Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pompey (H)

Ani

I know some of our supporters don't help themselves on social media. But I do find it extremely weird how obsessed a lot of Pompey fans online have been towards us.

Every week they have been winning yet still have mentioned us and how we have apparently bottled it. I'm finding a lot of their comments on our own pages, "But you got games in hand still right"?

Find it rich a club saying we're bottlers yet they've been in league 1 for like 7 years. 

I think they need the stimulation because they are bored or something, having been top for so long. 

Very odd behaviour. 

Anyway, they've been giving it big since they beat us in December and we definitely owe them one.

Edited by Lostock Whites

Just now, Lostock Whites said:

I know some of our supporters don't help themselves on social media. But I do find it extremely weird how obsessed a lot of Pompey fans online have been towards us.

Every week they have been winning yet still have mentioned us and how we have apparently bottled it. I'm finding a lot of their comments on our own pages, "But you got games in hand still right"?

I think they need the stimulation because they are bored or something, having been top for so long. 

Very odd behaviour 

I think it's probably just because a lot of our lot gave it large when they had a run of poor form earlier in the year

3 hours ago, L/H White said:

yeah it weren't a decent one 

he's got his teeth tattood to :D

He has a bugle FFS.

He claims to be a tranny and was banned for a year for going into the ladies' loo.

Twat.

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I think it's probably just because a lot of our lot gave it large when they had a run of poor form earlier in the year

And had games in hand

• Moderators
1 minute ago, gonzo said:

How many have gone up or won leagues at our place?

Wolves other season and obviously Chelsea spring to mind

Villa maybe, if not they weren't far off 

Pretty sure Boro did too

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lostock Whites said:

Find it rich a club saying we're bottlers yet they've been in league 1 for like 7 years. 

Very odd behaviour. 

Anyway, they've been giving it big since they beat us in December and we definitely owe them one.

Social media is just full of weirdos. One guy claiming they are bringing 5k and they will fill the ground. Similar rumours when Chelsea won league at our place and did not happen.

Our fans are just as bad 

Edited by Ani

• Site Supporter
35 minutes ago, gonzo said:

How many have gone up or won leagues at our place?

Wolves other season and obviously Chelsea spring to mind

Leicester I think confirmed the title at our gaff.

Brum stayed up which was almost the same celebration

36 minutes ago, Ani said:

Social media is just full of weirdos. One guy claiming they are bringing 5k and they will fill the ground. Similar rumours when Chelsea won league at our place and did not happen.

Our fans are just as bad 

The ones claiming how shit the top two (and the rest of the league in general) are as we sit below them are getting on my tits

• Site Supporter
22 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I think we can agree Carlisle at home is a "gimme". 

If only. We’d be 3 points and 3 goals better off and in the box seat.

23 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Makes you realise how important every game is.

Some people state a poor result like that can have a massive overreaction. Well, there's a reason for it.

3 hours ago, Lostock Whites said:

Very odd behaviour. 

Is it not because some of our online comedy geniuses were dogging them relentlessly when they lost a few games earlier in the season, around the time we beat Exeter 7-0 and they got trounced at home to Blackpool same day? Reap what you sow innit.

South lower tickets aren't flying off the shelf for this.... So I can't see us using our half of the south upper, may as well give the rest of the upper to Portsmouth while they've got a chance to sell them.

And quite a few returns dotted around using this new exchange thing, including ESL - seems to have worked well. Easy to return and easy to buy

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

I meant in the current situation - already relegated and looking forward to going on their holidays, injury free. 

Although if Derby decide to give them 2 first half pens like we did you never know! 

58 minutes ago, Lostock Whites said:

Makes you realise how important every game is.

Some people state a poor result like that can have a massive overreaction. Well, there's a reason for it.

Normally a shock home defeat is balanced out by a stand out / unexpected away win if you're going for promotion, so far that hasn't happened.  I think every single win this season has been expected with the possible exception of (10 man) Derby, who were 10th after that game so hardly huge at the time.

Its all set up for us to right that wrong by beating Pompey home and Posh away 🤞

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, Stig said:

South lower tickets aren't flying off the shelf for this.... So I can't see us using our half of the south upper, may as well give the rest of the upper to Portsmouth while they've got a chance to sell them.

And quite a few returns dotted around using this new exchange thing, including ESL - seems to have worked well. Easy to return and easy to buy

They've got the upper, we've got the lower.

It's in the BN.

4 hours ago, Lostock Whites said:

Very odd behaviour. 

Every club is the same. Social media just feeds numpties who want to gloat about their success and mock their rivals. It’s all a bit sad really. Portsmouth have done really well this season and have been far more consistent than ourselves. Hopefully we turn up on Saturday but for our own reasons.