Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cambridge United (A)

radcliffe white

Hard to pick a team without (quite rightly ) knowing the fitness/injuries situation.....a lot of rumours that Baxter is injured which isn't good but at least Coleman is a capable replacement.

Defence....wouldn't risk Forrester unless he's fully recovered, if we're taking any chances, it should be with Taylor who isn't ours.

Midfield.....If Sheehan survived the kicking that Barnsley gave him, it should be Thomason for Maghoma.

Up front.....stick with Vic & Charles who have taken us up the league, i'm confident that Charles will come out of his non scoring spell,

& bring on Collins at h/t or after an hour, i don't know yet if he's a striker or an attacking midfielder but either way he looks like he'll be a quality player for us. 

2 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

Hard to pick a team without (quite rightly ) knowing the fitness/injuries situation.....a lot of rumours that Baxter is injured which isn't good but at least Coleman is a capable replacement.

Defence....wouldn't risk Forrester unless he's fully recovered, if we're taking any chances, it should be with Taylor who isn't ours.

Midfield.....If Sheehan survived the kicking that Barnsley gave him, it should be Thomason for Maghoma.

Up front.....stick with Vic & Charles who have taken us up the league, i'm confident that Charles will come out of his non scoring spell,

& bring on Collins at h/t or after an hour, i don't know yet if he's a striker or an attacking midfielder but either way he looks like he'll be a quality player for us. 

iE looked a bit flat in the pre match press conference, wonder if it is bad news on Baxter.

1 hour ago, onefinfrandsen said:

iE looked a bit flat in the pre match press conference, wonder if it is bad news on Baxter.

He's brought in an experienced no2, who's done ok last week at Blackpool. If we play to our best and defend properly as a unit he ought not to have too challenging a night

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, ianofcleveleys said:

He's brought in an experienced no2, who's done ok last week at Blackpool. If we play to our best and defend properly as a unit he ought not to have too challenging a night

if the rumours have some foundation its not just tonight

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Id be getting Collins straight in. No fucking about.

Get him in with Dion and see how he gets on with more than a chance a game.

Bod on if its not working.

Is Thomason back?

Yes, Thomason is back 

3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Yes, Thomason is back 

Get him in. Big fuck off diagonals to Collins, Collins beats one and gets a defence splitting pass to get Dion away one on one.

Bosh.

....at the 14th attempt :)

22 minutes ago, onefinfrandsen said:

If the rumours are true and he is out for a while we may need to activate the emergency loan system, 

We should do and we should also have a gk on the bench from here on.

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, onefinfrandsen said:

If the rumours are true and he is out for a while we may need to activate the emergency loan system, 

i thought we had 2 keepers already

wheres hutch?

1 hour ago, ianofcleveleys said:

Yeah, from what I've seen Coleman seems absolutely fine to cover for a few games. Best bit of business of the summer I thought getting 2 decent keepers

56 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Waiting until a player becomes active.

If he isn’t active then he shouldn’t be on the pitch etc

Just seems they delay too long, if Baxter is injured it would not have happened if flag went up quicker.