Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Openly gay footballer

Ani

• Members
1 hour ago, green genie said:

I’m surprised that more haven’t felt empowered to come out by the number of lesbians in the Lionesses.

The birth rate likely to plummet when their inspiration takes effect 

Lesbie honest though, it's assumed that a female footballer is a lezzer anyway.  It's more of a surprise to hear when they are straight.

• Site Supporter
15 hours ago, DazBob said:

Lesbie honest though, it's assumed that a female footballer is a lezzer anyway.  It's more of a surprise to hear when they are straight.

The lower down the grassroots end of the game there are plenty of both. But that probably applies throughout most same-sex team games.

Daughter (straight) plays football, hockey, netball and rounders. In each sport there are some beautiful straight girls and some beautiful gay girls. Equally, there are some not-so-beautiful on either side too. 

7 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

What does make me laugh is the irony that reactions like the above are why it's important it is front and centre when a footballer has the strength of character to come out as gay.

Again, the world will cease to exsist before the penny drops for some.  

😂😂

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone spot these two yesterday?

The guy imo makes an interesting point.  Being an old dinosaur I'm well behind on what terms are and aren't acceptable.  This took me to Stonewall's website that gives a list of all acceptable terms for different genders and sexuality.  It's an eye opener - there are 8 just under the letter A!

https://www.stonewall.org.uk/list-lgbtq-terms

• Site Supporter

I'm really glad some have spoken out about this. Completely over the top, unrepresentative and does no favours.

It's an interesting and informative read is that.

Stonewall are a set of loons too nowadays, moved well away from what they were set up to do. Iirc one (or more) of their founders/top officials have walked away.

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I'm really glad some have spoken out about this. Completely over the top, unrepresentative and does no favours.

It's an interesting and informative read is that.

Stonewall are a set of loons too nowadays, moved well away from what they were set up to do. Iirc one (or more) of their founders/top officials have walked away.

Lots of murky stuff online when you do some digging. Mermaids was one that came up when I was a teacher, 

thing is, might be drag queens at football, and nobody would know as they're not dressed in their saturday night gladrags.. neither is anyone else in the stadium.. 

28 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

Lots of murky stuff online when you do some digging. Mermaids was one that came up when I was a teacher, 

thing is, might be drag queens at football, and nobody would know as they're not dressed in their saturday night gladrags.. neither is anyone else in the stadium.. 

Surely "drag Queens not in their glad rags" are just Graham who works in an outbound double glazing call centre during the week and has best friends from work who are 65 year old menopausal women. 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, stevieb said:

Surely "drag Queens not in their glad rags" are just Graham who works in an outbound double glazing call centre during the week and has best friends from work who are 65 year old menopausal women. 

pretty much my point..