Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Gigs

L/H White

On the coach back to Manchester from Glastonbury now. 4/5 days were fucking brilliant, yesterday was a write off with THE worst hangover I've ever had. Reckon I might try to do it sober next year. Rather not have a drink than lose most of a full day. Immediate highlights were Kae Tempest, Big Thief, Phoebe Bridgers, Mik Artistik and John Hegley.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, tshape said:

On the coach back to Manchester from Glastonbury now. 4/5 days were fucking brilliant, yesterday was a write off with THE worst hangover I've ever had. Reckon I might try to do it sober next year. Rather not have a drink than lose most of a full day. Immediate highlights were Kae Tempest, Big Thief, Phoebe Bridgers, Mik Artistik and John Hegley.

How was Diana Ross live? I’m hoping it was perhaps the technical stuff between there and my house making it sound as though she was singing flat relative to band and backing singers.

1 minute ago, MickyD said:

How was Diana Ross live? I’m hoping it was perhaps the technical stuff between there and my house making it sound as though she was singing flat relative to band and backing singers.

I didn't see her. Only watched Noel Gallagher and Paul McCartney at The Pyramid all weekend. 

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, tshape said:

Also hearing Keith Allen tell the crowd in the Astrolabe that he fucked Judi Dench up the arse.

I did some basic maths over the weekend and calculated that the festival has to cope with 1.2million turds. However, that’s based on each visit being a single log and the chances of that are zero so I suppose you’d have to make assumptions on weight as well.

So I went back to the drawing board and calculated that each visit would produce an average weight of 225 grams.

Therefore we are looking at around 300 tons of human dirt.

If you then consider that one of my 225gram visits can produce a stench that can be detected 2 rooms away, you have to assume that the stench of over a million is exponentially worse.

I also discovered they use a “long drop” toilet system which isn’t very good at masking an odour.

in conclusion - and without even daring to go down the urine route - I still can’t see me ever setting foot in this festival.

1 minute ago, Spider said:

I did some basic maths over the weekend and calculated that the festival has to cope with 1.2million turds. However, that’s based on each visit being a single log and the chances of that are zero so I suppose you’d have to make assumptions on weight as well.

So I went back to the drawing board and calculated that each visit would produce an average weight of 225 grams.

Therefore we are looking at around 300 tons of human dirt.

If you then consider that one of my 225gram visits can produce a stench that can be detected 2 rooms away, you have to assume that the stench of over a million is exponentially worse.

I also discovered they use a “long drop” toilet system which isn’t very good at masking an odour.

in conclusion - and without even daring to go down the urine route - I still can’t see me ever setting foot in this festival.

The compost toilets on the camp sites aren't too bad to be honest. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, tshape said:

The compost toilets on the camp sites aren't too bad to be honest. 

I'm hearing you, honestly

But deep down I just don't know if I could sleep and eat in such close proximity to people with bowels like, well, me.

1 minute ago, Spider said:

To get an idea of what 300 tons of people dirt would look like, imagine 300 sacks of topsoil at a local builders merchant.

But it’s just poo. A pile of festival poo.

A fair old pile. I certainly didn't contribute yesterday. I couldn't fucking move nevermind crawl out of the tent to perform movement 

• Site Supporter
Just now, tshape said:

A fair old pile. I certainly didn't contribute yesterday. I couldn't fucking move nevermind crawl out of the tent to perform movement 

That sounds horrendous 😂

You did well to find your own tent from the sounds of things

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Spider said:

To get an idea of what 300 tons of people dirt would look like, imagine 300 sacks of topsoil at a local builders merchant.

But it’s just poo. A pile of festival poo.

Shitting is definitely the worst part of any multi-day music festival. The rest of it is fucking ace. I'd shit in my own hands for a week if I could go back in time to 2003 and experience Radiohead at Glastonbury again.

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, tshape said:

Did you see Warmduscher by the way? Watched their set and it was sparkling

6 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Shitting is definitely the worst part of any multi-day music festival. The rest of it is fucking ace. I'd shit in my own hands for a week if I could go back in time to 2003 and experience Radiohead at Glastonbury again.

Radiohead and glasto no thanks but Leeds 03 was belting.

Reading-2003.thumb.jpg.eacba00f6f5a5e6bb34f974b9910c932.jpg

11 minutes ago, Spider said:

Did you see Warmduscher by the way? Watched their set and it was sparkling

Unfortunately not. Saw them a few years ago at White Hotel in Salford and wouldn't have minded seeing them again but didn't make it 

vfest_940x1154.jpg

V-Festival - 2012. For those into the Madchester scene - it had the lot. Imagine everyone’s delight when Dappy cancelled last minute and got replaced by…. The Charlatans!

Dodgy & The Stranglers clashed so caught a bit of each. The Human League were on another level.

Compost toliets are fine - wouldn't go near the chemical ones.

Although I'd never do download without going VIP.

I'd say this year's line up was great. I'd have gone to see Big Thief as well, but I wasn't that impressed with their set - its one of the joys of them though, always different.

I thought Self Esteem was the best I saw on TV - the John Peel tent seemed to have the best line up.