Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Shrewsbury Town (H)

RUREADY2ROLL

3 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Yes I was surprised how poor Forrester was tonight, he has nowhere near the forward capability Gethin has and JDC looks half the player without it but he was just dreadful and Iredale not much better. 

Agreed, Toal had to cover both their positions as Forrester looked terrified.

1 minute ago, Whitestar said:

Agreed, Toal had to cover both their positions as Forrester looked terrified.

Toal can't say anything after pompey. The are all to blame. It's just a different player making a mistake each week. Those two goals were so bad defensively. I've just seen the replay of the second. The guy was completely free but it's right at baxter, he should do better. 

Just got back and my god that was dire.Iredale's worst performance in a white shirt, Forrester very poor,Cogley safe option nearly every time, Dempsey shite, Magoma the one bright light in a pathetic performance 

Ref was a cunt again no clapping down on the blatant time wasting 

From feeling confident after Saturday that performance has ripped all that away.Fucking gutless 

5 minutes ago, CumbrianWhite said:

We had to win though. I’d much rather see Morley distributing from rcb than Forrester when we’re chasing a goal.

3 strikers but distribution in to them was very poor. 

Aye your probably right. Forrester was bloody awful tonight.

Iredales worst game since Wigan home.

8 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Yes I was surprised how poor Forrester was tonight, he has nowhere near the forward capability Gethin has and JDC looks half the player without it but he was just dreadful and Iredale not much better. 

Yeah, makes you wonder how much of an impact being unnecessarily left out of games has had on the lad

6 minutes ago, CumbrianWhite said:

We had to win though. I’d much rather see Morley distributing from rcb than Forrester when we’re chasing a goal.

3 strikers but distribution in to them was very poor. 

This is part of my issue with the formation. Your spare player is always a defender who tend to be your worst players on the ball. Needs sorting for next season as inferior teams are scraping results against us by simply having a good game plan

Just now, meanderson93 said:

Yeah, makes you wonder how much of an impact being unnecessarily left out of games has had on the lad

Nah not having that he's supposably a professional footballer had a chance tonight to prove he should be playing but instead put in a pathetic performance 

1 minute ago, 1969 said:

Nah not having that he's supposably a professional footballer had a chance tonight to prove he should be playing but instead put in a pathetic performance 

In every other game I've seen him he's been arguably the best defender on the pitch.

Then bafflingly doesn't get a look in for weeks until 3rd game from the end of the season against a team fighting for their lives, thrown in to a team with 4 other changes.

He was shite tonight, like a number of others, but I'm not having that period of not playing hasn't had an impact.

There is absolutely no point in slagging off the players. Every one of them has turned in good performances before so we know they're OK but collectively they weren't on the same wavelength tonight and when that happens, passes go astray, frustration rises and performances go downhill. Whether or not there was a collective bad attitude/lack of respect for the opposition going into this we'll never know, but the focus they showed against Pompey (after going a goal down) just wasn't there.

Somehow they've got to find that "cup final" mentality again for the playoffs.

Just now, meanderson93 said:

In every other game I've seen him he's been arguably the best defender on the pitch.

Then bafflingly doesn't get a look in for weeks until 3rd game from the end of the season against a team fighting for their lives, thrown in to a team with 4 other changes.

He was shite tonight, like a number of others, but I'm not having that period of not playing hasn't had an impact.

As I've stated he had his chance to prove he should be playing but all he did was prove he's nowhere near to displacing any of the current 3 cb's

4 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Been pointing towards play offs for months now it’s near enough confirmed 

my word this league is shocking but Evatt has 2 attempts at it 

We've spent nearly a million to go from 2nd to probably 4th.

But still, we play nice football. IE has done a great job of lowering a lot of people's expectations 

22 minutes ago, 1969 said:

Just got back and my god that was dire.Iredale's worst performance in a white shirt, Forrester very poor,Cogley safe option nearly every time, Dempsey shite, Magoma the one bright light in a pathetic performance 

From feeling confident after Saturday that performance has ripped all that away.Fucking gutless 

Can't disagree with any of this.

Even the ballboys were feckin shite this evening.

8 minutes ago, tshape said:

Crap. Gone from fancying us in the playoffs on Saturday night to thinking Barnsley will do us again. 

If you look at any of the teams in the play off positions they have there problems and faults Barnsley fans have wanted there manger sacked recently and form is up and down Peterborough just had 5 past them we spanked Oxford and Blackpool and Lincoln are up and down 

First goal conceded same as Portsmouths on Saturday poor defending second goal we were too busy messing around in the penalty box leaving a man unmarked we hardly won a header all game players backing off.paris magoma just holds onto the ball too long with other players in better positions.IE needs now to prove how good he thinks he is to get us up through the playoffs 

26 minutes ago, 1969 said:

Their keeper got booked after our first goal which would explain why he turned a blind eye the rest of the night. Not sure we’d have scored if we’d carried on until midnight, mind.

Think Maghoma’s finish and some of Jerome’s movement were the only bits of quality we had all night. Absolutely dire other than that.