Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Managerial Ins and Outs 2022-23


 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...

Find it hard to believe that Ian Evatt is now the 13th longest serving manager in the EFL (of the 72 clubs)

All these new managerial appointments seem to be signing 3 and 4 year deals and yet only 8 EFL managers have lasted 3 years and over half of them (43) have not been in their post for 12 months 

https://www.efl.com/news/managers-table/

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter

Heard on radio the other day that former Oldham manager, Paul Dikov, was the last to see the club through a full season. 

19 managers in the 12 years since.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MickyD said:

Heard on radio the other day that former Oldham manager, Paul Dikov, was the last to see the club through a full season. 

19 managers in the 12 years since.

 

John Sheridan is 3 of those managers 😀  If you go back to 2001 he's been manager on 6 separate occasions.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Birmingham fans saying John Eustace, Republic of Ireland assistant boss, is coming in as manager to replace Bowyer.

Also saying Bowyer's pay off is halved by sacking him in July instead of June as he's in the last year of his contract.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Also saying Bowyer's pay off is halved by sacking him in July instead of June as he's in the last year of his contract.

I very much doubt it was that poorly worded.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
Posted (edited)

Corberan left Huddersfield.

Must have another offer on the table as he did a good job with them last season, getting them to the play off final.

Edited by Steejay
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Corberon left Huddersfield.

Must have another offer on the table as he did a good job with them last season, getting them to the play off final.

And Hudds have promoted from within. Thought they might have gone for experience

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Corberan left Huddersfield.

Must have another offer on the table as he did a good job with them last season, getting them to the play off final.

replies to the huddersfield tweets from fans suggested it was to do with lack of financial backing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hudds Chief Exec on Danny Schofield: "He knows the club, the players, our coaching programme, and our structure as well as anyone and is ideally positioned to give us continuity," what he didn't say was "He's a good coach; never a 1st team manager in the memory of man, but we can pay him half what an experienced manager would get and he won't be demanding a big budget, he'll just be grateful"  I'll give him till Christmas or the first time they lose 3 on the trot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Hudds Chief Exec on Danny Schofield: "He knows the club, the players, our coaching programme, and our structure as well as anyone and is ideally positioned to give us continuity," what he didn't say was "He's a good coach; never a 1st team manager in the memory of man, but we can pay him half what an experienced manager would get and he won't be demanding a big budget, he'll just be grateful"  I'll give him till Christmas or the first time they lose 3 on the trot.

That is just missing words along the lines of ' anyone who knows football will understand this appointment' !!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

O'Neill at Stoke the first Championship manager to be potted, no surprise there.  Dyche odds on favourite to replace him.

I'm going for Swansea to be the next Champ club to lose patience (Russell Martin).

And in our league I don't think Jimmy Floyd H will survive many more defeats at Burton.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
59 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

O'Neill at Stoke the first Championship manager to be potted, no surprise there.  Dyche odds on favourite to replace him.

I'm going for Swansea to be the next Champ club to lose patience (Russell Martin).

And in our league I don't think Jimmy Floyd H will survive many more defeats at Burton.

I thought Dyche would rock up at Everton this season

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Zico said:

I thought Dyche would rock up at Everton this season

I don't think Everton fans would stomach a Big Sam Mark 2 😃 Especially looking towards moving to their new ground, they'll want their next manager to be a big name with pulling power, not one that would probably make Chris Wood his first signing!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, jmjhb said:

Somewhat relieved Evatt hasn't been mentioned at all

Other than a division above (which will hopefully change next season) Stoke is no longer a better gig than Bolton once again.
 

Nature is healing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, tomski said:

Other than a division above (which will hopefully change next season) Stoke is no longer a better gig than Bolton once again.
 

Nature is healing.

Ive got them as exactly the same as us in everything. Bang on level in the whole size of club debate.

Similar histories. Up and down the leagues, massive in the 50s etc, Stanley Mathews/Nat Lofthouse, Similar crowds.

Rich backer took them on a decade in the sunshine now they are less frivolous.

Not a change in hell hed entertain going there mind. Only a prem/top end champ would tempt him imo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Ive got them as exactly the same as us in everything. Bang on level in the whole size of club debate.

Similar histories. Up and down the leagues, massive in the 50s etc, Stanley Mathews/Nat Lofthouse, Similar crowds.

Rich backer took them on a decade in the sunshine now they are less frivolous.

Not a change in hell hed entertain going there mind. Only a prem/top end champ would tempt him imo.

Similar mate. Maybe 10 years behind and a few trips to division 3 and 4 for them to enjoy 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seeing swathes of empty seats there and at places like WBA, Boro, Swansea and a few others makes me think of what "incredible supporters" these kind of clubs used to boast about during their sunny PL days. Stoke especially, the way their support was fawned over by a media not used to a loud stadium now and again.

A few years in Championship will strip it all back to those who really want to be there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Seeing swathes of empty seats there and at places like WBA, Boro, Swansea and a few others makes me think of what "incredible supporters" these kind of clubs used to boast about during their sunny PL days. Stoke especially, the way their support was fawned over by a media not used to a loud stadium now and again.

A few years in Championship will strip it all back to those who really want to be there.

100%.

Been said before but theres a raft of clubs all in the same middle ground. WBA, Wolves, Stoke, Bolton, Charlton etc.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.