Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Town Centre Latest

Smiley

Regarding McGinlays, twenty odd years ago during the 'Bolton Bar Renaissance' period (1994-98) it became a 'house' bar, 'Bar Babylon' - permanent DJ station downstairs, dancefloor, DJs on most nights, bottle bar mezzanine area upstairs - it attracted the better-looking girls of the borough etc. for about a month...Until all the plastic Halliwell gangstery moved in and made it their 'local' with ensuing plastic gangster antics - cue everyone else fucking it off and it's inevitable closure...

Edited by Youri McAnespie

15 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Northern Monkey? opened a couple of months ago Traf.

Unless theres another new one opened.

Yep another Hogarths bar is going in slightly different. Also the new bar at the little town hall looks like it's going to be smart 

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/17254062.your-views-attendees-complain-about-controversial-winter-weekend/?fbclid=IwAR1luNF_Gv6gwK1TSTLTTaMUAqYXh3f_qcBQxLfjV0L4Rfdw-6ThH16kX8w

This is like one of them Christmas fairs run by gypsies where people turn up and the "reindeer" are actually dogs wearing antlers.

Awaiting outraged photos of people pointing at stuff.

On 25/11/2018 at 08:12, Marc505 said:

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/17254062.your-views-attendees-complain-about-controversial-winter-weekend/?fbclid=IwAR1luNF_Gv6gwK1TSTLTTaMUAqYXh3f_qcBQxLfjV0L4Rfdw-6ThH16kX8w

This is like one of them Christmas fairs run by gypsies where people turn up and the "reindeer" are actually dogs wearing antlers.

Awaiting outraged photos of people pointing at stuff.

My Mrs went with the little girl, it was piss poor.

They had a laugh, laughing at the event. But some little kids got really upset.

The ice rink was plastic white tiles, that had a bloke spraying polish over it to make slippy ffs.

4 hours ago, Pablo said:

My Mrs went with the little girl, it was piss poor.

They had a laugh, laughing at the event. But some little kids got really upset.

The ice rink was plastic white tiles, that had a bloke spraying polish over it to make slippy ffs.

That's a shame as the lights turn on according to my tribe was good.

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

I might be wrong but aren't all these pop-up ice rinks just made of slippy plastic tiles?

Went to the skating rink in Bryant Park in New York. Proper ice. Watched them putting down miles of tubing for the refrigerant and then just fill with water.

• Site Supporter
42 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Not being funny but commercially I think we are discussing a different scale entirely.

26 minutes ago, tomski said:

You wouldn't compare Victoria square with New York? :-)

I was pointing out that Winchester White WAS wrong. Not all pop-up ice rinks are plastic tiles.

1 hour ago, Winchester White said:

I might be wrong but aren't all these pop-up ice rinks just made of slippy plastic tiles?