Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Next Manager

TroySwoosh

Next Manager Poll  

265 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Big E said:

What are you even on about. 

Glad its not just me. All these folk fretting about Evatt and compensation and the state of the playing squad. Lets just give FV benefit of doubt.  they have identified an ambitious (for our current position) target and will know how much they are prepared to pay. if it doesn't happen then on to plan B.

As for the playing squad despite what that idiot Iles says having so many out of contract is an advantage. Salary cap would negate the embargo and work for us. post covid there will be a heap of decent talent available. what we need is a manager prepared to wotk within FV model and organise a decent team. its a gamble but no way would i be trusting David Lee Kevin Nolan etc with it.

Although everyone, me included, seems happy with Steve Evatt - I'm starting to have reservations regarding Tobias Phoenix...

I saw a picture of him in the BEN and he was wearing a parka with a fur-trimmed hood.

It was probably upwards of £600+ but he favvered a cheap streetwalker.

How are we supposed to trust his judgement of a player if he can't even pick himself any decent clobber?

I think people are overestimating the responsibilities of Phoenix. The manager will still be identifying the players and then it is down to Phoenix to complete the deal, leaving the manager more time to focus on what he's already got rather than dicking about with wage negotiations.

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

11476287.jpg?type=article-full

He needs to make a statement regarding this jacket. He should just claim his missus bought it for him and he didn't have the heart to tell her it was shite, ffs.

Looks like someone in most pubs around Old Trafford 2 hours before Kick off  - is name is Carl and hes from Mottram. Twat!

21 minutes ago, snowball said:

Glad its not just me. All these folk fretting about Evatt and compensation and the state of the playing squad. Lets just give FV benefit of doubt.  they have identified an ambitious (for our current position) target and will know how much they are prepared to pay. if it doesn't happen then on to plan B.

As for the playing squad despite what that idiot Iles says having so many out of contract is an advantage. Salary cap would negate the embargo and work for us. post covid there will be a heap of decent talent available. what we need is a manager prepared to wotk within FV model and organise a decent team. its a gamble but no way would i be trusting David Lee Kevin Nolan etc with it.

Thing is If they don't get him for whatever reason - 

Whoever they then appoint knows he was not the preferred choice

and many fans are left feeling that they are getting a "second rate " choice 

As for FV if you identify a target and go into negotiations unable to reach an agreement because you cannot raise the cash , you have got to question their reasoning for starting the negotiations in the first place and raising expectations 

• Site Supporter
28 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

"If" (Ahem...) it came out that he'd already visited the stadium and training ground, could Barrow have a case for us tapping him up?

"if" that were the case, id have heard something similar

35 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

Thing is If they don't get him for whatever reason - 

Whoever they then appoint knows he was not the preferred choice

and many fans are left feeling that they are getting a "second rate " choice 

As for FV if you identify a target and go into negotiations unable to reach an agreement because you cannot raise the cash , you have got to question their reasoning for starting the negotiations in the first place and raising expectations 

I suspect they would have some kind of inkling or informal nod from an agent about how much it would cost to get his guy out of there.  If someone else has decided that's not enough, that could be the reason for the impasse. I wouldn't automatically blame FV for that, sometimes people smell an opportunity to inflate their prices and if they decide to walk away because of that I'd support them.

Hope there's an agreement to be reached though. I prefer to get someone in without any sentiment involved than bring Nolan on the strength of what he achieved here on the pitch. 

9 minutes ago, 1969 said:

Iles saying we offered around 150000

Not a bad opening offer, but (quite rightly) Barrow will be looking at that as only another £20k above what was offered by Fylde last year. I’m pretty confident we’ll get him, and it won’t be for the full £250k, but I expect it to be nearer to £200k.