Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

44 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

PSG for me tonight

Skybet doing 7/1 on neymar and lewandoski 2+ shots on target each

Rude not to

Neymar been playing like David Lee at Anfield in the last 2 matches. Man of the match in both but couldn't hit a barn door. 

2 hours ago, Steejay said:

How come there’s fans in the ground at this Ligue 1 game?

Anybody know the rules that have been set?

Watched some of the first 2 games,    makes a big difference having just the few fans in.  Bit of an atmosphere and the players must want to put that but extra in when there is a bit if a crowd.         Think we would be more than happy having a third of capacity allowed in till things improve.

• Moderators
On 23/08/2020 at 21:08, Johnnyrotten said:

Those games the kids played in pre-Hill last season - we had about 20% capacity in, and the atmosphere was decent.  So even as low as the suggested 15% wouldnt be bad, enough to create a buzz around the ground.

Lower tiers only though wasnt it, not sure

4 minutes ago, gonzo said:

What happens now then? 

He going down?

Downgraded from the original charge. That's why he was allowed home. He'll be fined a couple of days' wages, maybe, plus the blot on his character (obv his transfer was a greater sin).

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

It surprises me that Southgate has picked slabhead in his England squad, he has totally gone back on what he has said previously about players who misbehave themselves won't be picked, they are representing their country and have a duty to set a good example etc...

Probably depends which player it is then, or are we that short of decent centre backs, that's if you call him decent.

Think i saw on SSN he'd been dropped, though not sure if that's a u turn or not

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

It surprises me that Southgate has picked slabhead in his England squad, he has totally gone back on what he has said previously about players who misbehave themselves won't be picked, they are representing their country and have a duty to set a good example etc...

Probably depends which player it is then, or are we that short of decent centre backs, that's if you call him decent.

More to come in this case I reckon. Wouldn't surprise me if convictions were quashed, at least in part.

• Moderators
48 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

He's been outstanding this season & seems to have grown up a bit, reckon he can consider himself a bit unlucky. 

Cept for when he crashed his car after an all night party mid lockdown then left the scene and walked home in odd slippers