Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Dele ali

W.cramp

Yes I know its Gary Neville but if you get chance then have a watch of the dele Ali interview that has just aired on YouTube.

Quite shocking in parts and yet also maybe helpful to others that find themselves in the same position.   Got to say that after watching it I would love him to get back the player he was and maybe then earn himself an England call up.

• Members

Yeah, but what about all those white footballers who were abused as kids?

Edit:  Probably should've put the above in a mixture of upper and lower case, but couldn't be arsed.

Edited by DazBob

• Members

Very brave of Alli to have come out.  Sounds like he had an horrendous childhood and for him to overcome all that and become such a good footballer is incredible.

Whether what happened to him has had anything to do with why his career has nosedived only he will know.

Regardless of whether his career gets back on track or not I hope him going public has helped him in some way.

42 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Very brave of Alli to have come out.  Sounds like he had an horrendous childhood and for him to overcome all that and become such a good footballer is incredible.

Whether what happened to him has had anything to do with why his career has nosedived only he will know.

Regardless of whether his career gets back on track or not I hope him going public has helped him in some way.

This 

4 hours ago, DazBob said:

Good luck to the lad

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, DazBob said:

I think his addiction to sleeping tablets will be the issue there, very emotional watch that, really hope he can get back to his best.

Listening to Jermaine Pennant on Talksport this afternoon was also emotional. It was so easy to dismiss him as a 'bad un' at the time, but he talks so well about what he went through as a kid. He's come out well and clearly talking about his trauma has helped him.

He had a brilliant World Cup in 2018 when we got to the semis - scored a great goal v Sweden in that Quarter Final. Hopefully there's time for him to get back to that type of form. 

With all of the mental health support in football these days you'd hope someone with real expertise can work closely with him and guide him back to a better place.

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Coming off sleeping tablets is a cunt.

Being on them is a chemical sleep, which isn't as good as normal.

Vicious circle. 

Poor lad, Abused as a kid, hooked on sleeping pills and to top it all ends up at Everton

3 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Coming off sleeping tablets is a cunt.

Being on them is a chemical sleep, which isn't as good as normal.

Vicious circle. 

Grim as fuck. I was on Zopiclone, Id wake up having not moved a muscle. 

Previous to them were Diazepam, no wonder hes a bad trainer if its those hes on. They fuck you the next day, confused and groggy etc.

Just finished watching it.

A hard watch as has been said above and I wish the lad all the best.

It really grates on me that the sponsors are “Sky Bet”. 

Another massive problem for society and footballers. 

Edited by captainmed

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

See the 7/7 thread. It will all make sense. 

Brave lad Deli Ali, good luck to the lad. 

Makes sense, but won't be reading it.

Adds to what I said the other day.

I'll just discuss the thread title.

Like Gonzo I was on Zopiclone, and temazepam.

Between me and my wife, we got me off them by her literally popping a sleeping tablet or a vitamin d pill into my gob at night time. Very similar shape and I would swallow it quickly. 

Never knew for sure what I was taking on a given day, and in the end it worked a treat. One of the neuro doctors at Salford was quite enthused by the technique, and I'd recommend it to anyone in that position. 

Hope the lad stays free, and gets himself out of Everton for a fresh start.

13 hours ago, Horwich said:

Where does his career go from here? He won’t be staying at Everton. 12 months left on (how much) per week 🤷🏻‍♂️

How much would you pay for him (pw) to sign for us???

Tough one this now.

£100k a week he is on.

He plays 6 more games and we have to pay the Spurs the first £10 million installment.

Club in a difficult position.

Edited by Pablo

5 minutes ago, Pablo said:

You can guess that talksport will come out with ott/fake support sympathy & empathy....after all the destroying of him by them and every single pundit.

Scum

Playing the clip every 30 mins. Not what you want to hear. Dont think he would want it either.

21 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Playing the clip every 30 mins. Not what you want to hear. Dont think he would want it either.

They have been the worst with him, destroyed him...his clothes, his car, his smiling, laughing, everything.