Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Non-Binary, gender fluid, they/them

Spider

• Members
8 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

Can't even begin to understand the torment of someone who doesn't feel they were born in the right body. 

Does pan sexual mean they just like their food?

I can’t even begin to get my head around that

what does that even mean, weren’t born in the right body

7 hours ago, Spider said:

Each to their own, but I haven't a fucking clue what this means they do when they need a piss in a restaurant:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-57169541

I'm all for people choosing their own path, but I'm just interested in the toilet situation because, well, funny.

I reckon I'm a level headed bloke. But no matter how much I try I can not get my head around this non binary stuff. Maybe it's because I'm getting older, I don't know. These umbrella gender identities seem to be a modern invention. How many more times can you split this atom?

• Site Supporter

As I say, each to their own.

If you want to say you identify as a Hewlett Packard inkjet printer or a magpie, fair fucks to you.

But expect some confusion from the vast majority of folk who are managing with the hand they were dealt.

For me, it all circles back to the toilet situation. I will admit it’s a weak spot.

One of Mrs boogs mates had a daughter that is now a son. Was confused as fuck in teenage years and not easy to see for him or his mum. If you want/need to swap then fair enough I think but I can't get my head round this non binary stuff. Your one or t'other, cock or growler, cant change biological science, makes no sense to me. 

25 minutes ago, Ani said:

So male  = he, female = she, other/undefined = it. 

they is plural . 

so if you are non binary surely you become 'it' 

They, like you, can be both plural and singular but the first statement is definitely true

• Members
9 hours ago, Spider said:

As I say, each to their own.

If you want to say you identify as a Hewlett Packard inkjet printer or a magpie, fair fucks to you.

But expect some confusion from the vast majority of folk who are managing with the hand they were dealt.

For me, it all circles back to the toilet situation. I will admit it’s a weak spot.

It’s always sunny in Philadelphia do a brilliant episode in the confusion of the modern day toilet. 
So they just settle for Animal shithouse 

• Site Supporter

Is it an age thing?  Am I turning into one of those old inappropriate types as I just cant do it.  In all my 41 years they/them is and always has been plural.

What else do you say purely out of habit?

I find 'Half Caste' slips out occasionally.  Not out of anything malicious its just that for a vast majority of my life that was the acceptable term.

• Members
36 minutes ago, barryk32 said:

Is it an age thing?  Am I turning into one of those old inappropriate types as I just cant do it.  In all my 41 years they/them is and always has been plural.

What else do you say purely out of habit?

I find 'Half Caste' slips out occasionally.  Not out of anything malicious its just that for a vast majority of my life that was the acceptable term.

Yeah I think so, my grandma still says half caste and she’s full caste 

• Site Supporter

It seems to have become the norm and fashionable to be upset about things. Often these things are subjective so the person getting fashionably upset has every right to see things from an alternative viewpoint and no amount of reasoning would sway their view.

Gender doesn’t have any room for subjectiveness. You can only be one or the other at birth. Due to advances in modern medicine, however, folk have been allowed to choose to change from one gender to another. Suddenly, this inserts a bit of subjectivity into the ‘one or the other’ argument. With this subjectivity comes someone’s fashionable right to be upset about an assumption. 

People seem to be conflating gender with biological sex

But ultimately, if it makes them feel a bit better in themselves, then each to their own

I don't agree with self-ID though, I think that's a slippery slope. Safeguarding nightmare.

Edited by jmjhb

11 hours ago, Traf said:

I identify myself as a cunt.

We all knew that, but are you a cis-cunt or a trans-cunt?

There's a minefield of terms and antagonism e.g. with feminists, see -

TERF - Wikipedia

Plus "cotton ceiling" which is used to complain about the fact that blokes who become  women and then want a lesbian relationship get knocked back.

12 minutes ago, SatanGreavsie said:

We all knew that, but are you a cis-cunt or a trans-cunt?

There's a minefield of terms and antagonism e.g. with feminists, see -

TERF - Wikipedia

Plus "cotton ceiling" which is used to complain about the fact that blokes who become  women and then want a lesbian relationship get knocked back.

Being in my sixties I just cant get my head around all this shit - I am sure its mostly because people now think its trendy in majority of cases

13 hours ago, only1swanny said:

Can't even begin to understand the torment of someone who doesn't feel they were born in the right body. 

same here, hence it's generally best not to pass comment on it.

I've mentioned on here before, a bloke know has a son who identifies as a girl (I think it's what way round)-I don't even begin to understand what's going on. I've not seen this bloke since the pubs have been shut, but last time i saw him, I know he was having a tough time as his son/daughter was cutting herself and talking about how he/she wanted to die, which must be awful.

Still, I'm sure some would be happy if he/she did top herself as it'd be one less "attention seeking freak" out in society 🙂

8 minutes ago, Sweep said:

same here, hence it's generally best not to pass comment on it.

I've mentioned on here before, a bloke know has a son who identifies as a girl (I think it's what way round)-I don't even begin to understand what's going on. I've not seen this bloke since the pubs have been shut, but last time i saw him, I know he was having a tough time as his son/daughter was cutting herself and talking about how he/she wanted to die, which must be awful.

Still, I'm sure some would be happy if he/she did top herself as it'd be one less "attention seeking freak" out in society 🙂

I think though there is a world of difference between someone born in the wrong body then someone who chooses not be identified as male/female.