Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

KFC

leigh white

Back in the 80s when i probably last used a train, Euston (probably other London stations too) not Waterloo though, had burger vendors called Casey Jones , they were top drawer burgers and not expensive either.

Manchester Piccadilly had one as well.

Happy days.

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

All about time and place.

Match is a place for pasties, burgers and chips; and it that context on a cold day they are lovely. Not to be knocked.

Sitting on the backseat of a travel coach with some sort of trying faux-decent morrisons picnic hamper marks one out as nouveau riche and someone who certainly thumbs plastic lawn catalogues of a weekend whilst bottling up the sweaty anxeity of a parvenu, hoping they don't fall back into the fast food fandom of those they consider of the lower orders from whence they came.

Cured meats do not maketh the man.

You’re only upset because you didn’t think of it first.

You delight in snootily telling the rest of us that you are a culturally superior man-about-town; a haughty, well-heeled popinjay who is a cross between Warhol, Oscar Wilde and Picasso.

Doubtless there are a small number of minuscule cogs in the wheels of Theatreland in London who you have duped into believing you to be a northern dandy; a bisexual luvvie with an eye for floral shirts and a bookshelf full of barely decipherable but achingly cool authors.

Well you don’t fool me, sonny.

You’re northern scum. Cuban heels and androgynous affectations do not maketh one the Queen of Shaftesbury Avenue.

Edited by Spider

9 hours ago, Spider said:

You’re only upset because you didn’t think of it first.

You delight in snootily telling the rest of us that you are a culturally superior man-about-town; a haughty, well-heeled popinjay who is a cross between Warhol, Oscar Wilde and Picasso.

Doubtless there are a small number of minuscule cogs in the wheels of Theatreland in London who you have duped into believing you to be a northern dandy; a bisexual luvvie with an eye for floral shirts and a bookshelf full of barely decipherable but achingly cool authors.

Well you don’t fool me, sonny.

You’re northern scum. Cuban heels and androgynous affectations do not maketh one the Queen of Shaftesbury Avenue.

I'll have you know its all painters shirts, leather desert boots and distressed and ironic stonewashed jeans nowadays.

Anyway, I'm off to Marylebone this morning to take in some Russian money and then be sneery at non progressive liberal types in Islington this afternoon.

What a time to be alive.

3 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

I'll have you know its all painters shirts, leather desert boots and distressed and ironic stonewashed jeans nowadays.

Anyway, I'm off to Marylebone this morning to take in some Russian money and then be sneery at non progressive liberal types in Islington this afternoon.

What a time to be alive.

What footwear wil you be sporting?

This thread gave me a craving for KFC for a couple of days so went tonight. I cancelled and got a refund for my order 37 minutes after I entered it according to the screen, stood around in the restaurant watching them dither about, fucking joke.

Completely understaffed, the ones they've got are all kids who don't give a fuck and it's all totally imbalanced towards Deliveroo type collections, all their effort goes into that. Was looking forward to that too!

1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

This thread gave me a craving for KFC for a couple of days so went tonight. I cancelled and got a refund for my order 37 minutes after I entered it according to the screen, stood around in the restaurant watching them dither about, fucking joke.

Completely understaffed, the ones they've got are all kids who don't give a fuck and it's all totally imbalanced towards Deliveroo type collections, all their effort goes into that. Was looking forward to that too!

bullet dodged, it's fucking shit

On 27/05/2022 at 22:47, Marc505 said:

Found the same with Maccies. Everyone spent years dreaming of having it delivered but they just can’t cope.

All will be glad to know that Euston Burger King was spot on btw. With compulsory cans from Sainsbury’s.  

• Members
53 minutes ago, tomski said:

Went to the one on bury road on Friday night. Left with nothing. Not great

They are the ultimate special staff in there. Top tier of don't know what the fuck they are doing employees. 

Edited by bolton_blondie

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

They are the ultimate special staff in there. Top tier of don't know what the fuck they are doing employees. 

That’s the problem with brand new sites opening. The manager and assistants are often the only ones with any experience. They then recruit their staff. 

14 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

Been twice now. Don’t like to be critical but they really don’t.

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, Breightmet Boy said:

The nearest to me that isn’t halal is in Bury, I’ve not had KFC for over 15yrs.

The chicken at a non-halal KFC is from the same chicken farm and abattoir route as at the halal KFC. The only difference is the halal restaurant does not also have pork products on the menu.

Happy eating, G. 🍗🍗🍗😃

19 minutes ago, MickyD said:

The chicken at a non-halal KFC is from the same chicken farm and abattoir route as at the halal KFC. The only difference is the halal restaurant does not also have pork products on the menu.

Happy eating, G. 🍗🍗🍗😃

I don't eat the stuff, I'd rather starve to death to be honest pal.