Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

FA Cup 2023/24

gonzo

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Sweep said:

Surely nobody thinks it'll be anywhere close to 20K - I'd have thought 10K/12K(ish)  -  Luton will bring fuck all.

Neil does 🤣

“However, speaking in favour of replays was Bolton Wanderers chief executive Neil Hart. Hours before his League One side drew 0-0 at Luton, he told BBC Radio 5 Live: "I'm very in favour of them. I'd love to draw here and get Luton back up north.

"That is lucrative for us. Twenty thousand people at our stadium is a good six-figure payday for us."

1 minute ago, freds dad said:

If we are picked for TV they need to do £10 a ticket and kids / oldies at £1

I think Luton would have to agree to that as well wouldn't they? (they probably would)  -  although, even at them prices, the attendance would still be low, with it being on telly. I'd have thought they'd choose Blackpool v Forest before us for a TV game though

• Moderators
1 hour ago, DirtySanchez said:

Screenshot_2024-01-08-14-31-40-36_4e3a4e884d35a3e473eec66b07ef8cea.jpg

both Bristols won't be at home on the same night surely

so move City and put them on TV v West Ham

Tuersday night TV is far more likely to be Forest at Blackpool i'd have thought

sorted

I think a few might be surprised on attendance.

I’m probably a reasonable case study for the difference between league attendances and cups because I’ve got a season ticket, try to get to a handful of away games a season but really don’t have much interest in cup games for some strange reason (probably because we’ve had no chance in the League cup or FA cup for so long and the pizza cup is just a bit shit).

I don’t know what it is about this one though, probably a mix of us doing well generally, positivity around the place, Prem team who I think we’ve got a chance against, playing well against them yesterday and getting towards the ‘latter’ stages of the FA Cup mean I’ll definitely be there next Tuesday and I’m really looking forward to it.

I don’t think we’ll get 20k+ but I’d bet there are a fair few in the same boat as me so I think we could get 15k+

• Moderators
Just now, Eddie said:

I think a few might be surprised on attendance.

I’m probably a reasonable case study for the difference between league attendances and cups because I’ve got a season ticket, try to get to a handful of away games a season but really don’t have much interest in cup games for some strange reason (probably because we’ve had no chance in the League cup or FA cup for so long and the pizza cup is just a bit shit).

I don’t know what it is about this one though, probably a mix of us doing well generally, positivity around the place, Prem team who I think we’ve got a chance against, playing well against them yesterday and getting towards the ‘latter’ stages of the FA Cup mean I’ll definitely be there next Tuesday and I’m really looking forward to it.

I don’t think we’ll get 20k+ but I’d bet there are a fair few in the same boat as me so I think we could get 15k+

I'm in that boat too

12 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Yes, can’t see our game being picked for TV which is a shame financially but if we get a cracking draw for round 4 tonight I can see a bigger gate for the replay but conversely if it’s a poor draw 5k to 8k max.

Rubbish; at least 10K we are even travelling from Worcestershire 

10 minutes ago, Zico said:

The official app has if as Tuesday now

Screenshot_20240108-162629.png

I'm sure the site pulls the data from BBC or Google 

The original tie was listed as Saturday when th BBC went up with the fixtures, then was moved for the international broadcast with a host of others 

• Moderators
Just now, L/H White said:

I'm sure the site pulls the data from BBC or Google 

The original tie was listed as Saturday when th BBC went up with the fixtures, then was moved for the international broadcast with a host of others 

it's not the best app

could well be pulling data from somewhere

the team line ups are definitely not manually because if you look back at fixtures, instead of showing both the home and away line ups, it pulls in the home line up twice