Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

10 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Pretty clear really. Which "neutral international body" would you like to decide our future?  Or haven't you thought that far ahead? 

It isn’t up to me, but it is logical that it would be a neutral international body that would mediate between a democratic country and The EU.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, MalcolmW said:

Offer NI a vote on leaving UK.

No border, no problem.

Border poll will have to happen both sides of the border, but can’t see that anytime soon as the possibility of unified Ireland would cause murder, literally, even before the results of any vote came in I think. It will happen in future though.

ironic that a border put there against the wishes of a majority is now proving an obstacle to the wishes of a majority. 

Edited by fatolive
To make some sort of sense

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

It isn’t up to me, but it is logical that it would be a neutral international body that would mediate between a democratic country and The EU.

Can you give an example? 

6 minutes ago, fatolive said:

Border poll will have to happen both sides of the border, movement but can’t see that anytime soon as the possibility of unified Ireland would cause murder, literally, even before the results of any vote came in I think. It will happen in future though.

ironic that a border put their against the wishes of a majority is now proving an obstacle to the wishes of a majority. 

So the DUP want out of the EU and yet don't want a hard border. Have they offered any concessions at all or is this another cake and eat it situation? 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Salford Trotter said:

So the DUP want out of the EU and yet don't want a hard border. Have they offered any concessions at all or is this another cake and eat it situation? 

The DUP, being the twats they are, have said there is no problem with a border, they’d quite happily go back to check points if truth be known.

thankfully, they don’t even represent all unionists, nevermind all NI 

i still think that shower are going to get thrown under the bus by May and NI having some sort of special economic status as originally planned will be the end outcome.

no real reason or facts for that, just my musings and it would remove the border issue whilst keeping NI part of the UK 

• Site Supporter
Just now, gonzo said:

If you took our figure alone and removed it from the EU’s total, what would that list look like?

In a way, it proves that the EU can’t afford to let those exports die overnight.

however, and I know I get boring, the restrictions that will come into place will send that figure plummeting.

the “will” is there, but the means will not be after 29th.

1 hour ago, darwen_white said:

The EU is made up of 27 countries.

That chart is comparing a continent to countries.

But the EU is a single trading bloc in terms of regulations and tariffs...how trade is distributed within it is currently irrelevant. We are leaving the group who just happen to be our largest trade partners by a country mile.