Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Spring riots

Spider

1 hour ago, captainmed said:

The young uns’ have been very tolerant, lost the most and it will continue to be like that.

They have had enough and for that reason it’s understandable in my opinion.

Understandable that they want to protest, not understandable trashing police cars and attacking the police. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Members
3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Understandable that they want to protest, not understandable trashing police cars and attacking the police. 

Influenced by American hysteria. Defund an already underfunded establishment. Ridiculous behaviour 

• Members
3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I thought the protest was against the government lockdown bill being extended? 

I originally thought that, but considering all the police cars have defund the police sprayed all over them I imagine the little rascals are a little confused. Bless em

12 minutes ago, Spider said:

Maybe these rent-a-mobs should be filmed and their faces held on file.

That way the police can spot repeat offenders and prevent them from protesting in future.?

They only do that if they're on their way to a football match.

16 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Influenced by American hysteria. Defund an already underfunded establishment. Ridiculous behaviour 

They know exactly what they are doing.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, captainmed said:

The young uns’ have been very tolerant, lost the most and it will continue to be like that.

aye

I'm not anti right or pro left here, but not seen anything in the videos - other than saying "antifa type" - that they are of any persuasion - look like a bunch of frustrated kids/students looking to vent, not even political - "kill the bill" maybe but doesn't everyone hate the police at that age?

they can fuck off though, I don't think they've lost the most at all, time is on their side, and it's a shame the police didn't have the resources to fight back

Edited by Zico

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, Alf Hartigan said:

Fuck off 😃

9 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

Defeated already C.......fuck me pal, put up a fight at least 😄 🤣 😂 

I'm not sure how Alfred is defeated when not many minutes prior...

9 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

Fuck off 😃 

seemed to be an acceptable retort.  I thought he was merely being ironic in response. 

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, captainmed said:

Couldn't disagree more.

Can't lose anything more than your life.

If they want out of the situation, the quickest way is to stick to what were doing and get a vaccine when called.

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Couldn't disagree more.

Can't lose anything more than your life.

If they want out of the situation, the quickest way is to stick to what were doing and get a vaccine when called.

aye, in addition to people/loved ones dying, others have lost their jobs, livelihoods, or lots of business

plus time is on their side to make up for all the drinking and fingering they've missed out on

• Site Supporter

Don't want to tar em all with the same brush, and clearly some have genuinely suffered mentally.

However the media has whipped up the mental health frenzy so much, it seems if you've not got "mental health" then you've got something wrong with you.

Simple fact is, it's shit for everyone. Some have suffered more than others, that's an unfortunate fact of life.

3 hours ago, Zico said:

aye, in addition to people/loved ones dying, others have lost their jobs, livelihoods, or lots of business

plus time is on their side to make up for all the drinking and fingering they've missed out on

Good insight there

I've got a lot of sympathy with the younger end of society who've probably felt the effects of social curtailment far more than hermits like me have done.

But you can't condone protesting for the right to a peaceful protest by actually causing a fucking riot and attacking the police.

18 minutes ago, little whitt said:

and if they where football lads 

you can bet they would be getting a knock this morning 

I think a lot of the hooligan element will be known to the police and will be getting a knock soon enough, the video footage will take a while to analyse then they'll begin the round up

27 minutes ago, Traf said:

I've got a lot of sympathy with the younger end of society who've probably felt the effects of social curtailment far more than hermits like me have done.

But you can't condone protesting for the right to a peaceful protest by actually causing a fucking riot and attacking the police.

Cheese probably can 

16 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

Who is the biggest threat as we speak ? Left or right ? 

According the police the far-right are the fastest growing terror threat in the UK - https://news.sky.com/story/right-wing-extremism-fastest-growing-threat-says-uks-top-cop-in-counter-terrorism-12135071 This is from just 5 months ago. 

In 2019 we had the highest amount of far-right terror plots in the Europe. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/terror-attacks-far-right-islamist-europe-uk-stanwell-2019-a9581921.html

You could take this evidence and argue one side is worse. But I'd say they are both as bad as each other. Why the fuck you and our resident Neo-Nazi sympathiser are turning this into a battle of who is worse is beyond me. It's pointless. The issue is extremism on both sides. 

Worst thing about last night is that two of the vehicles they burnt out were to protect vulnerable people in safe housing. Fucking idiots. 

6 hours ago, Zico said:

Greater Manchester police to investigate after teenager says officer throttled him

Video of incident was filmed by another student, who says she was thrown to the floor by two officers

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/mar/22/gmp-to-investigate-teenager-says-officer-throttled-him

Anyone seen the video? 

I searched manchester student police on Twitter.

The vid I found is hosted by the sun, so not linking to that shitrag.

Theres also a still from an account called radio pie or something, the throat grab seems pretty clear on that picture. 

I think the country is like a tinderbox.