Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wigan Athletic (A)

Leyther_Matt

Just now, gonzo said:

You don't win promotion bottling big games.

When the pressures on, we dont win.

Two big fuck off let downs in 3 days. Gonna take some pulling back this.

I love Ian Evatt but Im beginning to think this is going to take another season.

Not a pair of bollocks in the sqaud between them.

The one with bollocks gets dropped 

1 minute ago, Arrested development said:

Ipswich are more possession based than us. I would argue a better version with more money. 

I'll bow out of you know better from this season, but the bits I've seen of them, plus the game at the Reebok last season, they seem to blend possession with a direct game, and a very effective high press. So not like our style at all

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

You don't win promotion bottling big games.

When the pressures on, we dont win.

Two big fuck off let downs in 3 days. Gonna take some pulling back this.

I love Ian Evatt but Im beginning to think this is going to take another season.

Not a pair of bollocks in the sqaud between them.

The problem you have is the goodwill & patience will go if he needs another season. And next season will be more competitive than this one it’s now or never for him 

1 minute ago, radcliffe white said:

The problem you have is the goodwill & patience will go if he needs another season. And next season will be more competitive than this one it’s now or never for him 

Next two games are pivotal- need to win both or we don’t go up

12 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

Collin's doesn't have a clue how to play our system and which Evatt has near enough admitted in the Bolton News today , basically saying he will be better after a pre- season . A bizarre and expensive signing if so , when teams spend big in January on a marquee signing , it's usually so they can go straight in and at some stage have a big impact on your promotion drive , he basically looks a fish out of water .

Like playing with 10 men. Apart from his assist when coming off the bench in his debut he's done absolutely fuck all.

Not seen his contributions for BRFC ..  but by fuck its frustrating ... especially the money the club has spent on him.

Still back Evatt though .. just wish he'd stop being so stubborn with his tactics and formation.

20 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

Collin's doesn't have a clue how to play our system and which Evatt has near enough admitted in the Bolton News today , basically saying he will be better after a pre- season . A bizarre and expensive signing if so , when teams spend big in January on a marquee signing  it's usually so they can go straight in and at some stage have a big impact on your promotion drive , he basically looks a fish out of water .

Just like Vic then!   BTW I'm not saying Collins is no good, he did have a track record and is a good player at this level.  But pre-season won't make his style fit in to an IE team any more than training daily with them like he has for the last month, or any more than it turned Vic into a decent player.

Just now, Rizlar said:

It’s laughable when people say we have the best squad in the league somehow I don’t think so or is it that the manager is clueless on how to get the best out of them? 

Well when Richie Wellens reckons he would piss this league with our squad it makes you wonder?

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

Like playing with 10 men. Apart from his assist when coming off the bench in his debut he's done absolutely fuck all.

Not seen his contributions for BRFC ..  but by fuck its frustrating ... especially the money the club has spent on him.

Still back Evatt though .. just wish he'd stop being so stubborn with his tactics and formation.

Why bring in someone who "doesnt know our system?"

So Taylor, Ogbeta, Ramsey, they're all on short term loans, short term loans are a waste of time if they need a pre season to learn "our system".

Baffling, because the systems been figured out and has dried up.  

1 minute ago, wanderer1984 said:

I hope he comes good and hopefully at some stage we see see the best of him .

I thought we played pretty well but again poor decision making in the final third and our ponderous build up play allows these teams to throw 10 men behind the ball and limit us to creating very few chances .

1 minute ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Just like Vic then!   BTW I'm not saying Collins is no good, he did have a track record and is a good player at this level.  But pre-season won't make his style fit in to an IE team any more than training daily with them like he has for the last month, or any more than it turned Vic into a decent player.

We have fucked up recruitment and have weakened the squad

1 minute ago, only1swanny said:

Why bring in someone who "doesnt know our system?"

So Taylor, Ogbeta, Ramsey, they're all on short term loans, short term loans are a waste of time if they need a pre season to learn "our system".

Baffling, because the systems been figured out and has dried up.  

Exactly, most opposition's seem to understand our formation and tactics every week, not hard it never changes!!

15 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

Could still be the new manager bounce yet though . But there 3 goals against us does show what a load of bollocks this xg is evatt loves is stats but it doesn’t win you games same  as tonight 

Possibly Farny but my problem with IE is that he never seems to learn. Nobody can deny he’s done a cracking job but you do have to ask the question has he reached his limit? The players look so programmed that nothing ever changes. So frustrating.

6 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

Collins is a wide forward. Like Dapo was. Like Sadlier was. Evatt doesn't play wide forwards. He fckg signs them though. It's a mystery.

I can't for the life of me understand why he took Sheehan off for Jerome. Collins should have been pulled. 

Jerome wasn't even utilised when he came on FFS. 

All bark, no bite once again. 

One counter attack and punished. 

Easy to play against. 

Bunch of big game bottlers including the manager 

Cameron & Bod get brought on but do we get any crosses in (exception Ogbeta) no we pass the ball incessantly between Toal & Santos even with only minutes to go. 
Every other team in the league would go direct with ten minutes to go at one nil down its not rocket science, get crosses in , win second balls & fucking shoot now & again.

Inexcusable that we failed to lay a glove on them after they scored.

Our right side of Jones & Cogley was toothless in attack & well at fault for the goal very similar to Saturday when Bod found himself at right back & the opposition played a simple ball inside him.

2 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I.E said that with the hectic schedule he hasn't had chance to work with him on the training pitch as much as he would have liked , we really did need someone in who was pretty much up to speed but good strikers are on everyone's wish list I suppose.

1 minute ago, JimmyRiddle said:

Exactly, most opposition's seem to understand our formation and tactics every week, not hard it never changes!!

My worry is because it’s obvious teams have worked us out and the manager refuses to change we could end up losing a lot more games and not even making the play offs.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Dr. Feelgood said:

Collins is a wide forward. Like Dapo was. Like Sadlier was. Evatt doesn't play wide forwards. He fckg signs them though. It's a mystery.

knee jerk? Dions goals started to dry up...

Feel Sadlier was bought as he didn't think he was going to get Dempsey..

Poor team selection first and foremost. Maghoma was a sending off waiting to happen after the booking, but Evatt leaves him on, until we are losing. Cogley was absolutely wank, like he as been for a few games. Ive never seen him pass forward! We are still losing in injury time, and still pass the fuckin ball about at the back. This league is/was there for the taking, the shit we lost 4-1 to got beat tonight, the shit we played today only drew 1-1 against Cheltenham. We are so fuckin predictable its beyond belief! Why cant we through fuckin Santos up front for the last 5/10 mins, and get some crosses in?  Theres only one man culpable for the shite we are serving up!