Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Stevenage (A)

4 minutes ago, tomski said:

In grand scheme of things made little difference if we want 2nd.

If we are settling for play offs see above. 

A million spent and we're getting further adrift by the week.

If Evatt decided to walk this summer I'd probably say the time was right for a mutual parting of the ways.

Edited by jmjhb

1 minute ago, jmjhb said:

If Evatt decided to walk this summer I'd probably say the time was right for a mutual parting of the ways.

Ideal scenario is people buy the bullshit and a champ club comes in and we get some money to start again

1 minute ago, jmjhb said:

Don't be daft. At least wait until the season has finished. It's been constant progression. Stop being a fanny and buckle up. All to play for. 

6 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Better than fuck all.

I'm a self confessed "happy clapper" like yourself, usually.

But a draw was pretty much useless to us today. From half way through second half I said we may as well throw the kitchen sink at it and if we lose so be it. At least we'd have given it a fuckin good go

Just now, tomski said:

Ideal scenario is people buy the bullshit and a champ club comes in and we get some money to start again

If we don't go up, wouldn't surprise me.

And I'm not someone who wants him gone, despite our frustrations. 

Sunderland will be after another manager soon enough won't they 🤣🤣

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, boogs said:

I'm a self confessed "happy clapper" like yourself, usually.

But a draw was pretty much useless to us today. From half way through second half I said we may as well throw the kitchen sink at it and if we lose so be it. At least we'd have given it a fuckin good go

It's bad enough drawing. Can you imagine the meltdown if we'd lost?

36 minutes ago, Lostock Whites said:

Completely agree.

Look at Derby against us 2 weeks ago. Their main strikers were injured, Gayle got injured and they played the rest of the game against us with no fit strikers.

They scored a goal from the right back from a corner and won 1-0. They won 1-0 again today.

We have 3 strikers including League 1s player of the season last season.

Derby are getting the job done with a crippled and old squad. Pompey been crippled all season and will win the league.

Absolutely no excuse, in 2024 we have been shocking.

This 100% but the difference is that whilst they don’t have better players they arguably have better managers?

50 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Not the performance I hoped for or expected following the international break. 

We got ourselves into a fantastic position earlier in the year - but that run of injuries seems to have taken it's toll. 

Work on performances now. Hope that Derby slip up a couple of times and do our best to get Dion and Baxter for if we do end up in the play offs. 

Really disappointed given what a strong position we had been in. Bit we have to deal with the here and now. 

This is becoming a lame excuse TBH.  Of the away games at eg Orient, Exeter, Stevenage, Northampton, Wigan - which games did the opposition have the better players on paper and would we have swapped their starting line up for our's?  Of course bad results happen even to the best sides, but the inability to win away at top half sides (and not many at home), its not explained away by a couple of injuries (which happens to most sides).

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, gonzo said:

It'd take Dion back and some kind of spark from somewhere. And 2-3 Derby fuck ups.

Play offs it is.

Scramble for tickets and more big game bottling. Think I'd rather finish 7th and crack on for next season.

That's what was said last season

This team's not ready for the championship etc

Be the same next season probably 

So hopefully strongest squad possible and some form going in to the playoffs 

I'd rather get bummed in the championship aiming for 4th bottom, than hoping for top 2 in league one and coming up short at Mansfield

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, radcliffe white said:

The old injury violin getting played

4 wins in 12 enough said 

We've had a lot of injuries throughout this period.

That said, it's no excuse for such a lame effort today.

A week off, time on the grass which is what he wanted, but a performance lacking in many ways.

In the situation where we're lacking up front, then a change of shape/approach would have been understandable, but continuing in the same way, means he's comfortable with the players he still has available being able to get the results. 

Performances suggesting otherwise. 

All the usual bollocks, what did we expect? That was abysmal today let’s not try and gloss over it. There was just no spark in them at all and that’s by far the worst game I’ve ever seen from Santos, right from the first few minutes. Playing like that he had no right whatsoever to finish the game, he should have been off with Toal to CH and Iredale at LCB. The problem with Evatt is that he’s already made his mind up before the game who’s coming off and when. Ogbeta was our most constructive player down the left but yet he still hauls him off yet leaves Santos on who nearly gifted then two goals. I’ve been behind Evatt up to now but I’m rapidly losing faith in him after today because that was just atrocious and he did nothing to improve it. 🤨

40 minutes ago, tomski said:

Whether you like Bod or not, anyone who thinks Jer0me is more of a goal threat than Bod is in the moon man league. 

2 weeks off. No excuse for me for that decision

Over the last few weeks, one has shown far more than the other, and he isn’t a whale chaser. Jerome was far from our worst performer today either.

To be honest, the thing that wound me up most about the two week break was the horrific set pieces and everyone except Toal looking knackered!

43 minutes ago, Arrested development said:

Don't be daft. At least wait until the season has finished. It's been constant progression. Stop being a fanny and buckle up. All to play for. 

There's less to play for with every passing week unfortunately