Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Stadium tour's

Underpants

What are your experiences? I've not done any, not even our very own (if they still do it) Temple Of White God's tour.  I've just sat through a few on YouTube from a bloke who is comparing one of against another - Liverpool/Everton, Sunderland/Newcastle, City/United etc... as well as clubs from across Europe. What grounds  have the WWs massive done? And how did you find it?

Edited by Underpants

My experience has been varied. I’ve tended to do it on a matchday, as I was there for a game anyway. However, you get much more limited access - some of the behind the scenes areas are shut e.g. changing rooms. So my advice would be to avoid match days.

I’ve done a few “B”s - Bolton, Barca and Boca Juniors.

Did ours as a teenager and really enjoyed it. Was dragged on one around Old Trafford as a kid for someone’s birthday, was interesting just because of the sheer size of it but I will point out I wore a Bolton shirt. Also did both Central Park and JJB Stadium on school trips. Guessing we’d been naughty and it was a punishment. 

I did Ajax too, was the day after they played FC Thun (?!) in Champions League and they still hadn't cleared up yet, there was vomit all over the place in the stands weirdly.

Also on the same trip I had a tour of Allianz in Munich and it blew me away, was like nothing I'd ever seen and I thought imagine what it'd be like to watch a game in here. It was 2005. Little did I know...

Call me daft but I reckon the shit team tours will be better, even if the tour is shit. Give me Real Sombrero over Barcelona any day.

7 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Said I take the lad to Madrid or Barcelona at some point 

Edited by Underpants

1 minute ago, Alf Hartigan said:

Aye,but he was talking the football museum, worth a visit.

Sorry yes the museum is a good call 

2 minutes ago, Underpants said:

Call me daft but I reckon the shit team tours will be better, even if the tour is shit. Give me Real Sombrero over Barcelona any day.

he watches la Liga highlights and taken a fancy asked last year can we go

2 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Sorry yes the museum is a good call 

he watches la Liga highlights and taken a fancy asked last year can we go

Kudos for his mates back at school. I get that, he's your boy, and I would do the same. As an adult I would rather do Shitehawk FC because I know what Barca and RM have done.

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Anyone been to the Football Museum since they started charging? Been a couple of times and enjoyed it, but they’d need to be adding in a raft more stuff for it to be worth a tenner. 

I've only been when it was in Preston.

It was good but I honestly can't remember if I paid or if it was free

Got dragged to the Swamp as a kid along with a fellow Wanderers supporter by a Munchen supporting schoolmate and his dad. I strongly suspect it was some kind of tawdry conversion attempt. The futility of the exercise was exposed in short order, the highlight of the day bring me and the other Wanderers fan sticking our fingers up the nose of the bust of Matt Busby. 

Did Barca about ten years back it was okay. 

Edited by RoadRunnerFan