Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Amazon Prime

bolty58

• Members

Anyone on here a member? I have never been yet for the second year running an account has miraculously appeared and started to draw 10 dollars from my credit card on a monthly basis. Both times it started on 27th December which makes me suspicious that this is an intentional ruse netting that fucker Bezos millions/billions worldwide. I would guess that the timing (Christmas break) and relatively small amounts would be missed by many.

Last year it was just Amazon Australia. This year the scam seems to have expanded and Amazon Japan are now taking a payment each month too.

I have stopped both through my bank today; launched a fraud investigation and am endeavouring to contact Amazon Tokyo who, for the time being, are remaining elusive as they are insisting on me logging into an account I know absolutely nothing about. If Amazon Australia can't help me to nip ;) this Japan thing in the bud, I'll be taking it up the tree to the anti fraud authorities.

Just wondered if anyone on here has had similar experiences or even might be a victim and be blissfully unaware?

No fucking wonder Bezos is rated 'the worlds richest person'.

We've got it but after Alexa told me to link my account to talksport account it started charging me £6 extra.

I didn't agree to paying an extra £6.

It's like tackling the labyrinth trying to sort it.

Had it, ditched it after the price rises this year (and ring also).

18 months ago an extra charge of 7.99 started to appear on my Amex card, happened 2 months on the trot.

Got in touch with both Amex & Amazon, account was coming from Germany.

Amex cancelled my card, and issued a new one.

Got credited back for both the bogus payments.

Het in touch with your CC people.

• Site Supporter

Fogarty the younger is something to do with HR at Amazon and they are always bringing out hats and scarves and fleeces and stuff. It’s always massive and has a tendency to self destruct in the zip department but the price is right.

She has Prime but uses it a lot so Steve is okay by me, but if I do much as fart while I’m using my kindle I get an advert for bog rolls.

dunno if its of interest, but they could let you have prime for free, but charge for it so you become more inclined to use it- a lot of products are available with free delivery, albeit a day or so later; however the psychology is if we pay for it, we might as well use it

2 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

dunno if its of interest, but they could let you have prime for free, but charge for it so you become more inclined to use it- a lot of products are available with free delivery, albeit a day or so later; however the psychology is if we pay for it, we might as well use it

Plenty of times I've ordered stuff that is free delivery but it's down as 4-5 days wait. Only for it to turn up next day anyhow.

18 minutes ago, SatanGreavsie said:

Plenty of times I've ordered stuff that is free delivery but it's down as 4-5 days wait. Only for it to turn up next day anyhow.

I ordered something the other week, and it arrived about 4 hours later.

I reckon we have a delivery from Amazon at least 3 or 4 times a week - next door, have stuff arriving everyday, sometimes twice a day

10 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I ordered something the other week, and it arrived about 4 hours later.

Was it the newly released for Easter 'egg scrambler' attachment for the fistmaster 5000? 

19 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Was it the newly released for Easter 'egg scrambler' attachment for the fistmaster 5000? 

it was meant to be a surprise for you, well that's ruined Easter Sunday 😡

Mrs opened an Amazon Prime account for the shite that she orders. All of a sudden anything I order is free next day delivery and I can access Prime on the telly. Must be linked to our address I guess as I’ve never registered? No extra charges so guessing @bolty58 you’ve been scammed mate

• Members
4 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Mrs opened an Amazon Prime account for the shite that she orders. All of a sudden anything I order is free next day delivery and I can access Prime on the telly. Must be linked to our address I guess as I’ve never registered? No extra charges so guessing @bolty58 you’ve been scammed mate

Possibly mate - the Japanese one. All sorted with the Sydney one; refund in train.

The Tokyo one were only nipping 600 yen a month (around 3 quid) from me so nothing like as bad as the last time when some 'bakery' in Florida took a couple of grand in the space of around 48 hours. Who knows where the Japs might have started upping it. My bank are already telling me that they've had multiple similar complaints so they are balls deep into a fraud investigation now.

• Moderators
15 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Possibly mate - the Japanese one. All sorted with the Sydney one; refund in train.

The Tokyo one were only nipping 600 yen a month (around 3 quid) from me so nothing like as bad as the last time when some 'bakery' in Florida took a couple of grand in the space of around 48 hours. Who knows where the Japs might have started upping it. My bank are already telling me that they've had multiple similar complaints so they are balls deep into a fraud investigation now.

You been clicking on ads for red MAGA hats again?