Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cheltenham a

radcliffe white

3 hours ago, Mantra said:

Be pleasantly surprised if we win this one, would be a good sign if we can brush past one of these smaller teams where they try and frustrate us with a smash and grab

Yup - too many of those dropped points games in the last couple of seasons - it's been our downfall. Looking forward to seeing how the current squad is set up for the less fancied teams - I'm sure lessons have been learnt and we're ready this time around.

• This topic was unpinned and pinned

Pretty much the best teams in the country dominate possession, press from the front and complete a high number of passes.

There's an odd exception every now and again.ย ย 

But Evatt wants to see us be the best team possible, playing the best football, which would really suit us I feel when we get to the championship and for when the time comes to returning back to the Premier League.

But for now, it's those away games at Cheltenham on tight close pitches, where they are going to putting balls in the box and asking us questions.

We have to learn from previous years and win here. Losses at here, Burton even Forest Green last season who could barely beat anyone.

There's no excuse this year, if we want to get 90+ points we have to find a way to do it.ย 

1 minute ago, Mantra said:

Does anyone know if I can buy this match on WTV using a VPN?ย 
ยฃ10?

donโ€™t need a subscription to base level WTV do I?ย 

I don't think anyone really knows the answers about WTV.

The comms from the club aren't the clearest.

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Does anyone know if I can buy this match on WTV using a VPN?ย 
ยฃ10?

donโ€™t need a subscription to base level WTV do I?ย 

Audio passes only according to the website - ยฃ2.50. No, you don't need a subscription.

24 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Audio passes only according to the website - ยฃ2.50. No, you don't need a subscription.

Isnโ€™t audio pass only for people watching in the UK?

think I read that video passes should be available to those abroad, but will have to test it on Saturday to see

cheers

• Site Supporter
On 10/08/2023 at 11:03, Mantra said:

Isnโ€™t audio pass only for people watching in the UK?

think I read that video passes should be available to those abroad, but will have to test it on Saturday to see

cheers

Edit: I was talking shit. You're right. Only available to those abroad/using a VPN.

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
21 hours ago, Lostock Whites said:

But for now, it's those away games at Cheltenham on tight close pitches, where they are going to putting balls in the box and asking us questions.

Boltonย 100 x 66 (6600)

Cheltenham 101 x 65 (6565)

Tell me about the โ€œtight close pitchesโ€

Edited by MickyD

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, W.cramp said:

Ain't it this lot that have a long throw player and use it most of the time ?ย  ย Be some good exercise for mr Santos if I'm right,ย  but then isnt there a 'no towel' rule this season?ย ย 

Went to Wrexham - Tozer I think he was called