Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

4 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

A couple of benches and card payment only, nailed 👌 

That's nail on head, there's no payment into the economy from a private back garden (apart from buying your ale and food from a supermarket), this government is  intent on getting people to go out and spend money IMO

We were/are planning to go out for Sunday dinner for the first time as a family since re-open, me n Mrs, brother n Mrs and 2 kids (7 and 4) and mum. Three different houses but we've been between each house and no other up till now. So as I make it, that's a 3 house family bubble mixing together for the last few weeks but technically not allowed to go pub/restaurant together, I think. Now me and my brother say, fuck it, may not be strictly to the rules but morally sound and think it's fine given the circumstances. Mum's worried if we'd be doing "the right thing". 

Head fuck!! Who's right?? 

8 hours ago, L/H White said:

What did you have? 

Half a cooked chicken and a cup of tea mate. 

Timed it perfect and got the chicken from a fresh batch out of the oven. 

The seagulls followed my van like them flying monkeys off the wizard of Oz. 

7 hours ago, Ani said:

The beer garden has to be Covid ‘compliant’ your back garden is not compliant. 

Yes but they aren’t in reality are they. Folk mix about and as they day goes on gets less and less compliant. The pub may set up that way but the patrons aren’t interested and it can’t be controlled. You’ve more control in a back garden. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

Yes but they aren’t in reality are they. Folk mix about and as they day goes on gets less and less compliant. The pub may set up that way but the patrons aren’t interested and it can’t be controlled. You’ve more control in a back garden. 

From the government's perspective, they can only make the recommendations and rules, then its up people.

Piss heads in a pub or garden pretty much the same. Whether a landlord can or will maintain order is another question. 

Eat out lots, buy beer, but remember to also loose weight. It's a head fuck for us all, government included. 

Ending up staying in most of yesterday.. back from seeing family in the Highlands & couldn't hack the crowds.

Don't think it can get much better than this til we get a vaccine. Doubt there will be any decent crowds or atmosphere at a ground until 2021-22 season.  Being a pessimistic wanker today.

31 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Eat out lots, buy beer, but remember to also loose weight. It's a head fuck for us all, government included. 

Ending up staying in most of yesterday.. back from seeing family in the Highlands & couldn't hack the crowds.

Don't think it can get much better than this til we get a vaccine. Doubt there will be any decent crowds or atmosphere at a ground until 2021-22 season.  Being a pessimistic wanker today.

If it’s like this until 2021 / 2022 then your talking deep economic depression 

What for, to save the NHS? Not for me thanks 

• Moderators

Im not arsed to put it on here but wanksocks interview with radio manc yesterday morning was excruciating

I actually felt for the poor incompetent twat

A man who would be out of his depth in a puddle

Anyway, having checked a piece on the rules, zico just needs to set up on the pavement at the front of his house

Up to 6 allowed in a public space....but not a garden

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

think the only option we have is open up, see spikes, regional lockdowns, suppress, re-open

and repeat

which I think is what is going on

you say we need a plan b, what would be your best case scenario?'

think what we've learnt from this is economic depression is inevitable when the largely unprepared world gets hit by a global pandemic

53 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Aye... & all the mental health issues that arise from that depression.

The fatigue of this way of living will only kick in harder. 

But until there's a vaccine or life saving treatment of severe symptoms then I can't see mass gatherings happening until late next year. Football grounds are proven hotspots & surely they will be the last to open en mass. 

Just now, London Wanderer said:

Aye... & all the mental health issues that arise from that depression.

The fatigue of this way of living will only kick in harder. 

But until there's a vaccine or life saving treatment of severe symptoms then I can't see mass gatherings happening until late next year. Football grounds are proven hotspots & surely they will be the last to open en mass. 

Unless they bring the clinical passport in, and it works.

10 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

think the only option we have is open up, see spikes, regional lockdowns, suppress, re-open

and repeat

which I think is what is going on

you say we need a plan b, what would be your best case scenario?'

think what we've learnt from this is economic depression is inevitable when the largely unprepared world gets hit by a global pandemic

I think we should be looking more along the lines of protecting the economy and jobs as the priority

Get schools fully open in September no matter what Covid is doing. Allow all businesses to open up again 

The NHS has had time to build up capacity of beds and ventilators if / when a second spike comes 

Shield the at risk groups of course, but the majority of people should be allowed to crack on for the sake of the economy 

I simply don’t think it’s worth carrying on like this for 18 months to 2 years 

• Site Supporter

Schools must open. No question.

If sport is going to survive, they have to open stadiums.

the hospitals are ready. There is capacity.

This thing isn’t going away, and it sounds like treatments to stop it killing folk are improving all the time, so we probably need to let the health service crack on.

2 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

I think we should be looking more along the lines of protecting the economy and jobs as the priority

Get schools fully open in September no matter what Covid is doing. Allow all businesses to open up again 

The NHS has had time to build up capacity of beds and ventilators if / when a second spike comes 

Shield the at risk groups of course, but the majority of people should be allowed to crack on for the sake of the economy 

I simply don’t think it’s worth carrying on like this for 18 months to 2 years 

That's supposing that all those not shielding are willing to risk getting the virus though. And with a proper second spike & no lockdown the NHS may not cope.

It's a nightmare of a balancing act don't get me wrong. But we still don't know the long term impacts of having the virus. Some scientists are alarmed by the lingering effects on people who weren't hospitalised & recovered at home.

1 minute ago, London Wanderer said:

That's supposing that all those not shielding are willing to risk getting the virus though. And with a proper second spike & no lockdown the NHS may not cope.

It's a nightmare of a balancing act don't get me wrong. But we still don't know the long term impacts of having the virus. Some scientists are alarmed by the lingering effects on people who weren't hospitalised & recovered at home.

Of course, it’s up to each individual if they want to shield or not but they will have to support themselves financially If that’s what they choose 

Perhaps the NHS may not be able to cope

The economy and public finances certainly can’t cope with another year or two as we are now 

It will be down to public opinion as to what the priority is (Health vs Economy). When Furlough ends and the job losses start to really kick in I think the shift will be towards protecting the Economy 

Just now, birch-chorley said:

Of course, it’s up to each individual if they want to shield or not but they will have to support themselves financially If that’s what they choose 

Perhaps the NHS may not be able to cope

The economy and public finances certainly can’t cope with another year or two as we are now 

It will be down to public opinion as to what the priority is (Health vs Economy). When Furlough ends and the job losses start to really kick in I think the shift will be towards protecting the Economy 

Yeah... It's going to be a crazy few months.  

We certainly can't delay anymore cancer treatments & the like.

7 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Aye 

That’s just nonsensical 

Protecting people from dying from Covid just so others die of Cancer

I don't know which treatments were delayed. I think vital treatments were still happening but screenings & those that could be delayed were. Only time will tell what the effects of cancelling a whole range of medical treatments will be.

I'de argue having to delay any cancer treatments was evidence the NHS wasn't properly coping. But healthcare ain't my field & I guess we had to keep people away from the hospitals.