Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

2021 holidays

bolton_blondie

• Moderators
59 minutes ago, L/H White said:

Anyone been to Belfast 

Aye 

Great place 

First time on a stag do bout 15 years ago, there's a student bar called The Bot, did Smirnoff Ice on tap, pulled an Aussie bird, pissed the bed, tried sneaking out, tried blaming it on her, and she still insisted on another shag, second night found curry house that doubled as a late night drink and drugs den where you had to go in through the kitchens as everywhere shut at midnight

Went with the other half about 5 years ago and went to the Titanic museum

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Zico said:

Aye 

Great place 

First time on a stag do bout 15 years ago, there's a student bar called The Bot, did Smirnoff Ice on tap, pulled an Aussie bird, pissed the bed, tried sneaking out, tried blaming it on her, and she still insisted on another shag, second night found curry house that doubled as a late night drink and drugs den where you had to go in through the kitchens as everywhere shut at midnight

Had this bird spent any time in GERMANY?

9 hours ago, Zico said:

Aye 

Great place 

sounds great

my mate is having his stag doo there next year

Been to Belfast loads of times. Love the place. Duke of York has best Guinness I’ve ever had but not that near anywhere else unless other bars have recently sprouted up

Not that many places in the actual centre and I was told that’s a legacy of the troubles when they had the ring of steel searching folk going into the centre so pubs weren’t popular

Only tips I would give are look carefully at a pub before you go in. If there’s hints of green, orange and white stay clear and avoid Sandy Row. Protestant but English folk not popular there for some reason

21 hours ago, L/H White said:

Anyone been to Belfast 

There’s a top ex-Walkden/LH lad who lives out there. Well worth tapping him up if you can. Might do the airport pick-up and tour of the paramilitary sites around the city if you ask nicely. You may well know him or his brother.

• Members
5 minutes ago, marple whites said:

Looking at Jamaica for next summer - never been to that Caribbean island before.

anyone got any recommendations ?

Negril is beautiful, loads to do, bars, beaches, nightlife

Montego Bay if you’re not bothered by holiday makers.

Ive been to Kingston but I have family there but I wouldn’t recommend it, it’s a bit dicey.

I cannot now fly out to SEA this Sat as planned as my 90 day visa wont arrive in time (my fault for the late application) so I’m bloody stuck here until it arrives.

😂😂

My son now flies out without me on Sat as he only needed the 30 day visa on arrival.

He’s a lucky bastard on two fronts I guess…..

😎

23 hours ago, Smiley said:

Finally managed to break free from fucking Wales for next year!

Fuerteventura in Feb - booked.
Barbados in Mar - booked.
Blanes, Spain with Eurocamp in June/July - contemplating.

Might be able to help with the camping trip 😉

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, captainmed said:

I cannot now fly out to SEA this Sat as planned as my 90 day visa wont arrive in time (my fault for the late application) so I’m bloody stuck here until it arrives.

😂😂

My son now flies out without me on Sat as he only needed the 30 day visa on arrival.

😎

Seattle??

59 minutes ago, captainmed said:

😂😂

😎

You can get a 30 day and then extend when you’re there? Whereabouts are you doing? Thailand ?as I’ve done the extension of a visa in Thailand and it took me an hour and a half and that including the train to the   Visa office and back. Piece of piss. 

Cambodia easy as well 

Edited by Escobarp

11 hours ago, marple whites said:

Been to Barbados a few times without kids and love it, but Jamaica seems to offer better value with kids.

Been Barbados and Antigua loved them both but would give the nod to Barbados . Was listening to the cricket commentary tother day and Agnew said the island he liked most was Grenada did a bit of research and it sounds ace . 

22 hours ago, Escobarp said:

You can get a 30 day and then extend when you’re there? Whereabouts are you doing? Thailand ?as I’ve done the extension of a visa in Thailand and it took me an hour and a half and that including the train to the   Visa office and back. Piece of piss. 

No you can’t…

Currently before you leave the UK you need a “Certificate Of Entry” to enter ThaIland. This changes on 1st Nov to what they describe as a “Thailand Pass”.

To be granted either one of these you need proof of onward travel (ie. leave Thailand) within 30 days or a 60/90 day visa.

Agents can arrange the 60/90 day visa but it takes a couple of weeks and this is where I came unstuck.

All of the above requirements are in addition to numerous other requirements such as insurance, a T8 form and 3 PCR Covid tests!