ago, barryk32 said:

Whenever I order a burger I always ask them to make it medium.  I explain I understand theres no way they are allowed to say yes but a nod and a wink usually does the trick.

It doesn’t seem right asking for my Big Mac medium but I’ll give it a try.

16 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Very fancy. 

ive just about mastered it on a standard thickness of fillet steak and burgers now. The difference in taste for the steak is bizarre its so extreme. 

'I just about mastered' get Gordon fucking Ramsey. 😎😘😉🤣

Just now, Escobarp said:

You stick to your spaghetti hoops on toast leave the big lads to the proper grub 😎😎

good luck tomorrow as well 👍🏼👍🏼

Been moved back a week as their checks not finished, confirmed now though, thanks - quite looking fwad to it. 

Just now, fatty said:

I’d consider myself a steak aficionado but have never reversed seared. Please share your technique. 

Fillet steak. Pat dry and season.  

peel a garlic clove place in a frying pan place your steak on top of the clove 

heat your oven to 115degrees. 
Pan with steak in for 25 mins. that’s for medium/rare 

if you have a griddle pan get it smoking hot for the steak coming out the oven. And place it on the griddle for a minute minute/half a side to get a char on the outside.

leave it to rest 

whilst resting place the frying pan on the job drop a nob of butter in the pan to make a little sauce with the juice from the steak and the garlic clove  

job done 

If you don’t have a griddle use the frying pan you cooked the steak in the oven in.

Just now, Escobarp said:

if you have a griddle pan get it smoking hot for the steak coming out the oven. And place it on the griddle for a minute minute/half a side to get a char on the outside.

leave it to rest 

whilst resting place the frying pan on the job drop a nob of butter in the pan to make a little sauce with the juice from the steak and the garlic clove  

job done 

If you don’t have a griddle use the frying pan you cooked the steak in the oven in.

Alright James Martin

6 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

leave it to rest 

job done 

Thanks !!!!! Looking forward to trying that. 

• Members
15 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

leave it to rest 

job done 

Fillet steak still mooing is one of the finer things in life 👍