Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Black man's pinch

wanderer1984

1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

No and you would need to ask a person of colour. As I don’t know how a middle aged white Person can find it offensive? 

I think you can

• Site Supporter
34 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Never heard of it before.

Fucking stupid thing to say.  I can only assume the TA is someone in their 50s or older.  Probably refers to a colour of brown as "n*gger brown" and thinks there's nothing wrong with saying that.

Probably not even racist either, just uneducated.

Could be perfectly well educated too. Nigger brown I'll give you, but a simple reference to the colour of a bit of skin is a nothingness. 

Like I said, is Jap's eye offensive?

You use the word gammon- would that warrant a three page complaint?

• Members
24 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Blood blister?

Never heard of the saying, but can see why it might be so called.

What are we calling jap's eye nowadays?

Gabrielle

19 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

You can't say biddy these days. It's senile old cunts 👍

Indeed call em what you want, they can't hear

• Site Supporter

How did this phrase even come about?

You get a blood blister (which is what I have always called them) so they are called black man's pinch by some; as in a black man has pinched your skin and left a black mark?

Does sound very 60's/70's to me as in nearly 43 years of life I have never heard anyone say or mention the phrase before.

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

Is it fuck

if you pinched your skin and it was a white mark, and you called it white mans pinch no one would bat an eyelid

Fuckin nonsense

It must be, a middle aged white bloke has just said it is further up the thread.   What would you know anyway?

• Members
8 minutes ago, royal white said:

It must be, a middle aged white bloke has just said it is further up the thread.   What would you know anyway?

Well there you go. I’ll inform the panthers that they have a new leader 

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

How did this phrase even come about?

You get a blood blister (which is what I have always called them) so they are called black man's pinch by some; as in a black man has pinched your skin and left a black mark?

Does sound very 60's/70's to me as in nearly 43 years of life I have never heard anyone say or mention the phrase before.

I saw it as the pinch goes the colour of a black man's skin (approximately), not that a black man has done it.

Need to ask the TA for confirmation. 

• Members

If you’re getting offended by this you need to accept you’re an over sensitive temperamental fucker who needs to toughen up and realise that there’s more pressing issues going on and this is absolutely nothing. 

Sick of this sensitive fuckin world 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, wanderer1984 said:

Phrase. Would you like to know what time the incident took place?

Not particularly unless it’s relevant. I’d say each of the points I’ve asked were down to you telling half a tale.

14 minutes ago, Rudy said:

If you’re getting offended by this you need to accept you’re an over sensitive temperamental fucker who needs to toughen up and realise that there’s more pressing issues going on and this is absolutely nothing. 

It’s the Usual suspects. Attentions seeking cranks 

23 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Nailed it 👍

19 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Not particularly unless it’s relevant. I’d say each of the points I’ve asked were down to you telling half a tale.

Not really 😕 Just prior to the incident the kid ate bubble salmon, thick cut chips and peas. Jam roly poly for pudding, washed down with welsh tap water. All served by Mandy the dinner lady.

Now you have the full story 🙂

• Site Supporter

What a load of old bollocks.

If the TA had smashed the mother across the face with a brass Golliwog and made her shine his shoes, I’d be building the wicker man myself.

As it is, everyone involved needs to just shake their heads and move on.