Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Non-Binary, gender fluid, they/them

Spider

• Members
2 minutes ago, Ani said:

It would be interesting to see how close a match you get with people objecting to women being classed as non binary who also get annoyed when a woman commentates on sport. 

The female commentator is argument is brilliant, people getting outraged at a woman commenting on a sport they were a professional. 
Alex Scott gets shit but I’d have her over a few pundits, she’s won everything, she’s intelligent, clued up, knows the game insightful, But some people seem to l think she’s there to fill a “quota”

The sheer arrogance of it.

6 minutes ago, Rudy said:

The female commentator is argument is brilliant, people getting outraged at a woman commenting on a sport they were a professional. 
Alex Scott gets shit but I’d have her over a few pundits, she’s won everything, she’s intelligent, clued up, knows the game insightful, But some people seem to l think she’s there to fill a “quota”

She clearly is all the things you suggest and I’ve no issue with her . However there is a clear reason why she got the opportunity in the first place isn’t there?
But it was the right decision but for the wrong reasons 

Edited by Escobarp

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Not sure I've ever seen or heard anyone criticise Scott- she's brilliant. No doubt a few twitter nobs.

A couple on the radio (can't remember names) are terrible.

Also a chap doing motd is atrocious- screeches with an "errrrrr" added to each word at the end of the sentence when a moment of excitement occurs.

"Kane..errrrrrrr".

Twat.

3 minutes ago, Rudy said:

The question we need to be asking is why people think she's got the top job just to fill quotas. Is it because everybody keeps talking about it/suggesting it to the point where the lie becomes the truth or is it just sexism? 

For me it should be the best person for the job. I don't care who.

• Members
Just now, Escobarp said:

She clearly is all the things you suggest and I’ve no issue with her . However there is a clear reason why she got the opportunity in the first place isn’t there?
map it was the right decision but for the wrong reasons 

The cynic in me would agree but these days they are professionals so if they want expert insight who have played at the highest level, then I’d say she got it purely on merit

If there wasn’t a professional women’s game at a high level then I’d be inclined to agree 

• Members
4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not sure I've ever seen or heard anyone criticise Scott- she's brilliant. No doubt a few twitter nobs.

Also a chap doing motd is atrocious- screeches with an "errrrrr" added to each word at the end of the sentence when a moment of excitement occurs.

"Kane..errrrrrrr".

Twat.

Ask @Mr Grey thoughts on it 

4 minutes ago, Rudy said:

The cynic in me would agree but these days they are professionals so if they want expert insight who have played at the highest level, then I’d say she got it purely on merit

If there wasn’t a professional women’s game at a high level then I’d be inclined to agree 

Did you watch any of the six nations out of interest? 🙄🙄🙄 

been as well getting two water Buffalo to do studio analysis on one of the games. I genuinely thought the experts had got stuck in traffic and they had nipped to the local kfc and grabbed two munters to fill the slots. 

Edited by Escobarp

• Site Supporter

I'm yet to see a definitive answer regarding toilet arrangements.

So I'm still envisaging a bar full of non-specific humans all going to the toilet and it's like a PT Barnum show.

The mental & personal aspect of all this is of no interest, live and let live. But I'm very curious about the end results of the physical side.

If any wokerists want to take me up on it, don't, I'm not going to get involved.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Escobarp said:

I think an anti woke bar would go down a storm. Where folk can just say what they want without some fucking numpty tutting in faux outrage 

2 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

I was in the pub yesterday. Said everything I wanted to.

The WOKE! mustn't have been in the area.

😆

Maybe you're getting confused between saying what you want and saying something to deliberately offend. 

I’d like to listen to people who have played at the top, if they’re shit at giving their opinion then someone else with a similar background should take their place. 

If I had a interest in women’s football I’d rather listen to a woman who’s played at the top. This goes with any sport. 

Edited by royal white

• Site Supporter
59 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

The bottom line is, when Scott was in the Studio alongside Souness, she was way out of her depth, she couldn't grasp that someone disagreed with her. 

She is better than most, I give you that, but the rest are fucking clueless and awful.

...and by the way so are Clinton Morrison, Dowie and boring Glen Johnson, although for some reason Mark Wright does a great job as  guest pundit on Sky Sports, very confident young man.

The only thing I thought was odd about her with Souness was the phrase "low block" which I'd not heard before- he looked bemused and was more used to teams playing deep.

Anyway, you've got a good reason for a half time wank before they start the second half.

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

"Kane..errrrrrrr".

Twat.

Bit like Jonathan Pearce?

40 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

The only thing I thought was odd about her with Souness was the phrase "low block" which I'd not heard before- he looked bemused and was more used to teams playing deep.

Anyway, you've got a good reason for a half time wank before they start the second half.

Been used quite a bit I think over the last few years - the low-block, Standard and High-Block. I came across it in Inverting the Pyramid, but it does seem to be coming more into reporting nowadays rather than playing deep - certainly in reference to the low-block against the high-press. As far as I can understand it its specifically 4-5-1 as opposed to 4-4-2 just sitting deep.

I might be completely wrong though, but that's how I understood it!

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Been used quite a bit I think over the last few years - the low-block, Standard and High-Block. I came across it in Inverting the Pyramid, but it does seem to be coming more into reporting nowadays rather than playing deep - certainly in reference to the low-block against the high-press. As far as I can understand it its specifically 4-5-1 as opposed to 4-4-2 just sitting deep.

I might be completely wrong though, but that's how I understood it!

It probably is a few years since she came out with it in front of Souness.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

She just doesn't do it for me, women talking about football is pretty cringe as well.

This post was sponsored by “Emmeline Pankhurst’s Hoof Oil Removal Soap”