Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Carlisle (A)

radcliffe white

As much as I have tried to like big Vic I would be more than happy if he is replaced in the next few days.   He is terrible,  2nd touch always a tackle and you just know nothing will come of him breaking forward.     Miles better out there doing that job.

Apart from me moan.   We were good 1st half and not so 2nd half till last 20.

7 minutes ago, W.cramp said:

As much as I have tried to like big Vic I would be more than happy if he is replaced in the next few days.   He is terrible,  2nd touch always a tackle and you just know nothing will come of him breaking forward.     Miles better out there doing that job.

Apart from me moan.   We were good 1st half and not so 2nd half till last 20.

Thought Vic worked his nads off first half and it certainly stuck better to him than it did Bod. Funny how these things go. Thought Bod was much improved tbf so not a criticism as such.

Jerome did a right fucking job btw. 

Good to see plenty of the usual suspects, even if most of those were in Preston!

Got proper twitchy at 2-1 but the run and finish from Dempsey was top drawer and then the fourth was the icing on the cake.

Chuffed to say I’ve been posting this since October but we’re finishing top two and make no mistake.

If anyone else is in Carlisle for the night then give us a shout and a pint is yours. 

Edited by Leyther_Matt
Giving Bod his due

5 minutes ago, Whitestar said:

Soon as the sub strikers came on was totally different game, went from lets hang on to come on lets fookin win this!.

Dion Charles either needs a week in ibiza or a free transfer to PNE (sideways move at best).

agree both replacement strikers hold the ball up better than the starters

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

We won 4-1 and there are 2 posts wanting both strikers to be replaced 🤣

Stopped being surprised at this kind of thing a while ago.

The game plan is to knacker the opposition defence out then send on different kinds of players to run rings round them.

Theres simply some folk who don’t really understand football.

2 hours ago, bwfc87 said:

Some of our fans are weird

I think with Paris he genuinely gets annoyed with himself when he’s not had the best game so has a strop at himself when he’s subbed off. 

Scott Green & Michael Johansen used to bollock themselves in game as well . 

5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

They've only lost once away all season.

Will be very tough.

Agree we have to be ready for tgem they will play the high press and try and stop us playing we need to find a way to beat them.

7 minutes ago, Spider said:

Stopped being surprised at this kind of thing a while ago.

The game plan is to knacker the opposition defence out then send on different kinds of players to run rings round them.

Theres simply some folk who don’t really understand football.

It's not "not understanding football", just having a different opinion of how best to play it.

I agree suggesting we get rid of Charles is lunacy and I'd keep Vic, but I'm not sure they work overly well together. They both run around, you're right, but I'd mix it a bit and have a mixture of the runners, with the more intelligent footballers, so Charles with Bod and then subs are Vic with Jerome. That for me would be 2 more effective strike partnerships during the game than we currently have. And that's not me saying the strike partnerships we have now are bad. 

Just different opinions on how to play a game most effectively. 

Cracking day out, great win. Another game where are fans demonstrated why we have some of the best fans in the league and also some of the mongiest. 

Sick of hearing Charles isn’t championship class. We are in league 1 he doesn’t need to be championship class. 

Great result, needed 2 wins after orient and we did just that.

1st half was good, start of the second half we didn’t get going until they scored, and that seemed to wake us up. Thought bringing on bod and Jerome changed things. Sheehan was unplayable at times, he’s got such a good touch and is very skilful when he twists and turns.

onwards and upwards now, think we should rest a few of the starters as it’s a huge game against Barnsley next Saturday. COYW

• Site Supporter

Anyone not appreciating what Jerome & Bod bring need to watch a different sport. They were superb.

Ashworth is getting better with more game time. Paris n Demps bossed midfield especially 1st half.

Give or take 15 mins around when they scored, we controlled it. Fair result

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Reckon we need Dempsey for next week, so it must be tempting to rest him for Blackpool in the pizza. 

That said, Evatt Will want to win it for sure.

Thomasson  will start against Blackpool with being out for Barnsley game so I think he will start with Morley