Brand Evatt

desperado

8 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

Dion Charles 320k

CMG 300k

Vic 500k

Dan 200k?

Collins 750k

Over 2M on forwards alone right there. And we're starting Jerome (out of necessity, i know). Can't say he's not been backed. 

Are we saying 2m wasted ? 

9 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Derby will sack Warne, probably about 8 games in like they did with his predecessor, once they realise he's shit in the championship 

He may be but at least he knows how to get there. 

1 hour ago, Rizlar said:

Given we're second top scorers in the league, I'm going to say not particularly.

Forgot we spent money on Forrester and Toal at the back too. Close to 2.5M spent. Who else? Morley and Dempsey probably push it over 2.5M. There were a few undisclosed fee like Williams that'll we never know.

Edited by jmjhb

2 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

double, treble Charles money, CMG is a talent if fit.....Vic should have gone Turkey but we will always get a couple of hundred for him, will never be a world beater....steady Eddie

Dan....Never understood what he has brought to the table, but others do so i respect that.

Collins is Quality

3 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

double, treble Charles money, CMG is a talent if fit.....Vic should have gone Turkey but we will always get a couple of hundred for him, will never be a world beater....steady Eddie

Dan....Never understood what he has brought to the table, but others do so i respect that.

Collins is Quality

I don’t understand why IE bought Dan he’s another player with injury issues but IE reckons he’s the new James Toney !

And looking at that outlay, if we don't go up that squad is going to get picked apart just to keep us running. Funnily enough, the players we got for free are likely to bring in the biggest income.

I doubt he'll fancy a rebuild. Another reason why I think we'll part ways in the summer.

Edited by jmjhb

• Moderators
1 hour ago, superkev said:

I care. I’ve had enough of wank hoofball over the years. I just pray we can go up in the playoffs

Never, ever thought id say this, but me too

Somebody mentioned him going to Blackpool...if he did id be gutted and see em as a massive threat

Fortunately, i, like everybody else on here has no say in it, but if I did, we would go again next year

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, masi 51 said:

Nobody has questioned FV in  this. I think like Evatt they have also run there course. We have shifted 15k season Tickets why would we want to be promoted with the outlay the championship will cost us. Wages will be double, Bonus payments astronomical and our turnover would not cover anything like the extra money needed.

Like Evatt thank them and try and get better ie the Swiss after all since FV have come in we have been run by  the Swiss, the Government and the Bond. 

Because a Championship club is far more attractive to investors than a League 1 club, with it being 1 flukey promotion away from the most lucrative League in the world. TV money and advertising income is also far higher. If Football Ventures don't want us to get promoted, we're in seriously bad hands. Thankfully, I'm 100% certain they do.

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

Because a Championship club is far more attractive to investors than a League 1 club, with it being 1 flukey promotion away from the most lucrative League in the world. TV money and advertising income is also far higher. If Football Ventures don't want us to get promoted, we're in seriously bad hands. Thankfully, I'm 100% certain they do.

How do you fluke a 46 game season?

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Well in which case you've earned a shot, nothing flukey about it.

Splitting hairs. Either way, you only earn that shot by getting into the Championship in the first place.

2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Run their course!! FFS! Turned club round completely, record ST sales, upgrading hotel, put in fanzone, got the town on side brought in Swiss investors, invested in good players, got us promoted, could be promoted again this season… who you think gonna come in and do better… your away with the fairies. 

Agreed, 4 years ago we were about start sharing a ground with bury.

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Well in which case you've earned a shot, nothing flukey about it.

Well by the sounds of it on here, we don’t deserve promotion, what with; a stubborn manager, not scoring enough goals, not winning enough games, having 2 keepers who concede crap goals, having 8 strikers who don’t score enough, only having 2 decent midfielders, not be flexible enough, not being consistent enough, tactically inflexible, crap at corners at both ends……

Yet we could still fluke promotion 

There's definitely a re-sale problem with a lot of the strikers quoted above. Only Charles I think where we'd get a profit, and even then not massive at his age. 

Just need to get promoted and get more investment in, we've got noone to sell to become sustainable.

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Run their course!! FFS! Turned club round completely, record ST sales, upgrading hotel, put in fanzone, got the town on side brought in Swiss investors, invested in good players, got us promoted, could be promoted again this season… who you think gonna come in and do better… you’re away with the fairies. 

I was just going to post almost exactly that.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Run their course!! FFS! Turned club round completely, record ST sales, upgrading hotel, put in fanzone, got the town on side brought in Swiss investors, invested in good players, got us promoted, could be promoted again this season… who you think gonna come in and do better… you’re away with the fairies. 

Get accused of being a happy clapper by some.

Expecting too much, we are stable financially and that's the over riding issue with football teams, there's Premiership teams being docked points for over spending atm, despite it happening to Us, Bury, Wigan, Derby etc, there are still teams where it's happening..

Finished 5th last season on 81 points with 62 goals , Currently on track for 2nd/3rd with potentially 89 points and at least 81 goals... How is that not progression? It might not be the progression people want but it IS progression, 

As for the striker situation...

Out of 6 strikers, Dan, Dion, Victor, Gomes all injured, (1.25m worth??)

JDB was coming back from a serious injury

Collins was new to the club, and tbh can't fault him so far.. 

Jerome is one of the oldest players in the league and clearly is there as his swansong before going into coaching.. 

We've had a really bad injury to one of last seasons best players (Dempsey)

Morley hasn't been the same since being bullied out of the game at Wigan and has made a few cameos (nobody saw that coming)

Not to mention our club captain missing about 12 games for various reasons, our First choice keeper being injured..

So unless we have a huge squad and overspend on wages, we always run the risks which have impacted us this season.

For me Evatt needs and deserves another season regardless, but if we're in this situation next year, it needs addressing.. 

FWIW think it's great that we have a manager that so many clubs get wound up about.

2 hours ago, captainmed said:

Failure to go up and I think IE will walk, nicely dressed up by FV.

He’s aged considerably and I don’t think he’s handling the pressure too well. 

If he can’t get us up this year then he won’t manage it next season in a far stronger league. 

Yes he’s connected the town with the football club again but progress has been too slow and he’s simply not savvy enough, too stubborn, emotional & inconsistent in his behaviour. 

There are so many similar themes to last season from both a results & performance perspective too. 

Anyway FV need to show some balls, and appoint someone with a proven track record if we fail in the play-offs. 

Warne will have been promoted 4 times from L1 after this season. 

It may not be pretty football but who cares. 

It works. 

I wouldn’t want a 5th season with him if we fail, agree he will walk 

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Stig said:

There's definitely a re-sale problem with a lot of the strikers quoted above. Only Charles I think where we'd get a profit, and even then not massive at his age. 

Just need to get promoted and get more investment in, we've got noone to sell to become sustainable.

Just can't see it off his most recent form, even before being injured he wasn't scoring.