Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

2024 Holidays

Smiley

Highly recommend the Barcelo Aguamarina Hotel in Cala Ferrera/Cala d’Or. Was decent. Had a total refurb last year. Booked with Traf Tours. Got a delightful 7th floor balcony with sea/beach view. 2 mins walk to beach. 10 mins into centre of Cala d’Or.

Edited by Smiley

6 hours ago, DirtySanchez said:

I'll revise 

Another vote for the admin side of Traf Tours 😃

Thank you. We're very good at sourcing and organising, but then we're at the mercy of airlines, overseas taxi drivers & hoteliers. It's usually all good, though! 😉

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Love Crete but this fucker has just bitten my ear. Flew into the bar, landed, had a munch, and sat there bold as brass, having a chew. Pissed blood everywhere. IMG_0501.thumb.jpeg.09238005fcaea825924dad9de45e0481.jpegRuined a brand new Fred Perry top with the blood. Leathery winged bastard met its match with Mrs Manc’s wedge shoe. Satisfying crunch 

What the fuck is that????

34 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Love Crete but this fucker has just bitten my ear. Flew into the bar, landed, had a munch, and sat there bold as brass, having a chew. Pissed blood everywhere. IMG_0501.thumb.jpeg.09238005fcaea825924dad9de45e0481.jpegRuined a brand new Fred Perry top with the blood. Leathery winged bastard met its match with Mrs Manc’s wedge shoe. Satisfying crunch 

You don't get that shit on TrafTours.

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

It's not a cicada as they don't bite.

I did an image search on Google and it comes up with a number of suggestions, which probably doesn't help!

Eg robber fly- they're predatory, bit grab other insects mid flight.

Locals just gawped at it and shrugged their shoulders. And moved away. Like a circle when a fight used to break out on a terrace. The sound when Mrs Manc twatted it with her wedge shoe though..🤑

Looking for some suggestions….

3 nights in Lisbon (wife has never been).

or

3 nights in Porto (neither of us have been)

or

2 nights Lisbon + 1 night Porto.

Is there plenty enough to do in either city? Looked at trains between and there’s a 3 hour high speed train for around £22 each.

Believe the national park at Sintra is decent. Worth a full day visit from Lisbon?

Lastly, best location for hotel/Airbnb in Lisbon and/or Porto?

35 minutes ago, Smiley said:

or

or

Is there plenty enough to do in either city? Looked at trains between and there’s a 3 hour high speed train for around £22 each.

Believe the national park at Sintra is decent. Worth a full day visit from Lisbon?

3 nights in Lisbon, stay in centre (Baixa), great city....

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Smiley said:

or

or

I've done Lisbon, ace, favourite European destination 

Bairro Alto or Alfama best to stay (we stayed in the former, enjoyed the vibe in the latter)

Didn't go to Sintra

I've heard good things about Porto, not sure I'd want to do both unless it was two nights each