Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Covid-19

Spider

1 hour ago, little whitt said:

They have a use By Date on them 

They do, I've just been and looked, all mine seem to be either 31st December 2023, or 31st January 2024  - hopefully a new strain of COVID will rip through the nation nice and early this winter, otherwise these will just end up in landfill, totally wasted. 

11 minutes ago, Sweep said:

They do, I've just been and looked, all mine seem to be either 31st December 2023, or 31st January 2024  - hopefully a new strain of COVID will rip through the nation nice and early this winter, otherwise these will just end up in landfill, totally wasted. 

Just put a bid into the govt saying you'll sell them and ask for £100m to knock them out of your car boot 

Michelle Morne did similar 

38 minutes ago, Sweep said:

i only Know cause my mum had 3 boxes 

and  i give a box to someone other week 

and was out of Date  they said 

• Site Supporter

Last workplace had a room full of them, tests, gloves, masks, sanitiser..

Issue was that everyone was screaming out for them and people got what they could as soon as they could..

Dammed if they did and dammed if they didn't. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

• Site Supporter

Spoke to a former colleague yesterday. He recently did 5 days in ICU with Covid. He was in a 6-bed ward on oxygen and ended up with scar tissue on his lungs. The guy in the next bed was in a similar predicament but deteriorated and ended up on life support doing his breathing for him. He died.

As far as my mate (and the doctors treating them both) was he (my mate) was up to date with him jabs, the other chap had opted out.

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

Spoke to a former colleague yesterday. He recently did 5 days in ICU with Covid. He was in a 6-bed ward on oxygen and ended up with scar tissue on his lungs. The guy in the next bed was in a similar predicament but deteriorated and ended up on life support doing his breathing for him. He died.

As far as my mate (and the doctors treating them both) was he (my mate) was up to date with him jabs, the other chap had opted out.

Grim. It's certainly still kicking about, we've had a few people at work off with it over the last couple of months. Thankfully, most seem to suffer with nothing much worse than Flu like symptoms. 

8 hours ago, Sweep said:

Grim. It's certainly still kicking about, we've had a few people at work off with it over the last couple of months. Thankfully, most seem to suffer with nothing much worse than Flu like symptoms. 

Aye. Lass here had had it before, fully vacced, but got absolutely clobbered with it earlier in the month. Two weeks out, lost sense of smell etc. Order of magnitude worse than the first time she had it and only one notch below the "seeking serious help" phase. So the fucker ain't gone away. To be fair, others here had it the same time and they were much milder than the other times they were positive, so maybe she was unlucky. But it shows summat...certainly just don't assume having it mild previously and a jab or two means you'll get no grief this time round.

• Site Supporter
31 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

First day back in a proper office since March 2021 (was it? Can't remember when all this kicked off)

It's like going back to school.

2020. First case was identified in December 2019, hence "Covid-19".

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, gonzo said:

How mad was it though.

Blows my mind and feels like decades ago.

What the fuck happened :D

Everyone got paid a full wage to drink at home for 6 months.

They should do it every 5 years.

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

I get the flu jab every year as I have asthma, not sure if I qualify for the Covid one. Not too arsed if I am honest, seems a lot milder now, the first strain had me on my arse for a week though.

I found it took a touch longer to get over it the second time I had it. Whether that was related to the time elapsed since the jab I don't know.

I would add rhat I was a touch surprised that epileptic folk are classed as more vulnerable. 

However, after the latest seizure I now understand why- infections can apparently trigger then, and I'd rather not go there if I don't have to.

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket