Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

England games

deane koontz

With the quality England have had over the years then it’s unbelievable that they haven’t managed to win anything.

GS has done better than most I accept that but they always fall short. 

This is the best team for years though and surely surely will win something soon.

The midfield is outstanding. 

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, deeane Koontz said:

I was joking, obviously  didn't mean as in it's match fixing literally, but it is a way to keep  "big teams" in. It fucking pongs as a system to me. 

That would also mean a new draw each round.

Giving fans and the authorities little time to arrange transport, accommodation, policing and which grounds should be used.

Cannot plan a tournament with tens of thousands of fans in attendance on such an ad hoc basis.

17 minutes ago, deeane Koontz said:

Are we winning it?

if we and France win our groups we are the same half, so a potential semi final, could possibly be a Spain/Portugal in final, but way to early, need our best players to stay fit and we are rightly faves with France.

Possible Scotland/Germany quarter final.

1 hour ago, L/H White said:

Got us to a final and semi final TBF, last manger to do that was?

Aye

Plus the win against Germany and other good sides on both those tournament runs. 

Felt we were unlucky against France. Italy was the one I thought we bottled it against after going 1 up early. I'd like to see GS be a bit more relentless when we're winning. 

No reason we can't push well into this tournament if the likes of Bellingham and Kane are still fit and in form.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

That would also mean a new draw each round.

Giving fans and the authorities little time to arrange transport, accommodation, policing and which grounds should be used.

Cannot plan a tournament with tens of thousands of fans in attendance on such an ad hoc basis.

Apart from group games, thats exactly what happens now

No reason why the whole thing cant be mapped out before it starts

• Members
8 hours ago, captainmed said:

With the quality England have had over the years then it’s unbelievable that they haven’t managed to win anything.

GS has done better than most I accept that but they always fall short. 

This is the best team for years though and surely surely will win something soon.

The midfield is outstanding. 

Now come on. We have won the virtue signalling award at the last few tournaments.

Southgate out.

• Members
8 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Gelsenkirchen, Frankfurt, Koln for England's group games. Think 2 of them were part of our 06 group weren't they? And Portugal knocked us out in Gelsenkirchen

Perfect. There's a cracking hotel just outside Frankfurt (in Maintal) with a 5 minute gentle stroll to the train station. Hotel Doorm (doom as we called it but it was very good from a facilities, bar and food perspective).

http://bestwestern.worldexecutive.com/locations/germany/maintal-dornigheim/4105.html

Reasonably priced and centrally located. We got all over Germany from there using that DB travel card deal they were flogging - can easily get anywhere from Frankfurt Hauptbanhof. If I was going I'd be using this place again.

I'll be watching in front of a big screen (possibly in San Pedro de Alcantara) with a pint of Estrella Galicia in my hand.