Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Stand Up If You Love The Darts

L/H White

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Will it be next year you make your appearance at the BDO mate after a few weekends of practice down the local? Quarter finals you reckon?

I can't do this year, as I'm really busy at the minute, and obviously haven't even attempted to qualify

I was looking at next year, but I've seen the winner last year only got £23K, which doesn't seem very much at all. In all honesty, it's having to go to various pubs to win "round the clock" or whatever it is they do, in order to get a qualification ticket that probably puts me off, as it's time consuming, and that might be what in reality, stops me competing

If I don't get to go on holiday this year, then I may well stick a dart board up in the garage and practice 4 hours a day for a fortnight and aim to get to the Quarters in 2022, I'd certainly be upset if I couldn't at least make the last 16, as I'm sure would most on here

1 hour ago, Sweep said:

Now the decent players have had their tournament, when do the absolute dog shit players start theirs, that must be pretty soon. I'd also expect a record amount of entrants this year, as so many people have been on furlough, surely they've had loads who've had more practice time and managed to reach the usual required qualification criteria (a 15 dart or better checkout from 501, at least once in the previous calendar year)

BDO has disolved mate, run by a load of plebs

Some ex pros have launched some other form of it

I dont no to much about it but i'll send you the qualification criteria when i do

good luck mate x

• 10 months later...
9 hours ago, L/H White said:

As for Fallon, fair play to here, she did a proper job on a very good player tonight 

But doesn't it just prove my point that any fucker can get to be one of the top Darts players in the world if they just spend a bit of time practicing. Obviously with her being a woman, that proves the point even more. She's probably got fuck all else to do with her time.

I'll say it again, even starting from scratch, if you can be bothered to spend 3 or 4 hours a day chucking darts at a board for 5 or 6 months, you'll be (unless you're blind or have some other impairment) virtually guaranteed a place in the last 32 of any darts event, anywhere in the world (I'm talking about the tournaments with the better players, is it called the PDC?) .  If you enter that terrible tournament that is for sub standard players who are basically pub players, then you'd be very disappointed not to get to the semi finals or the final in all reality.

2 hours ago, Sweep said:

But doesn't it just prove my point that any fucker can get to be one of the top Darts players in the world if they just spend a bit of time practicing. Obviously with her being a woman, that proves the point even more. She's probably got fuck all else to do with her time.

I'll say it again, even starting from scratch, if you can be bothered to spend 3 or 4 hours a day chucking darts at a board for 5 or 6 months, you'll be (unless you're blind or have some other impairment) virtually guaranteed a place in the last 32 of any darts event, anywhere in the world (I'm talking about the tournaments with the better players, is it called the PDC?) .  If you enter that terrible tournament that is for sub standard players who are basically pub players, then you'd be very disappointed not to get to the semi finals or the final in all reality.

I was thinking about this when the bdo went pop as I know you fancied a run in that this year to the final with an expectation to win it after a couple of nights practice. I’m reality anyone with a functioning arm and eyes could practice at darts for a few nights and reach the latter stages of televised darts tournaments. It’s all a myth.