Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Remembrance Day

Spider

2 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

I like the socks.

Ah, but do you like them to the tune of £24, though?

I've paid £9ish for 100% wool ones.

They're excellent, warm in winter and cool in summer - never pong and outlast cotton by some margin.

You move in rarified circles, how would poshos regard someone sporting the outfit I linked, someone who wasn't a drill artist apt to 'shank' anyone who laughed at them?

To me clobber like that smacks of deep down insecurity.

Stuff like Belstaff, however, is just quality.

Although the quality has dipped and the brand has been abused aka 'Burberry-ed' in the past decade.

I've always tried to apply - 'would I look/feel a twat ten years ago or ten years from now?' and 'do I look like a walking advert?' as considerations when buying clobber...

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

They're excellent, warm in winter and cool in summer - never pong and outlast cotton by some margin.

You move in rarified circles, how would poshos regard someone sporting the outfit I linked, someone who wasn't a drill artist apt to 'shank' anyone who laughed at them?

Stuff like Belstaff is just quality.

Although the quality has dipped and the brand has been abused aka 'Burberry-ed' in the past decade.

I've always tried to apply - 'would I look/feel a twat ten years ago or ten years from now?' and 'do I look like a walking advert?' as considerations when buying clobber...

Don’t forget to include “I want to look like I’m up for a scrap but not up for it enough that I’ll throw a punch, rather I’ll just dance on my tiptoes until the police come to hold me back” as part of your clothing mandate.

Who wants actual bloodstains on a £500 salmon pink blouson?

11 minutes ago, Spider said:

Don’t forget to include “I want to look like I’m up for a scrap but not up for it enough that I’ll throw a punch, rather I’ll just dance on my tiptoes until the police come to hold me back” as part of your clothing mandate.

And 'what can I wear to sausage-fest gigs by dreary guitar bands dressed just like me that are cocaine/benzocaine mix-fuelled piss-pint drenched celebrations of laddishness when all the real fanny-magnets are down the road dancing with women/girls to repetitive beats'?

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, mickbrown said:

I still don't know what you're talking about but wear what you want fellas. Spend what you want.

Who am I to talk about value for money?

Get this, I regularly spend £400 for a season ticket for a third division football team. Dick.

You can get a shoe for that! 😃

Anything is only worth what folk will pay for it. 

Price doesn't always equate to quality nor value for money, but that doesn't matter if you want something. 

• Members
34 minutes ago, Spider said:

Ay up £18 a can is here 

7 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Apart from Esco, who the fuck wears terrace clobber in their 40's or 50's?

I don’t see it as that personally. I’ve worn it before it took off so I just see it as nice clobber. Although it does piss me off some of the clowns that wear it and reasons why tbh 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I don’t see it as that personally. I’ve worn it before it took off so I just see it as nice clobber. Although it does piss me off some of the clowns that wear it and reasons why tbh 

Fair enough.

I have always wanted a properly tailored suit but never had the money for one, or did but something else took priority. 

4 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Stuff like Belstaff, however, is just quality.

I got a load of posh socks off my sister, who in turn got them off a bloke down the pub. 25 quid for 14 pairs. Went online would have cost me a fortune normally. Although, I love them, they are very mad colours and designs. Not for everyone.

I'm not sure I move in rarified circles, but the really rich people I do work with generally wear a decent jeans and black t-shirts with a suit jacket.

On press nights they wear a tailored suit.

Most of them.are pretty 'scruffy' in that you know the jumper they are wearing costs more than everything you have on but it's that old there's holes in the elbows!

Can't say I've ever 'seen' a label. One bloke I know gets his shoes flown over from Florence (they look shit btw)

Proper posh don't give a flying, you just know it costs a lot. Being ostentatious with clothes I believe is vulgar* It's lifestyle, houses and charitable giving that count.

Edit *in those circles.

Edited by Not in Crawley

7 minutes ago, dave2980 said:

I've had stuff made in India before but it isn't a patch on my tailored suit bought in the uk

If I had money to burn a proper tailor in uk would be where I would get them made as quality would be Second to non. But even more so now I wear a suit only twice a week max and the. spend a chunk of that wearing it sat in my car so couldn’t justify it.