Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fleetwood (H)

globaldiver

13 minutes ago, perth_white said:

That would leave Posh 4 behind with 1 to play, struggling to see how we fuck that up.

Never say never with Bolton! 😂

You’re right though, it was us drawing and them losing which was the scenario which pretty much gets us over the line considering goal difference.

Let’s just win and see what happens. I can’t see anything other than a win for Derby or Posh to be fair so a win is a must just to keep our noses ahead.

5 minutes ago, perth_white said:

@Eddieno worries.

Another night waking up and remembering that we have played, checking my phone, trying not to wake the wife. Hope it's better news than the Accy game, don't want to be muttering "son of a bitch" again.

No need to worry, you’ll be enjoying your flat white from Daisies and walk along Cottesloe beach in the morning safe in the knowledge that the Whites are on the match to Wembley again!

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

No need to worry, you’ll be enjoying your flat white from Daisies and walk along Cottesloe beach in the morning safe in the knowledge that the Whites are on the match to Wembley again!

Nice, you've visited I take it. I'm in Rockingham, no where near as upmarket.

4 minutes ago, perth_white said:

Nice, you've visited I take it. I'm in Rockingham, no where near as upmarket.

Mate lives over there - spent a couple of weeks over for his wedding just before Covid hit, stayed in Cottesloe just back from the beach. Some place, not sure we went to Rockingham (we did drive the coast road heading down to Margaret river so will have either driven through or just past) but I can’t say there was a place we did go that I wasn’t impressed by - some way of life too!

In that case, I hope you’re chilling on Rockingham beach tomorrow reading up on our 3-0 victory 👍🏼

It's overused in football but starting well is literally going to be vital.

From kick off Vs Accy Sheehan passed it straight to their player and we conceded a corner within 20 seconds.

Set the tone today and go after them.

We are Bolton Wanderers, at home, with a job to do, with over 20,000+ home supporters behind us. Let's make it as horrible as we can for them.

11 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Which would indicate 22,500  minimum

4 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

and the annoying thing is there will be loads of unused seats 

I suppose we can't have it both ways, cheaper STs means more fans buy that don't/can't go every week = more empty seats.  Outside of the Prem we're never going to be a club that gets 20k turning up every game.  But its great to see our ground more than half full every single Saturday game, that's not been the case for donkeys years.

54 minutes ago, perth_white said:

@Eddieno worries.

Another night waking up and remembering that we have played, checking my phone, trying not to wake the wife. Hope it's better news than the Accy game, don't want to be muttering "son of a bitch" again.

That would really mess with my head!  My big mate from school days lives in Perth, massive Everton fan but he used to love coming to Bolton games too in the Burnden days.  I don't envy him checking his phone after they've played Leicester on Monday!

On today's game, if we have shots and they don't go in, no complaints.  If we have anything like our usual possession stats and don't have shots, we can be as prepared and as calm and methodical as we want, it counts for nothing.  

I don't want to hear about the opposition getting more tired the more we pass it and the less we cross!

Anyway, a nice day, a big and positive crowd, what's not to like, this is what the football season is for.  I'm even considering not wearing a hat. 

• Site Supporter
56 minutes ago, Lostock Whites said:

It's overused in football but starting well is literally going to be vital.

From kick off Vs Accy Sheehan passed it straight to their player and we conceded a corner within 20 seconds.

Set the tone today and go after them.

We are Bolton Wanderers, at home, with a job to do, with over 20,000+ home supporters behind us. Let's make it as horrible as we can for them.

I agree.

Think Wembley - straight from the off. 

Im happy to see intent even if the early goal doesn’t come. 

37 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

That would really mess with my head!  My big mate from school days lives in Perth, massive Everton fan but he used to love coming to Bolton games too in the Burnden days.  I don't envy him checking his phone after they've played Leicester on Monday!

Worse at this point of the season when every result is critical. Temazepam sometimes helps me sleep until morning, but not always.

We need to set off like a train!

get at them early, ruffle them, bang some shots at that kid keeper if he’s playing? Tother keeper Lynch used to be on our books a long time ago.

make no mistake, they will be up for it.

just hope we keep our heads n play our game.

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

I'd panic less if I began to understand that team sheet.

Usually when I struggle to do that I'm proven terribly wrong. Here's hoping.

I think it’s ok.

MJ one holding midfielder.

Lee and Dempsey to CAMs - probably the best we have.

Kachunga given a chance when other forwards haven’t.

Whats not to understand?