Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Managerial Roundabout

superjohnmcginlay

• Moderators
On 06/06/2023 at 19:12, Zico said:

Spurs new manager will be like another Martin Jol 

Bit of a character, start brightly, everyone likes him so think he could do well 

Will get knocked out of Carabao Cup early doors

Then all goes to shit 

And so it begins

7 hours ago, Zico said:

And so it begins

I always thought they had gone early on the Ange love in, although I do like the bloke as a character and he has a good back story.  The fixtures had been kind, they'd had some luck (Liverpool red cards, 2 late goals v Sheff U etc), had the advantage of not being in Europe, and looked unconvincing, if you're talking top 4 material.  Yes they'll be top 6 or so, but that's what Spurs do.  Conte's dire season is making Ange look amazing when in reality he just looks like another Spurs manager playing nice football with not a lot of substance.

2 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I always thought they had gone early on the Ange love in, although I do like the bloke as a character and he has a good back story.  The fixtures had been kind, they'd had some luck (Liverpool red cards, 2 late goals v Sheff U etc), had the advantage of not being in Europe, and looked unconvincing, if you're talking top 4 material.  Yes they'll be top 6 or so, but that's what Spurs do.  Conte's dire season is making Ange look amazing when in reality he just looks like another Spurs manager playing nice football with not a lot of substance.

That VAR debacle too.

The Luis Diaz disallowed goal I mean. There's been many debacles 🤣

20 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

No surprise but Rotherham looking for a new manager, Taylor gone.  That will make Caldwell at his old club Exeter twitchy.  Hopefully they still have him when they play us, we can do without facing the new manager bounce.

They might get their old one back from Derby yet? 😉

11 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I assume Warne is still at Derby, but after tonight's result maybe not too much longer?

Well he’s never been popular with a large section of their fans and tonight won’t help but he is I think on a four year contract and that would cost to break so I think he’ll get every chance to get it right.

8 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I don't understand how he can; either legally or morally. 

On the latter point, all of football will know what he did here, so why would they even entertain it.

Knowing the EFL he will probably pass the fit and proper test easily

hope for Reading's sake he's not allowed

21 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

On the latter point, all of football will know what he did here, so why would they even entertain it.

Yeah but remember how many bootlickers were giving it the "he can do what he wants, it's his club not ours" because his weirdo son was liking their tweets

I thought the rules were that if you put a club into Administration, you had a 5 year ownership / directors ban. Is that up, already??

He was also banned from Football a number of years before he rocked up at our place for something to do with Liverpool and Southampton. Forget what he did now!

55 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Legally, his position hasn't changed since the day he took over here

As for why would they entertain it, the current ownership will care about one thing and one thing only - money

• Site Supporter
23 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Legally, his position hasn't changed since the day he took over here

As for why would they entertain it, the current ownership will care about one thing and one thing only - money

This is something I don't understand. When FV took over, certain comments made by Sharon were vague by at the same time said a lot.

I'm convinced he was guilty of wrong doing, but somehow managed to have it all hidden away as part of the sale.

That notwithstanding, maybe my choice of word shouldn't have been "legally", but "against the rules". In other words, his behaviour ought to forbid him from passing a fit and proper person test- the efl's own rules.

He'd already been in trouble once, so why the fuckery would he be allowed yet another opportunity to screw someone over.

• 2 weeks later...