Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

St Georges Day

embankment

• Members
6 hours ago, Breightmet Boy said:

I've read most folk fly into Cuba, but if your going to do it for history reasons I can't think of a better way than going from Brize Norton, even if it does take twice the time.  Talked to a couple of pals about it last night and they're not up for it mind.

I get it mate but Gib is better from all angles as well you know.

Flick vee's from Port Stanley and Juan Foreigna won't be able to see you like they can from La Linea De La Concepcion ;)

10 hours ago, Breightmet Boy said:

I've read most folk fly into Cuba, but if your going to do it for history reasons I can't think of a better way than going from Brize Norton, even if it does take twice the time.  Talked to a couple of pals about it last night and they're not up for it mind.

Port Stanley piss up sounds about as good as one in Islamabad <paraphrasing Allan Lamb> 

Calabria, Croatia, Cancun, Costa Rica? Shitholes, why visit them when you can yomp around Belmont moors 8000 miles away?

As mentioned before a bloke who supped in my local was in that photo, some bigot once started papping positively on about Tommeh, The EDL etc. to him thinking he'd agree - he didn't, he disagreed with extreme prejudice. I think they were Paras in the photo, not marines.

Anyhow he (the bloke in the photo) said it was a backwards shit tip full of Inbreds.

Another bloke I know went out there to construct stuff, he also said it was a desolate dump and many of the workers resorted to homosexuality and cross-dressing than have dalliances with the locals, he said the locals could've been in The Wicker Man minus Britt Ekland.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

1 hour ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Calabria, Croatia, Cancun, Costa Rica? Shitholes, why visit them when you can yomp around Belmont moors 8000 miles away?

As mentioned before a bloke who supped in my local was in that photo, some bigot once started papping positively on about Tommeh, The EDL etc. to him thinking he'd agree - he didn't, he disagreed with extreme prejudice. I think they were Paras in the photo, not marines.

Anyhow he (the bloke in the photo) said it was a backwards shit tip full of Inbreds.

Another bloke I know went out there to construct stuff, he also said it was a desolate dump and many of the workers resorted to homosexuality and cross-dressing than have dalliances with the locals, he said the locals could've been in The Wicker Man minus Britt Ekland.

it's supposed to still be exactly how you've said.  The RAF are barred from one pub as the locals liked a fight with them.  He said its eerie how its just the same as the videos he's seen from 1982.

1 hour ago, Breightmet Boy said:

it's supposed to still be exactly how you've said.  The RAF are barred from one pub as the locals liked a fight with them.  He said its eerie how its just the same as the videos he's seen from 1982.

Iirc when 'I don't sweat' noncey Andy married Fergie (Sarah, not the DJ, whisky nose or the meth smoking singer of the Black Eyed Peas) honeymooned in The Azores, that looked a desolate shithole too. Anyone going to The Falklands needs their bumps feeling, you're probably only two seconds from being stripped naked, bent over a rock and told "squeal like a pig, boy" as you're anally raped.

1 hour ago, Breightmet Boy said:

Driver of a taxi i got in back from Shrewsbury's ground to the station a few weeks ago had not long since got out of the RAF and had been stationed down there, said virtually the same about the pub.

Also said one of the most prevalent crimes on there is incest. Fuck all else to do, apparently.

• Site Supporter
27 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I must admit, I've seen holiday snaps that look a little bit more appealing 🙂

As Youri correctly pointed out, it isn’t dissimilar to yomping across Belmont Moor. 

8 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Driver of a taxi i got in back from Shrewsbury's ground to the station a few weeks ago had not long since got out of the RAF and had been stationed down there, said virtually the same about the pub.

Also said one of the most prevalent crimes on there is incest. Fuck all else to do, apparently.

Sounds like Great Lever 

53 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Does “never misses a match” apply to watching on your computer? 

I suppose it does for all our lads n lasses in the forces who are passionate about the clubs they support.  We’ve all seen the flags of football clubs during conflicts and I just thought the folk on here would like to see a wanderers flag fluttering over Port Stanley by a fan who never misses a game, be it at the UniBol or on a computer screen.   

5 hours ago, Zico said:

I'd be expecting more sun

I don’t think it gets even warm on the islands, but that won’t bother me, not one for lying about in the sun.  Some folk visit The Polish concentration camps, the northern lights etc, id prefer to see the Falklands.  I’ve been watching plenty of programmes on YouTube about 1982, it’s whetted the appetite.