Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Next Manager Poll  

261 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know people are wanting Lee but we are in league 2 and need someone with experience. We go with an inexperienced manager and start badly who knows where we end up?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Smithills gent 

Bolton fans going into BarrowWays to troll them is one of the most embarrassing things I've ever heard of. How small-time have we now become?

Given the current climate I think it would be fitting to give the job to Phil Brown he would be our first black manager 🖤

38 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

No thanks and definitely not. 

Thought Beales CV looked pretty good to be honest. Seems to have good contacts which could be key for loans (while I’ve never liked loans) I suspect that will be a key part of our rebuilding plans.

Michaelbealecoaching.com

Edited by tomski
33 minutes ago, Norpig said:

I know people are wanting Lee but we are in league 2 and need someone with experience. We go with an inexperienced manager and start badly who knows where we end up?

I look at the list of experienced managers linked with us and I think they could easily be described as failed managers.

Edited by tomski

I voted for Ricketts but noticing that Nigel Adkins has only got 1.5%, I'm thinking he's underrated.  Gets hold a club and makes them better, generally, with a poor short spell at Sheff U thrown in.  Has a plan, can set a team up.  Did a great job at Hull, kept them up first season and had them mid table 2nd season, wasn't sacked but left due to the dodgy owners/general mess.  If we're talking credentials of experienced managers that are available and realistic, surely he's no 1 on the list.  Fair enough if they just want a 'coach', but if they want a manager look no further.  

14 minutes ago, tomski said:

Thought Beales CV looked pretty good to be honest. Seems to have good contacts which could be key for loans (while I’ve never liked loans) I suspect that will be a key part of our rebuilding plans.

Michaelbealecoaching.com

You could be right but I’d prefer an experienced manager. 

6 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I voted for Ricketts but noticing that Nigel Adkins has only got 1.5%, I'm thinking he's underrated.  Gets hold a club and makes them better, generally, with a poor short spell at Sheff U thrown in.  Has a plan, can set a team up.  Did a great job at Hull, kept them up first season and had them mid table 2nd season, wasn't sacked but left due to the dodgy owners/general mess.  If we're talking credentials of experienced managers that are available and realistic, surely he's no 1 on the list.  Fair enough if they just want a 'coach', but if they want a manager look no further.  

I voted Adkins for your reasons,  not really a big name, not someone on who first impression we'd all yes get in but I reckon he could set us up very well.

Anyone know what will happen with Remi Matthew's when his contract expires, I know he left the Bolton area as the season was shut down & headed back to Norwich area.

Nolan - First team coach at West Ham, but out of contract at the end of the season. 42% win ratio across 99 games as a manager with two teams in League Two. Had both in and around the playoffs and both went down after he left, so he was probably working with some shite.

Ricketts - Decent spell at Wrexham and comes across well, but I'd not be getting too excited over his 23 wins from 78 at Shrewsbury. Career winning record as a manager is 35% off 102 games. Seems Bolton fans think he's a better manager than Shrewsbury fans do.

Holden - Three wins from 15 in a short spell at Oldham. Now assistant at Bristol City.

Even if none of them had ever played for us, I'm not sure what Holden or Ricketts have that would put them clear above Nolan. If anything, I think being seen as the sentimental option is being held against him. He's a good young coach. The fact that he's a club legend and would have the fans onside at a time we have little else is a bonus.

Of the established options Clough, Powell and Adkins are decent shouts. Don't think we need to be getting too cute by picking random coaches with no experience.

1 hour ago, Ruba Mustafa said:

Barton, Rickets or Nolan for me, spose I could accept cough.

no one else in the frame

Barton?

Fucking Barton?

• Site Supporter

Owen Coyle's appointment says don't rely on club heroes  to get you out of the shit unless you want to remove them from the high esteem with which they were once held.

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Decent shout 👍

26 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Owen Coyle's appointment says don't rely on club heroes  to get you out of the shit unless you want to remove them from the high esteem with which they were once held.

Ahem...Sam Allardyce? 

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, DavidLeesMullet said:

Ahem...Sam Allardyce? 

Did a cracking job with what he had and created a way of building a team that was good for us. He was the first of my heroes. Doyle, while not held in the same level as BSA was a total letdown who got a lot longer than he was entitled to because despite the results, he was a former fan’s favourite. I’m not that arsed that the bubble burst and now he’s that jock cunt who couldn’t manage a decent meal, never mind a football team.

I don’t particularly want Kevin Nolan to follow him down the same path.

Hairy muff mate, I voted for Nigel Clough in the survey, proven track record with various clubs, but would he want to come to a 4th division club. 

Wonder if we should have nabbed the Cowley Brothers whilst they were at Lincoln? 

50 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Equally, Big Sam says that just because someone played us, doesn't mean that they're a sentimental appointment doomed to fail.

Also, it wasn't like Coyle was just picked at random because he had a catchy chant. He'd done a fantastic at Burnley and was seen as one of the brightest up and coming managers even while managing us. 

Edited by Tombwfc