Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sheff Weds (H)

Burndens Bogs

1 hour ago, Ani said:

And Fossey. Agree 100% with your sentiment here. 

IMO our best 11

traf, Fossey, Jones , Santos , George j, Declan J

Lee Morley Williams (or Dempsey)

Dapo Celine 

you have 5 out of 12 missing. 

You're right. But the key to being a top two side is that when you have players missing you still having the squad to outclass the rest of the division. Squad depth and quality in all positions certainly plays a big part in sorting out automatic promotion contenders from play off contenders. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Exactly this. Described here as 'powder puff' and a poor player needing changing only this week.

You didn't take my "powder puff" comment as a serious post did you :D

I've done nowt but praise him since he's been here, he's been class for the most part. If you like to pull up the post where I or anybody called him a "idle talentless wanker" like you claim I'd like to see?

We definitely need to cover and he needs competition in that position mind

Edited by deane koontz

6 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

One of their centre halves (Hutchinson) had a cracking game. Lots of sly pushes in the back when the balls in the air type of thing - solid, pro’s performance. Out of contract in summer by the looks of things, 32 years old but I’d try and get him or that type

Yes I could understand why their fans were singing his name a few times, the epitome of what loads on here are saying we lack at the back, that strength, experience and nous.  Seems inconceivable that he wouldn't get another contract with them, whichever division they are in.    

5 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Form from February has them on 30 points us on 29 points, football wise I think we’re the better team, results wise nothing in it, in my opinion they aren’t better than us. 

Just my take on it, hopefully you're right and we don't need to improve to be where they are next season.

Last 10 games has us on 16 points and them on 21, which reflects that they've improved and we have stagnated a bit, not helped by injuries (and they haven't played as many top 10 teams as we have). Just looking at yesterday, they looked strong and organised and as many on here have said repeatedly we have too often looked weak at the back especially away from home.  For me that's where we need to improve mainly.

• Site Supporter
Just now, jeep said:

Nowhere near pal.....

14 points!

Ah well.

Wasn't sure how many draws were in that as opposed to wins.

Shows that despite us keeping going, an area to improve is to get ahead. Perhaps take games to the opposition a bit more early doors and make life a bit easier for ourselves.

We've been behind in so many games this season. 

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Ah well.

Wasn't sure how many draws were in that as opposed to wins.

Shows that despite us keeping going, an area to improve is to get ahead. Perhaps take games to the opposition a bit more early doors and make life a bit easier for ourselves.

We've been behind in so many games this season. 

Without cheating how many games have we been behind in this season?

1 hour ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Without cheating how many games have we been behind in this season?

Sorry, I cheated.  But incredible numbers.  28. Exactly double the number of times we've not conceded first, for a top half team that's amazing.

Conceded first in 17 out of 21 aways.  We won all the other 4 without conceding.  But even in those we didn't take the lead until late/very late, at Lincoln, Shrewsbury and Crewe.  Gillingham the only game we've been 1-0 up away in the first half. 

At home we've gone behind in 11 out of 21.  Won 9 out of the other 10, only held to a draw by Burton (thanks to the ref).

3 major players out. Nothing really to play for. An opponent with plenty to play for. For me that performance was one of our best.

Outside the hotel was interesting after the game. One SW fan, old enough to know better, was on the floor getting cuffed by Hart's personal militia. Another SW fan came up to me wanting to "discuss" the events outside. Eventually he got dragged away by his mate. Anyone else other than me would probably have obliged him with what he actually wanted.

It's brilliant putting a stick in the spokes of other teams who need points.

• Site Supporter

Probably spoiling it for Matty2094 on the From the Other Side thread but as it’s a 30 pager, he’ll be taking a bit of time to dissect it all into bite-sized lumps. 

They score on Page 17 we score on page 23 

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/309784-bolton-wednesday-omdt/#comments

One or two thought the ref was best they’d seen this season.