Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fleetwood (H)

globaldiver

2 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

... & who's owners will he cracking themselves. Yet again they spent money they didn't have, assuming they'd be promoted. 

Derby have gambled everything on going up if they don’t they too will have to slash the wage budget for next season .

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Eavesy said:

Another few comments about pressure and ‘over reaction’. 
I know we are a fickle lot but he needs to be careful about consistently referring to fan reaction. 
Last Saturday there was regular comments from Evatt on the reaction of the fans 1st half. 
BEN jump on this and before you know it there’s another article of evatt defending January signings or pleading for calm or talking about tiring teams out before attacking.

Slippery slope

Absolute bollocks. Some people will search for for something negative when there’s absolutely no need.

Did you hear IE after Accrington? He couldn’t have been any more praiseworthy of us fans.

3 hours ago, Rizlar said:

Dion scores goals in clutches so I am hoping in the playoffs he hits form. 

That's very true.  If I'm not mistaken (which is possible) no goals till end Oct, then 8 in Dec, Jan and Feb from open play, 1 in April.  I like him as a player but if we're talking about goals - which is what we judge Kachunga on sometimes - he's only really turned up for 3 months arguably.  Hasn't scored at home since FGR in January so the play off 1st leg would be a good time to get another. 

3 hours ago, woolli said:

He played well today, even though he tried to " con" that he had scored! Yes control better, but light years behind Charles scoring stats!

Also light years behind Bakayoko scoring stats but he was deemed surplus to requirements, just as Kachunga was in most people's eyes (mine included).  I didn't think it was possible to bring in 3 strikers all worse than the pair of them, but we possibly did (only going off what I've seen so far, I get that it can change, just commenting on contribution to the current season for us).  

Woke up in the night and checked my phone, wry smile. Had a look at the results of teams around us, turned into a big grin. 2 points a game since Sheff Wed away, a similar return over 2 legs of the playoff semi gets us to Wembley and then it's sexy football time. As Ted Lasso says "Believe".

19 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Also light years behind Bakayoko scoring stats but he was deemed surplus to requirements, just as Kachunga was in most people's eyes (mine included).  I didn't think it was possible to bring in 3 strikers all worse than the pair of them, but we possibly did (only going off what I've seen so far, I get that it can change, just commenting on contribution to the current season for us).  

Wasn't surprised to see Kachunga in the line up today. Evatt trusts him to do what he wants from him and thought it was the sort of game he'd do ok in, one where they might try to play a bit. If there's a likelihood of a football match breaking out he tends to give Kachunga a go

Edited by ianofcleveleys
Typo

3 hours ago, woolli said:

He played well today, even though he tried to " con" that he had scored! Yes control better, but light years behind Charles scoring stats!

A bit of irony there, last 2 league games that he's started here, one he should have got sent off and wasn't.  Today virtually in the same spot, he claimed to have scored a goal, but hadn't!

2 hours ago, Underpants said:

Fleetwood are a tidy outfit. They were a tough nut to crack. 

Agreed.  Very impressive team, won absolutely every header at the back, and their strikers won about 90% of headers against our CBs.  Held the ball up really well and were inventive, just couldn't shoot.  I was comfortable when Vela had the ball because I know how limited he is in possession, but that sending off definitely came in handy.

18 minutes ago, ianofcleveleys said:

Wasn't surprised to see Kachunga in the line up today. Evatt trusts him to do what he wants from him and thought it was the sort of game he'd do ok in, one where they might try to play a bit rather than bungle him about

I spent 5 minutes today just watching Katchunga and not the ball. His movement was amazing. He came short which pulled out the CB which allowed space inbetween for Dion to run into. It’s scandalous how underrated he is and how his work creates opportunities for others to do their best work 

3 hours ago, Mantra said:

Huge relief to get that done and dusted.

Bolton vs Sheffield Wednesday final would be quite the fixture

I'd take it all day long....but would prefer Barnsley as Sheff Wed or Derby will heavily outnumber us and it would need another early goal to shut them up.  In an ideal world and all that.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, newton_white said:

I spent 5 minutes today just watching Katchunga and not the ball. His movement was amazing. He came short which pulled out the CB which allowed space inbetween for Dion to run into. It’s scandalous how underrated he is and how his work creates opportunities for others to do their best work 

Spot on. It's a shame more people don't understand the role he plays and think he's just supposed to be another Dion.

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I know what you mean, and Evatt has made similar points before.

That said, results have remained decent, we've a trophy in the cabinet, and I reckon he's got plenty of credit with fans in general.

In reality, he is always going to defend his players publicly- wouldn't expect anything else- but I'm sure he is aware of the shortcomings so far, and will work with Vic during the closed season.

Surely you'd just sign a player you didn't have to work on?  If just working with a player was an option IE could have done that with Bakayoko who has a better pedigree.  I keep hearing he needs a good pre-season with him, is that going to make him faster, stronger, improve his 1st touch, and win headers?  Cutting our losses might also be an option.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Burndens Bogs said:

So is the Katcha love-in officially on?

Might get a tattoo of Dion if that’s the case,

No love-in. Just a headshake at the totally undeserved stick he gets from an idiotic but vocal minority.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952t6iou7b6anohgvfaf9d

39 minutes ago, perth_white said:

Woke up in the night and checked my phone, wry smile. Had a look at the results of teams around us, turned into a big grin. 2 points a game since Sheff Wed away, a similar return over 2 legs of the playoff semi gets us to Wembley and then it's sexy football time. As Ted Lasso says "Believe".

Pleased for you that looking at your phone was so positive!  Ted Lasso...quality.  I thought it would be a bit naff, but its up there with my favourite comedies.  Roy Kent 😀

• Site Supporter

Kachunga gave everything today.

Fleetwood targeted him for some shitty treatment but he saw it off and was a threat all afternoon.

Pick another scapegoat

Edited by Spider

26 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Pleased for you that looking at your phone was so positive!  Ted Lasso...quality.  I thought it would be a bit naff, but its up there with my favourite comedies.  Roy Kent 😀

Put off watching it for a good while as I thought it would be an American show taking the piss out of "soccer". I was very wrong it's a brilliant comedy and discussion of mental health and positive masculinity. How we could do with a Jamie Tartt for the playoffs.

Wonderful day/Kacha has always worked his socks off and complements Dion and Dempsey's energy/agree Evatt is a bit defensive/paranoid at times and doesn't want to spoil his great relationship with the fans by going too far down that road as it eventually leads into Megson territory/wondering if we'll rest players at Brizzle?

7 hours ago, Spider said:

Kachunga gave everything today.

Fleetwood targeted him for some shitty treatment but he saw it off and was a threat all afternoon.

Pick another scapegoat

I think most have acknowledged that he played very well yesterday myself included who’s been very critical of his performances 

but you can count on one hand his good games and his goal return is still poor, for me it’s come a little late with his contract up  soon. At the very most if we didn’t go up maybe offer him a 1 year deal but I don’t get the scapegoat comment unless someone said something further back