Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Run In

green genie

• 2 weeks later...

It's going to be an interesting watch tomorrow afternoon as Wycombe travel to Charlton and Posh host Derby.

Obviously hope that Charlton do us a favour and it's not beyond the realms of possibility as they've won their last 2 albeit against Cambridge and Morecambe - but I find it difficult to see anything other than Wycombe closing to just a point behind us.

Posh v Derby is a good tie for us regardless of the result. Posh win and we've caught Derby. Derby win and Posh stay 4 points behind us. But IMO the best result would be a draw as our competitors would only get 2 points between them instead of 3 - both would drop points.

Our fate is in our own hands though - there are no easy wins or foregone conclusions in this league and I hope that is something our lads bear in mind for the remaining games - hopefully we have 12 "cup finals" left to play this season. Win them all and we'll be in dreamland :)

If we can emulate lasts seasons eight games we will be home & dry in the playoffs 

Won 5 D3 L0, 18pts, I think we might need 16pts ie 80 pts total. Don’t feel mega confident of accruing this total but the pressure will be on the other teams as well so five wins might do it (79pts) which would allow us a couple of fck-ups which as we know as Wanderers is usually on the cards.

Hope it’s not an Omen but the game before the aforementioned run of eight unbeaten games was Plymouth at home (0-1)🤔

Edited by Take Hunt Off

• 2 weeks later...

How many points do we reckon from the last 8 will see us in the playoffs? 

I'd gone with 16 to hit the 80 point mark, 4 home wins and 4 points away is what we should be aiming for I reckon.

Would mean both Derby and Peterborough would have to pick up 17 points in 7 games.

2 hours ago, BeeversLeftPeg said:

How many points do we reckon from the last 8 will see us in the playoffs? 

I'd gone with 16 to hit the 80 point mark, 4 home wins and 4 points away is what we should be aiming for I reckon.

Would mean both Derby and Peterborough would have to pick up 17 points in 7 games.

11 or 12 will realistically do it imo 

Can't be arsed reading the full thread. I'm hoping we sew up this 5th spot as I'm expecting Barnsley to finish 4th. I feel confident we can do them over 2 legs. If I'm to pick a finalist also, I'll take the Posh. Before you know it we'll be on the beach, dreaming of the championship 😎