Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Stevenage (A)

2 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Collins playing defensive midfield is the fault of the midfield three.

I’m not saying Jerome is the messiah but fuck me the way folk carry on you’d think they’ve stuck one of us lot up top rather than someone who has been a solid 7/10 every time he’s pulled on a shirt (and that’s one I’d defend to the hilt btw)

In fact out of all the issues today I’d say Jerome is very, very low on that list 

Wow. We didn’t score but hey ho. 7/10 is wild. He’s never scored. I genuinely think the game was done when we announced the team sheet.

Just now, tomski said:

Wow. We didn’t score but hey ho. 7/10 is wild. He’s never scored. I genuinely think the game was done when we announced the team sheet.

Just a solid performer compared to JDB and Collins twatting about with his shin pads. Proper pro and defenders don’t know how to deal with him 

6 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I’m not saying Jerome is the messiah but fuck me the way folk carry on you’d think they’ve stuck one of us lot up top rather than someone who has been a solid 7/10 every time he’s pulled on a shirt (and that’s one I’d defend to the hilt btw)

In fact out of all the issues today I’d say Jerome is very, very low on that list 

Good grief

How on earth is Collins dropping so deep the fault of the midfielders? 

He had to come deep because he was partnered with a cart horse that did feck all. Jerome couldn’t hold it when we went long which led to Collins coming short for it. 

Edited by Under_Score

Just now, Under_Score said:

Good grief

He had to come deep because he was partnered with a cart horse that did feck all. Jerome couldn’t hold it when we went long which led to Collins coming short for it. 

Because none of the midfielder three were interested in getting the ball. If it was the fault of Jerome then surely he wouldn’t be going straight to source 

1 minute ago, Under_Score said:

Good grief

Might be an idea for the midfield 3 get a shift on and find Collins further up the field?

Just now, Leyther_Matt said:

Just a solid performer compared to JDB and Collins twatting about with his shin pads. Proper pro and defenders don’t know how to deal with him 

0 goals. They are terrified. Collins shin pad has scored more for BWFC

2 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Might be an idea for the midfield 3 get a shift on and find Collins further up the field?

How can the midfield 3 do that when it goes sailing over their heads from Santos and Toal.

Only positive was Forrester wanted to play today and tried to go through the midfield 

Edited by Under_Score

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

Mate. One bloke to blame for this. Think back to Doyle. clueless

12 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I agree with that.  Today wasn't a day to say Jerome should start, he wasn't particularly influential, but I've seen a lot worse from Vic and we are supposedly missing him.  I'm yet to see Jerome have a game as bad as I've seen from Vic and Charles when they are bad.  His bad isn't as bad as their bad, I've seen him contribute positively in every appearance that I've seen.  But his good games haven't been as good as the good games of any of the other usual strikers.

5 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Because none of the midfielder three were interested in getting the ball. If it was the fault of Jerome then surely he wouldn’t be going straight to source 

The midfield three watched it sail over their heads for the majority of the game after Santos had dawdled for a while on the ball before booting it long time and time again. 

Jerome was the man supposed to hold it up today as we know that’s not what Collins is about. He didn’t. That’s why Collins had to come deep as he was getting nothing from Jerome who was supposed to be holding it and feeding him 

We have to put today behind us. It might seem a long shot but, if we beat Reading and win at Bristol Rovers and Derby lose on Tuesday to Portsmouth then next Saturday, we be level on points on the same number of games. Derby don't play until the following week. Not out of it yet.

Perhaps with the main strikers out, rather than just using the remaining players in the same system, switch systems? Play with 1 up top and 2 attacking midfielders just behind or similar?

With 2 weeks on the training ground, we had the chance to be more flexible. Just feels like we're trying the same stuff week after week and it's clearly no longer working.

2 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Perhaps with the main strikers out, rather than just using the remaining players in the same system, switch systems? Play with 1 up top and 2 attacking midfielders just behind or similar?

With 2 weeks on the training ground, we had the chance to be more flexible. Just feels like we're trying the same stuff week after week and it's clearly no longer working.

We don't have a manager capable of mixing it up unfortunately 

3 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Don’t be stupid

Only a reasonable minded human being would do that 

13 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

We have to put today behind us. It might seem a long shot but, if we beat Reading and win at Bristol Rovers and Derby lose on Tuesday to Portsmouth then next Saturday, we be level on points on the same number of games. Derby don't play until the following week. Not out of it yet.

Clutching at broken straws I am afraid

2 hours ago, Lostock Whites said:

The team as good as they can be, just reek of weak mentalities. 

Go behind, their heads drop and it never seems like they belief they can turn it around.

Tough away game, bottle it 9/10. Now Evatt mentioned how the players were fearful and on Monday its going to be a massive crowd too and the crowd needs to be positive. 

It just feels like these players will crack under anything. Wembley aside, even when we've got a packed out home crowd it appears going into it, that it might be detrimental if anything, which is absurd.

It seems like there's always an excuse for them not to perform and get the job done.

And that in the high pressured environments they crumble.

No signs of a promotion side to me. Which is frustrating because on our day we can be unplayable. Just feels like the players mentality is weak when it matters. 

It's hard to put a finger on it, but I'm sure we can all agree that there's just something missing in the team.

It's all mentality with this lot. And a lot of it isn't just panicking when they go behind, it's also turning up with the wrong attitude and having a poor half/60mins/full game. They just seem like a mollycoddled bunch to me, turn up thinking they'll win and not being prepared to work for it.

Such a waste of a great opportunity this season.

Finishing outside of the top 2 is definitely a failure this season and questions has to be asked.

HOWEVER

I think 99% of us have associated the play offs as the end of promotion hopes, and it's true to an extent, nothing is guaranteed and it's doing it the hard way.

Yet, I still have a tiny little bit of faith, that despite recent performances, we could still get to Wembley and do the job, similarly to Wednesday last season who bottled March & April, finished 3rd but got over the line.

Either way, I'm personally already over today's game. 2nd is still more than possible and if it's not to be, then let's believe that we can do it in the play offs and go for it. 

Despite being top 3 all season it's not been enjoyable personally, however, by June, I'll be thoroughly missing watching the Wanderers play and be excited for the season ahead regardless of the division we are in.

Easter Monday, Reading at home, potentially 25,000+ supporters in attendance. It's why we all do what we do, for this team. Looking forward to it. 

COYWM.

Edited by Lostock Whites