Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sarah Everard

Rudy

1 hour ago, Zico said:

From what I've seen on social media it's a lot of stats of what "men" do, which can't be denied, but it's not a problem that ALL men have to work on 

I know what it's like though, once was out on Canal Street with mates, on way home a big gay lad followed me all the way down Whitworth Street to Oxford Road staying around 10 metres behind wolf whistling every 10 seconds or so, definitely felt intimidating and like i might get bum raped

It'd be a shame if every woman felt like that every time they were out at night, but it's a handful of men letting the side down and am not sure what I can do about it 

Edit 

Should add, carry on with the conversation, protests, vigils etc, I fully support it as the issue is there, but I see no reason, for example, that Davina McCall should come under fire or get grief for her point of view, as that too is part of the discussion and a perfectly valid point, but there's been a back lash because it doesn't suit

Were you in the cowboy boots that night? If so I reckon you can only have yourself to blame ;) 👢

I was down that way a few years back for some post funeral after drinks. Came across a sleazy lad doing whatever he wanted with his hands, then when I confronted him I was the homophobic one. Cunt. 

Agree that other women shouldn't be coming under fire for offering different views. You even see folk coming under fire just for asking people to take a step back and think rationally about it. There's also more to this than just lads on a night out. Domestic violence is on the rise again, which is worrying. Another reason why we can't keep going into Lockdowns. 

Anyways - I've said my masters piece on this. 

8 minutes ago, Ani said:

Twat badge wearer 😂😂😎

I genuinely didn’t think a certain poster would be topped with his inane drunken ramblings. But Jesus this was before 10am. 

if it differentiates me from him pass me a giant I’m a twat  badge please 😬😬

• Members
51 minutes ago, crawshawbooth said:

i am not getting at you for just putting a few cones out and deciding who has the blue bibs today

you take it too personally

your work is important 

It’s really not, but I still look down on you 😂

1 hour ago, miamiwhite said:

have a Google fella, been a few in the last couple of years.

I googled 'protesters stop rapist deportation' & the only one that came up was a Metro article about some passengers supporting a distressed individual who was a convicted rapist. Not that they knew at the time. 

Sounds like another Miami Twist to me 😁

2 hours ago, bolton_blondie said:

Being sent into sex offenders homes to nurse them as they 'can't leave the house' has toughened me up a bit. We go in twos (not sure how two women instead of 1 is safer) 

Always make a plan before hand. Basically if we feel unsafe or uncomfortable we drop everything and run. We have nothing to protect us, not even a panic alarm. 

That's fun. 

When our female staff did home visits they had a very good 'rape alarm' and they had to phone the office prior to going in to the house and immediately on exit, we also had an idea how long the visit should have been, they also had a safe word if they had to phone us with a problem, I know situations differ but at least it helped a bit

• Members
9 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

When our female staff did home visits they had a very good 'rape alarm' and they had to phone the office prior to going in to the house and immediately on exit, we also had an idea how long the visit should have been, they also had a safe word if they had to phone us with a problem, I know situations differ but at least it helped a bit

We have none of this. 

21 minutes ago, Spider said:

Crawshaw’s been on the grog earlier than normal today.

Are badges available that say “I’m a superior twat” for those of us who are just, you know, better?

He will be as well not stopping if he gets any earlier. 

and re the badges  , @Not in Crawleywhere would one get one of these badges?

1 hour ago, London Wanderer said:

I googled 'protesters stop rapist deportation' & the only one that came up was a Metro article about some passengers supporting a distressed individual who was a convicted rapist. Not that they knew at the time. 

are you on drugs pal ? Give me 5 mins, prepare the bombs Mr Grey 😄 🤣 

1 hour ago, London Wanderer said:

BOOOOOOOM

25 were being deported on this one......lovely twist eh.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-45724040

2 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

Oh look, more protestors whining about a deportation flight containing murderers and rapists.

Let's face it mate, your googling skills are either pretty shit or very selective 💥 💥 

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/government-deportation-flight-protesters-jamaica-a4358631.html

2 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

Which one of these soppy cunts is you ? 😄 🤣 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7268407/Foreign-murderers-child-rapists-UK-two-years-activists-blocked-deportation.html