Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wigan Athletic (A)

Leyther_Matt

29 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

At the end of the day,for all their over the top celebrations in their Cup Final, were in with a good chance of going up, their going nowhere.

And neither are we unless we get our act together 

In absolute time honoured fashion these wankers went and lost 4-2 at Fleetwood. I have seen this so often down the years, especially with Wigan, Bury and Blackpool. They put on performance of the season v Bolton and then go to some godforsaken footballing outpost and lose convincingly. It's just tinpot but it's also annoying. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Just now, paulhanley said:

In absolute time honoured fashion these wankers went and lost 4-2 at Fleetwood. I have seen this so often down the years, especially with Wigan, Bury and Blackpool. They put on performance of the season v Bolton and then go to some godforsaken footballing outpost and lose convincingly. It's just tinpot but it's also annoying. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Sickening 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

Accounts out today 17:5 million loss 

yet the fans still bleat about selling Man U the whole of the East Stand for their FACup game.

Are they mad?

Just now, MickyD said:

yet the fans still bleat about selling Man U the whole of the East Stand for their FACup game.

Are they mad?

I think they are entitled to be pissed off. If we did it I wouldn’t bother going.

Just now, tomski said:

I think they are entitled to be pissed off. If we did it I wouldn’t bother going.

I actually think they need a bigger away end on a permanent basis. They're never going to fill three sides of that stadium with home fans and in most divisions they'll play in there are local derbies in which  the opposition will bring more than 4000. This was always the problem at Springfield Park - and why in less ticket controlled days BWFC were regularly in the home ends mingled with theirs.

11 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

I actually think they need a bigger away end on a permanent basis. They're never going to fill three sides of that stadium with home fans and in most divisions they'll play in there are local derbies in which  the opposition will bring more than 4000. This was always the problem at Springfield Park - and why in less ticket controlled days BWFC were regularly in the home ends mingled with theirs.

All which is fair enough. Anyone wouldn’t be happy about handing over their ‘end’ though. They aren’t well supported but that’s not the fault of the folk who get moved. It’s the fault of being a rugby town and having a mediocre football club in their town.

They’ve finally got a chairman more interested in actually keeping them going rather than spunking (often non existent) money. Good for them long term, but short term they’ve got a LOT of high earners to get rid of and certainly be chucking money at it next year. Bet they’d still fucking beat us, mind.