Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

KFC

leigh white

4 minutes ago, leigh white said:

Not many good places to get any food on the road really.

There is just not easy to find unless you’ve time to research. Just always stay away from the likes of KFC and whatever you eat you won’t get worse anyway

its the pinnacle of scutter food. Feral kids and big fat cunts stuffing their faces with tasteless greasy shite. 

It used to be great, now it just tastes boring and crap the independent chicken places do better tasting food.

The gravy used to be brilliant too. We used to scrape the dripping from the bottom of the hot cupboard where all the racks of chicken were stored to add to the mix when I worked at the Middlebrook one and it tasted great, now it's just all generic powdery rubbish. The pepper mayo from the Twisters is a big miss too, glorious stuff.

A staff meal favourite: fillet/zinger tower without the bun, tightly wrapped in a twister tortilla and dunked in the deep fat fryer, Fillet Tower pasty. 💥

Very kind poster off here pointed me in the right direction of where to buy massive tubs of proper chippy gravy powder and Chinese chippy curry paste. Mark up chippies charge are utterly insane 

saved me a fortune and means I can have chips and gravy at home rather than only when I come down to my mums 

KFC was decent at one time.

Now it is crap . Not helped by the hundreds of lazy bastards who order on - line.

Instead of actually going and picking it up.

Result is thousands of delivery drivers getting in the bloody way.

Staff rushed of their feet , mass over cooking of product .( Brunt !!!).

Gravy is bobbins now .

I remember if you ordered a small extra portion didn't open it , put it in the fridge overnight.  Following morning flipped  it out of the carton . If you chucked it at a wall or a cobble stone , it bounced like one of those "super balls "

A bargain bucket back in the 80s when I was at uni was exactly that. A bargain. And decent. KFC is utterly rank now. That gravy that you could easily have as a drink is now like wallpaper paste

Only ever have McDs and that probably twice a year at most but at least it’s consistent